Author Topic: 5th Cell unveils Scribblenauts  (Read 29316 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: 5th Cell unveils Scribblenauts
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2009, 01:12:40 PM »
I think this is the answer Bnm. The dino that jumps out first isn't from the egg.  I think it is one of those dino's that hide in the nest with the eggs.  I think you still have to get the egg.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't actually help me solve the puzzle. So I will quote myself again in hopes that someone will tell me HOW to solve it.
I got a level I just can't figure out. I think I've done what they want, but nothing happens.

The level is 6-2 and the logic puzzle is "Hatch it before mommy returns".
There is a dinosaur egg and a T-Rex. I have no idea what to do.

I've gotten the dino out of the egg after separating it from the T-Rex and then nothing happens. I've killed the baby dino and nothing happens. I've broken the egg afterwards  and nothing happens. If the T-Rex dies, "try again", destroy the egg "try again". WTF do I do?

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »
Yup, if I had to say, it feels like the game didn't go through testing.  Am I the only one who finds it really didn't seem finished?
I kinda agree. The controls for manipulating objects feel loose and clunky. Getting Max to do the right things or even move accurately is a nightmare.

Offline Tanatoes

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2009, 09:47:57 PM »
Dinosaur omelet hint:

Look up!  There's more than one dino in the level!

in other words:

The omelet comes from breaking the teradactyl egg.  Just go up and kill the teradactyl and break its egg.  Made me kick myself when I finally figured that out.[\spoiler]
-------
Why can't Wii be friends?  0639 9148 4145 6376

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2009, 10:14:33 PM »
Has no one solved logic puzzle 6-2 yet?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2009, 08:45:16 PM »
Since no one has solved the 6-2 puzzle yet, I will just let you know that the "HINT" that is given has nothing to do with how to solve the puzzle.

A whole lot of frustration over nothing.

Offline Tanatoes

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2009, 10:59:28 PM »
I thought I left a hint on 6-2 here?  Maybe it was on another forum. 

Think incubation.
-------

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2009, 04:20:38 PM »
Since no one has solved the 6-2 puzzle yet, I will just let you know that the "HINT" that is given has nothing to do with how to solve the puzzle.

A whole lot of frustration over nothing.

Actually the hint is spot on, it never game me a problem. I tried to help you without giving away the answer.  When you empty the egg you get a nest dino but when you hatch it with heat or fire you get the real deal  HATCH the egg.
my solution I used heater.  It has waves of heat that melt ice and hatch eggs.
I"ve beaten every puzzle except 8-11, the Back to the Future one.

The very last action level makes me want to murder the makers of this game.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 02:02:15 AM by SixthAngel »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2009, 04:26:46 PM »
You guys actually had trouble with 6-2? I solved it on my second try and that was only because I messed up. I knew the solution instantly.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2009, 05:05:28 PM »
Now you say so. I asked about 6-2 days ago.
It said hatch. I ended up cooking the egg with fire so I don't see how that hatches it.

I didn't think to incubate with some way to keep the egg warm like a blanket. ..... what did you use to incubate by the way.

Right now I'm working my way through 7 (logic) & 3 (action) but the controls can be so unpredictable that it gets frustrating at times. I hope this gets a sequel and they fix all the oversights.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2009, 02:20:29 AM »
This will make levels with switches much easier.   Electricity will flip a switch.  I figured it out when I dumped a microwave in the water and a door opened up.  Electrocuting the water will flip the switch so I tried a lightning cloud and it will flip switches on dry land.  It makes some of the levels a lot easier.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2009, 05:27:43 AM »
I thought up a word that gave me a grey 3 headed dragon. Now I wanted to use it again, but can't remember what it was called.

Can all of you help me out?
Give me words that might lead to what I'm looking for.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2009, 12:27:56 PM »
I thought up a word that gave me a grey 3 headed dragon. Now I wanted to use it again, but can't remember what it was called.

Can all of you help me out?
Give me words that might lead to what I'm looking for.

