Author Topic: The Forums Stats Thread that Mop it up and Stratos Abandoned  (Read 184940 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
So, going back to the original thought of the thread, there has been a bit of an upset in the top 10 posters. EasyCure stole the number 10 spot from Smash_Brother. BNM I know is less than 30 posts behind EasyCrue so well see if he can hold on to the spot before passing Mario. But Mario is still 800 posts ahead so he has a ays to go.

KDR_11k  16510
Bill Aurion  15463
NinGurl69 *huggles  14149
Kairon  12005
vudu  10818
GoldenPhoenix  10803
Ian Sane  8604
ShyGuy  8570
Mario  7838
EasyCure  7054
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
So, going back to the original thought of the thread, there has been a bit of an upset in the top 10 posters.
Isn't the purpose of this thread to prevent us from going off topic? The forum stats are just the first topic we started discussing because we were derailing the Welcome thread with it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
And is that not the original thought of the thread, then?

Plus this is a monumental occasion. When was the last time someone broke the top ten?
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Misinterpretation by use of the word "original", I don't consider that a synonym for the word "first" in this context.

Last time the full stats were posted the male/female ratio was 11.1:1. Now it is 9.9:1. Looks like I'm doing my part!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Last time the full stats were posted the male/female ratio was 11.1:1. Now it is 9.9:1. Looks like I'm doing my part!

what did you do?
multiply?
scare off some of the male members?

what was your part?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Misinterpretation by use of the word "original", I don't consider that a synonym for the word "first" in this context.

Yeah, I noticed that. I was looking at if after the gender poll incident died down and noticed the change and thought "Huh, Mop it up changing from unknown to known really made a difference!"

Though that does seem like a huge change. I wonder if your toil and persecution for remaining gender anonymous inspired other women on the forums to come out with their true gender.

what did you do?
multiply?
scare off some of the male members?

what was your part?

No, that's GP's mission apparently. ;)
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
EDIT: Oops, pasted wrong thing.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
EDIT: Oops, pasted wrong thing.

Aww, you got my hopes up ;)
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I got your hopes up about what?

Well, if you want to know what happened, I thought I copied BlackNMild2k1's post to quote, and when I went to paste it I had pasted what was already on the clipboard. But I didn't notice it was something different until after I posted.

However, you already pretty much answered his question so there was no need to bother editing it into my answer.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
You mean you were going to jokingly state that GP's goal is to scare half of the men off the boards?

Actually, I thought you were posting the numbers for N64 Oracina gold carts that were made.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
You mean you were going to jokingly state that GP's goal is to scare half of the men off the boards?
He asked what I did to change the ratio and you pretty much answered that question when you said "Mop it up changing from unknown to known really made a difference!"

I'm kind of daunted by the task of looking through those old Nintendo Power magazines for the Zelda articles. First I'd have to rummage through the storage bin which contains about 200 issues and locate the ones from 1998, then I'd have to find all of the ones which mention Zelda and then I'd have to read through them all to see if they mention it.

The Internet has made me lazy...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I'm sure someone posted the information on the internet somewhere. It is the internet, afterall.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I'd have thought so too but I can't find it anywhere! If the number had been mentioned in Nintendo Power then I'd think it would be on the Wikipedia page for the game. But since the number isn't mentioned anywhere then that really makes me think I was wrong about it being in Nintendo Power.

Sadly there's only one way to know for sure... but I don't want to do it!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Going thought old NP issues can be hilarious. I did that before I threw them all out a few years back. Some of the letters and responses were ridiculous.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Going thought old NP issues can be hilarious. I did that before I threw them all out a few years back.
I. Can't. Believe. You. Did. That.

You just plain through them away? Why would you DO that? These things are a piece of history here! You can't just trash them! At least sell them on eBay or something; I don't care if you wouldn't get much money, at least you're giving them to somebody who'd appreciate them!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Hey, I was in a minimalistic mindset and was getting ready to go off to college. I also was on a decline with videogames in general. I very nearly gave up on games in general. I threw out my old game boxes as well. I regret doing that. A pity and a shame.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Stop it, I can't take much more of this blasphemy!
I can understand wanting to lighten your load, but sell that stuff! Even if you wouldn't have gotten much, it is still better than nothing. Plus, you can't just trash pieces of history, those mean something to certain people and those are the ones you should find to sell the stuff to.
Do people put baseball cards in the shredder? Do people mail collectible stamps? Do people put rare coins in vending machines?
No. NO.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Stop it, I can't take much more of this blasphemy!
I can understand wanting to lighten your load, but sell that stuff! Even if you wouldn't have gotten much, it is still better than nothing. Plus, you can't just trash pieces of history, those mean something to certain people and those are the ones you should find to sell the stuff to.
Do people put baseball cards in the shredder? Do people mail collectible stamps? Do people put rare coins in vending machines?
No. NO.

I told you I regret doing it. I was under pressure from my parents.

Though my Dad did have a jar of really rare coins when he was young. His Mom used them to pay the paperboy until my Dad and Grandpa noticed the jar was getting low. But the paperboy wouldn't give them back. My Grandma also sold his rare baseball cards at a garage sale for dirt cheap when he went off to college.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 05:32:24 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
70% of people do something stupid each day.
I hope you don't become a part of that statistic I just made up.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Well you don't need to grill me for things I did years ago. I feel bad enough on my own for doing it.
My Game Collection

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
I think you two should date
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
My Game Collection

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Well, Stratos, you've got a choice here.  Two roads, diverging into two separate woods.  One thinks she's a Borg from Star Trek, the other would rather be a "he" that spits eggs out of his mouth.  What'll it be?