Author Topic: NWR Mario Kart T.T. Records  (Read 7346 times)

Offline Glad0s

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
Re: NWR Mario Kart T.T. Records
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »
Oh, and:

Lightning Cup
GCN Dino Dino Jungle - 2:10.652
"Isn't Karl like Mexican or something"

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 11:07:01 PM »
Good job Glad0s. I will be trying to beat that by tonight! Those of you who still play a lot of Mario Kart, but everyone elses friend list is filled, feel free to PM me.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 05:20:16 AM »
Rainbow Road SNES Lighting cup. 1.22.683.

It's about .5 seconds off the developer time from a month or two back. Until I figure out where the others get their stupid amount of extra speed from, I can't be fucked to improve that time. It's fucking ridiculous.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 05:22:16 PM »
Seems like every time I go to the hospital for baby checks I break a new record! Hopefully you guys see my scores online Wushu*Matt

N64 Luigi Raceway
Caterkiller 01:47:149

DS Airship Fortress 
Caterkiller 01:59:875

Cheep-Cheep Lagoon
Caterkiller 01:40:244

If anyone from these boards can beat these scores I will give you something special!

Also new tips from Caterkiller!

-If there is an on rails gliding section make sure you hold down on the slider pad. Rearing the kart back gives you more speed then if you just let the game do it's thing. Holding forward actually slows you down significantly. This can shave full seconds off of your time! Air ship fortress and Waluigi Pinpball are good examples.

-If there is a stage that uses grass as part of the major short cuts, cars with good handling off road make a HUGE difference to your mushroom speed.

-When bouncing on a mushroom hold back to catch a lot of air and travel through the sky, the bigger the jump the faster the mid air speed. New DK stage, New Mario Circuit.

-I just realized you can cut off the glider at any point. So far I have only found one stage where that is super important. On the Air Ship fortress, if you break in mid air you can cut off the glider and descend down to the ground faster. But if you do it too soon you fall off the stage, do it too late and you won't maintain the momentum to circle around that big stair case pillar thing.

Seriously try to beat my 3 scores up there!

I'm still not entirely convinced some people don't cheat. But certain times that I thought were once impossible i've actually beaten or in some cases I pass up that racer only to fumble later in the race and lose. Good luck!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn