Author Topic: Incoming SEGA GCN announcement!  (Read 25712 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Incoming SEGA GCN announcement!
« on: February 14, 2003, 10:18:50 AM »
Some guy on IGN, said a big Sega announcement would be coming next week sometime. He is a apparently very reliable and has a good track record. I wonder what it will be? Super Monkey Ball 3? Skies of Arcadia 2? Virtua Fighter Quest? Sonic Adventure 3? Hmmmm, very intriging...

Offline bryanee

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 10:25:54 AM »
<gets on knees and prays for shenmue 3, virtua fighter quest will do just fine though, and dont let them cancel any games which i care about>
That lady is all kinds of naked!!!!!

Offline Marufy007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 10:29:16 AM »
if they wanna make me really happy then they can announce a Shining Force game! that would be super!

did you guys also see the rumor about Chrono Break and Chrono Trigger 2? i saw it somewhere on the n-philes forum. it'll be pretty neat if it happens! Square would make me cream my pants like back in the good ol days!  
Save the best for last!
CLASS OF 99!!!
Maruf

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 10:39:52 AM »
Alex the Kidd anyone?

Offline TAYREL713

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2003, 10:58:52 AM »
Alex Kidd was a Turbo Grafx 16 game not a Sega game, but his return has been put off for far to long. Alex Kidd in Miracle World 2, yeah, thats what im talking bout.
"I put my foot so deep in your ass the water in my knee will quench your thirst." (Ras Kass 'Miami Life')

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2003, 11:02:09 AM »
I'd figuratively have a heart-attack great enough to tumble the mountains if Sega announced a new Shining Force for the GCN.  Shining Force 1 and 2 for the Genesis are my favorite strat's ever, just ahead of Dragon Force for Saturn and Advance Wars.  I'm super anxious to find out more about this VF Quest game--it's seemingly been in the works for twenty years.

That said, only two things I can think of could equal or top nearly anything Nintendo themselves could announce and those things are:

1) a 2.5-D (or straight-out 2-D) Sonic game eschewing the Adventure-style Sonic gameplay.  My dream back in the 16-bit days was that when new systems came along, the companies would actually make games like the ones we had but with 16,000 colors and much more animation and CD-quality music.  Sadly, this never really happened, with few exceptions.  Everything just went 3-D (I know, I'm beating a dead horse that's been thrashed a thousand, thousand times already) and much of it just will never truly work.  Nintendo proved it can be done equally or better, but Sega's Sonic games have done nothing but make Sonic fans wish for 2-D again (even though I think Sonic Adventure was a lot of fun).

2) One word, and it's so predictable: NiGHTS.

Let me add a third just for kicks:

3) Phantasy Star 5 (screw this online stuff for just a while).

(Oh, and I don't think this was solely a Sega game, but I'm dying for an update of the classic Wonder Boy in Monster World games!!!!!!!  Isn't everyone?  Hahaha...they could even use that Tenacious D song for the heck of it.  Or not.)  
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Modulus-X

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2003, 11:12:15 AM »
expect a port...thats all sega seems to give the gamecube, if it is an original title i will be surprised.  *hopes for Virtua Fighter Quest*
-=[Modulus-X]=-

Currently Playing: Zelda: The Wind Waker, WarCraft 3 Expansion Beta, Star Wars Galaxies Beta

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2003, 11:56:08 AM »
Its not a port, the guy said the announcement is BIG, a port isnt BIG.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2003, 12:08:16 PM »
I think it will be Sonic Adventure 2 Battle DX.  Yes that's right.   An enhanced Gamecube port of a Gamecube port of a Dreamcast title that for the most part sucked to begin with.

Okay I don't REALLY think that's what'll be announced but knowing Sega it's not too unbelievable.

Who is "some guy on IGN"?  Is he a staff member or just some forum dork?  What sort of stuff was he right about in the past?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2003, 12:13:27 PM »
I am kind of dubious about this as well...  but what the heck.  I haven't gone overboard hyping a rumor in a while.  Hows about a new Shining Force game, or a sequel to Skies of Arcadia?  Wouldn't that just make everyone crap their pants?
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline cmoney

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2003, 01:05:01 PM »
Yes. I might crap my pants.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2003, 01:55:02 PM »
1.Nights into dreams 2.........

2.Trigun Planet Gunsmoke

3.Fighting Vipers 3 for the Triforce

4.Sonic Adventure 3 Exclusive

5.Eternal Champions 3

I would love any of the aformentioned items.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2003, 01:55:51 PM »
Let's hope the big announcment isn't VF: Quest because if it is it either means it will be ported or moved to another console. Since it is confirmed to be coming to the Gamecube at this point in time.  
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Tsunekazu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2003, 02:08:06 PM »
Sega has said they do not want to make a sequel to NiGHTS.  It's one of those things where if you make a sequel, you risk ruining the series.  That hasn't changed since the interview a few years back.  NiGHTS on GBA perhaps, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for a NiGHTS sequel, you'll likely never see one.