I thought it was really neat when I summoned a giant squid to attack an enemy sub.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2009, 12:46:25 PM »
Trigon or Hydra, perhaps?

HYDRA!!! thanks, I was trying to remember what it was that I typed all day yesterday. It was driving me crazy.

p.s. Trigon doesn't work.

GP you should try Giant Enemy Crab or Massive Damage

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2009, 01:05:55 PM »
Trigon or Hydra, perhaps?

HYDRA!!! thanks, I was trying to remember what it was that I typed all day yesterday. It was driving me crazy.

p.s. Trigon doesn't work.

GP you should try Giant Enemy Crab or Massive Damage

This game is full of memes.  Think of one and type it in and its probably there.  There is a ceiling cat level and a GEC level.  Others I put in was keyboard cat and philosoraptor.  I put in Orly and it gave me an owl too.

The last puzzle level is really cool and the last action level is infuriating.  It is something like a par 24.  After you finish it please tell me what you did and how long it took you, all in spoilers of course.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2009, 01:13:09 PM »
It will be a while before I get to level 10.
Level 7-10 was frustrating enough that I had to put the game down.
I knew exactly how to beat it, just like everything in level 7 (all gold stars 1st time through except 7-10), but so many things kept making people die for no reason like Maxwell flinging the sub out of the water and up against the cave ceiling, or one of the soldiers I rescued getting up on the aircraft carrier which then popped out of the water and bashed him on the head repeatedly until he died..... 2 seconds before I could grab the starite.

So many things kept making what I thought would've been simple (if they game just did what I wanted it to do) became so difficult for such stupid reasons. Took me like 20 tries because of all these random deaths from random occurrences.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2009, 01:32:08 PM »
It will be a while before I get to level 10.
Level 7-10 was frustrating enough that I had to put the game down.
I knew exactly how to beat it, just like everything in level 7 (all gold stars 1st time through except 7-10), but so many things kept making people die for no reason like Maxwell flinging the sub out of the water and up against the cave ceiling, or one of the soldiers I rescued getting up on the aircraft carrier which then popped out of the water and bashed him on the head repeatedly until he died..... 2 seconds before I could grab the starite.

So many things kept making what I thought would've been simple (if they game just did what I wanted it to do) became so difficult for such stupid reasons. Took me like 20 tries because of all these random deaths from random occurrences.

I died a few times but I never got frustrated with that one. It iwasn't that hard if it is the one I'm thinking of (it is the one with the two navy guys hanging by a rope right?).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2009, 01:44:44 PM »
Yeahb thats the one. It wasn't hard, I knew exactly what to do as soon as I started the level.
Stupid game mechanics kept getting in the way and making people die for reasons that had nothing to do with what I did. Like when the navy guy drowned all on his own or when my rowboat jumped out of the water(because the navy guy jumped on it) and flew into the dividing wall then turned red (with an X). Stupid things kept happening that would interfere with me have a perfect run through level 7.

I haven't cussed at a game this much in a long long time.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2009, 01:45:48 PM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2009, 01:33:26 PM »
I just found out that the Hydra also goes by the name Charybdis

Offline Tanatoes

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2009, 10:41:41 PM »
My favorite discoveries so far:

Shoggoth, Kraken, Longcat
-------

Offline Tanatoes

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2009, 10:43:02 PM »
Oh, and re: switches

electricians, mechanics, engineers and machinists will all flip switches for you if you put them near one.
-------

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2009, 03:49:33 AM »
I bought it despite all the complaints and the German dictionary is fail, I've hit several common terms it didn't recognize, most importantly laser. I tried Flügel (grand piano) but only got the option of wings and something else, inputted Klavier (piano) and got a grand piano...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2009, 06:11:21 PM »
I bought it despite all the complaints and the German dictionary is fail, I've hit several common terms it didn't recognize, most importantly laser. I tried Flügel (grand piano) but only got the option of wings and something else, inputted Klavier (piano) and got a grand piano...

Really? I could have swore laser worked, it gives you a laser gun

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2009, 02:20:20 AM »
Yes, in the English version.