Author Topic: Retro Studios Developing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze  (Read 5991 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Retro Studios Developing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 12:34:14 AM »
I would be more excepting of Retro doing another DK game if the Kremlings returned.

Psst. Accepting.

But aside from that, I agree. I think it sadly the only thing that has kept me sort of bummed about this which I know I've mentioned too much already at this point and on further introspection really shouldn't be that a big a deal. I personally have always liked the DKC games on SNES and I really liked DK64 even with all the collecting. So, I was disappointed when DK suddenly seemed to get lost when Rare left. We got the DK bongos which was great for Jungle Beat and there was DK: King of Swing which wasn't so great. DK just suddenly seemed to be the guy to use for experimental stuff. There was Mario VS DK which wasn't the same and early on the Wii was Donkey Kong Barrel Blast.

I really wanted a return to the Donkey Kong Country days with Kremlings and Dixie and King K. Rule. I was stoked when the released DKCR and as odd as the decision was to just re-release it on 3DS, I'm glad that there is another iteration so soon and that Dixie is back. But without Kremlings, it's still gives me more a Jungle Beat vibe and less of a Country vibe since that was the first sidescroller I played where DK didn't fight any of the Rare enemies.

Still, with solid gameplay, I'll live. And maybe Retro doesn't want to step all over Rare's legacy completely and want do their own spin on the Country idea and put in their own original characters. So, I'll just have to accept things are the way they are for whatever reason and enjoy it for what it is.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:41:57 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.