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2003, 02:21:05 PM »
Two words...

Shenmue 3.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power...its burning grip tells me to defeat you!!!"

-Domon, G Gundam

Offline AGENTDICKLAURENT

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2003, 05:42:21 PM »
*pets sega payrolled friend* Why, oh why, are you imaginary?!

I'm hoping for a new Alex Kidd or Skies of Arcadia 2.

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2003, 06:19:16 PM »

Originally posted by: TAYREL713
Alex Kidd was a Turbo Grafx 16 game not a Sega game, but his return has been put off for far to long. Alex Kidd in Miracle World 2, yeah, thats what im talking bout.

Alex Kidd was a Sega game, and never appeared on any other systems. Wonder Boy did appear on Amiga and Turbo CD later on, but it was first on the Master System.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2003, 07:49:41 PM »
I'd like to see Shenmue on GCN. I think it would sell better on Gamecube than it would on X-Box.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2003, 08:42:48 PM »

Originally posted by: TAYREL713

Alex Kidd was infact a Sega game. He was born in the arcades, then became one of Sega's main mascot's for the Master System ^^

Anyway, I'm hoping for a new Wonderboy game.... It's been over 10 years since Wonderboy III Sega! Give us a new one! *Cries*
What I'm expecting? Monkey Ball 3, or an online Daytona.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2003, 09:20:42 PM »
I just sent Sega an email.  I am actually very displeased with them at this moment in time, as I cannot find a copy of Skies of Arcadia anywhere around here in spite of trying my hardest.  I just thought I would share the email here.  What possible good does it do me if they make games for the GameCube but don't sell them?  Buying games online is NOT something I like to do.

Somehow I get the impression that Sega hates making money.  Why else would they refuse to supply enough copies of Skies of Arcadia to cover all of North America?  I haven't seen a single copy of Skies of Arcadia Legends in my area (Lethbridge, Alberta), and I know that I am not the only one with this problem.  EBGames is sold out and copies are on backorder, and none of the stores in my area have even heard of the game.

If the sales of Skies of Arcadia Legends is supposed to determine the chances of a sequel, then I guess you guys don't want to make a sequel too badly, as it seems that YOU REFUSE TO SELL THE GAME TO ME!

-Angry GameCube owner.

Offline AGENTDICKLAURENT

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2003, 09:48:18 PM »
Grey Ninja, somehow I get the impression you're not really looking for the game. Aren't you really looking for reasons to not like Sega? How hard is it to check out some online stores, eh?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2003, 10:21:23 PM »
I LIVE IN FREAKING CANADA!

Paying $20+ to have a game shipped to me that should be available in stores is simply lunacy.  I think I will end up paying inflated prices for shipping, but it is NOT what I want to be doing.  I have no gripes with Sega, at least not before they decided that Lethbridge wasn't worthy of recieving their games.  You may be willing to spend 1/3 the costs of the game itself on shipping, but I tend to balk at that, as I am starving to death already.  Give me one good reason why I shouldn't be mad at Sega.

PS:  I also am not a fan of their customer service.  They don't even have the courtesy to write you back.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2003, 10:27:51 PM »
Go get a pre-owned Dreamcast and a copy of SoA. It'd most likely work out cheaper...

Meanwhile, I have to wait six more months for an Australian release of SoA, not only that, but Dreamcast's are one of the rarest consoles ever in this country. At least you have a choice of sorts!

*Looks over at broken DC, cries*

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2003, 02:29:36 AM »

Paying $20+ to have a game shipped to me that should be available in stores is simply lunacy. I think I will end up paying inflated prices for shipping, but it is NOT what I want to be doing. I have no gripes with Sega, at least not before they decided that Lethbridge wasn't worthy of recieving their games. You may be willing to spend 1/3 the costs of the game itself on shipping, but I tend to balk at that, as I am starving to death already. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't be mad at Sega.

Try dvdboxoffice.com (its canadian, and its free shipping) or national console support www.ncsx.com I only pay 9bucks for shipping and thats for getting a game within 4-5 days in germany.
LZ 2005

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2003, 02:38:02 AM »
Considering that most 1st party games go for like $60 around here, I'm not really getting that great of a deal buying online.  DVDBoxOffice is in fact probably where I will end up buying the game in the end, but I am still bitter about it, and I think I have a right to be.  Being forced to buy a game online because the retailers aren't getting any copies of the game is simply inexcusable.  Besides, most online retailers are sold out anyways.

Thanks for your help though.  I have calmed myself down a little now, and I am in the mood to be reasonable.    Just had to get that rant out of my system.  (Although I probably should send Sega another rant about their customer service)