Author Topic: EA Reveals Need for Speed ProStreet Soundtrack  (Read 2438 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
EA Reveals Need for Speed ProStreet Soundtrack
« on: September 26, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »
EA gives you musical racing fuel.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=14478

EA Goes Full-Throttle with Need for Speed ProStreet Soundtrack    

New Installment of Top-Selling Race Game Fueled by Explosive International Styles Plus Original Score by Junkie XL

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today the complete soundtrack for Need for Speedâ„¢ ProStreet, which is set for North American release November 14, 2007 on the Xbox 360â„¢ video game and entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wiiâ„¢ as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo DSâ„¢, PC and mobile. The soundtrack features over 35 songs from artists representing a volatile range of styles, along with an original score by internationally renowned DJ/Producer/Musician Junkie XL that captures the skill, risk and velocity of pro street racing culture.    

“The Need for Speed franchise has set the worldwide standard for not only racing games, but their soundtracks as well," said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Music Marketing at EA. “Now for the first time, Need for Speed ProStreet takes street racing from the underground to pro level with a music mix to match. We've brought together an unprecedented collection of artists that represents an international convergence of emerging Rock, aggressive Electro, UK Grime and much more, including a truly dangerous original score by our Artwerk artist Junkie XL. In a still-outlaw culture that demands complete authenticity, we have blended the ultimate audio racing fuel."    

In addition to the explosive lead track “More" from Junkie XL, the Need for Speed ProStreet soundtrack also features premiere songs from Artwerk artists Datarock and Airbourne. Additional highlights include tracks from the most recent albums by Avenged Sevenfold, the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs, TV on the Radio, and UNKLE, featuring Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age. The new rave scene is represented by Mercury Prize winners Klaxons, electronica by Peaches and MSTRKRFT, dance punk by Bloc Party, and dubstep by UK sensations Wiley.    

The complete soundtrack includes the songs listed below. To hear samplings of each song please visit www.ea.com/eatrax.    

ARTIST -- SONG
 Airbourne -- Blackjack
 Avenged Sevenfold -- Almost Easy
 Bloc Party -- Prayer (Does It Offend You, Yeah? Remix)
 Chromeo -- Fancy Footwork (Guns ‘N Bombs Remix)
 Clutch -- Power Player
 CSS -- Odio Odio Odio Sorry C
 Datarock -- I Used To Dance With My Daddy (Karma Harvest Mix)
 Digitalism -- Pogo
 Dude 'N Nem -- Watch My Feet
 DÚNÉ -- A Blast Beat
 Foreign Islands -- We Know You Know It
 Junkie XL feat. Lauren Rocket -- More (Junk O Flamenco Remix)
 Junkie XL feat. Lauren Rocket -- More (Junk O Rock Remix)
 Junkie XL feat. Lauren Rocket -- More (Junk O Punk Remix)
 Junkie XL feat. Lauren Rocket -- More
 Klaxons -- Atlantis To Interzone
 MSTRKRFT -- Neon Knights
 Neon Plastix -- On Fire
 Peaches -- Boys Wanna Be Her (Tommie Sunshine’s Brooklyn Fire Retouch)
 Plan B -- More Is Enough feat. Epic Man
 Plan B -- No Good (Chase & Status and Benni G Remix)
 Smallwhitelight -- Spite
 The Faint -- Dropkick The Punks
 The Horrors -- Draw Japan
 The Rapture -- The Sound
 The Toxic Avenger -- Escape (Bloody Beetroots Remix)
 TV On The Radio -- Wolf Like Me
 UNKLE -- Restless feat. Josh Homme
 We Are Wolves -- Fight And Kiss
 Wiley -- Bow E3
 Yeah Yeah Yeahs -- Kiss Kiss
 Year Long Disaster -- Leda Atomica
 Yelle -- A Cause Des Garcons (Riot In Belgium Remix)    

The soundtrack completes a racing experience like no other. In Need for Speed ProStreet, gamers can design and build a car to compete in iconic locations from around the globe and battle in four distinct racing styles -- grip, drag, drift and the all-new speed challenge. The atmosphere is electric -- complete with energetic crowds, photo-realistic vehicles and billowing smoke -- all designed to embody the pressure and intensity of the gladiatorial challenge known as Show Down.    

Need for Speed ProStreet also continues the tradition of featuring the most desirable street racing cars. This November, Need for Speed ProStreet is the first full packaged videogame where gamers can test drive the Nissan GTR before its launch in Spring of 2008.    

Need for Speed ProStreet is scheduled to ship in Europe on November 16 for the Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION®3 and Wii™ as well as the PlayStation®2, Nintendo DS™, PC and mobile.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: EA Reveals Need for Speed ProStreet Soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 11:33:21 AM »
seems ok, nothing to go crazy over.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 11:41:17 AM »
BLAH
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 11:44:21 AM »
Who are those bands? I recognize, like TWO on the list and that's it. It's time for me to pack up my bags.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 02:43:50 PM »
Dammit now i have to go hunt down the Bloc Party and Chromeo remixes
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:EA Reveals Need for Speed ProStreet Soundtrack
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 02:58:34 PM »
What the hell are Airborne doing there?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 09:40:31 PM »
Ah. I guess Andy Hunter is saved for Burnout and SSX

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 07:00:07 AM »
Yeah Yeah Yeahs -- Kiss Kiss

Only good song on there (that I know).  Anyone pick up the Is Is EP?  It's great.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!