Author Topic: Rock Band 2?  (Read 89739 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Band 2?
« Reply #275 on: February 05, 2009, 06:29:08 PM »
I haven't tried in RB2, but in RB1 (360), you can go back and change any aspect of your character after it's already been created.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 06, 2009, 10:00:12 AM »
I don't think you can edit a character after he's created, EC. You can change facial hair or hair style, add tattoos, or whatever. But they don't have a "Plastic Surgeon" option in the character customization screen...

yet...

;)

Well the hair was my main concern. I went into one menu that gave me options to buy clothes and instruments, tattoos etc... but when i got to the hair options, it only let me pick from three styles; one bald, the one i currently had, and some hideous style.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 10, 2009, 09:45:38 PM »
I don't think you can edit a character after he's created, EC. You can change facial hair or hair style, add tattoos, or whatever. But they don't have a "Plastic Surgeon" option in the character customization screen...

yet...

;)

Well the hair was my main concern. I went into one menu that gave me options to buy clothes and instruments, tattoos etc... but when i got to the hair options, it only let me pick from three styles; one bald, the one i currently had, and some hideous style.

Well, you could always create a new character, add him to your band and then remove the old one. It doesn't take long to earn enough money to buy the stuff you want. Especially when you are alreay pretty far in the World Tour.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 11, 2009, 09:24:02 AM »

yet...

;)

Well, you could always create a new character, add him to your band and then remove the old one. It doesn't take long to earn enough money to buy the stuff you want. Especially when you are alreay pretty far in the World Tour.

I haven't earned label attention yet because I don't have enough stars in Boston. Why? Because i hate that on top of 2 or 3 songs to choos from (that mainly kinda suck), i have to do those mystery playlist in order to get stars/fans/etc and it gets annoying.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 11, 2009, 09:58:02 AM »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 11, 2009, 10:33:38 AM »
Depending on the songs, that could actually be pretty awesome, if true...it could also be terrible...you could also just not worry about it ever, since it's DLC.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 12, 2009, 01:12:10 AM »
Just thought I'd share with you a neat trick I used to get a 4gb SD card to work with my Wii w/o modding or hacking. I now have plenty of room for RB and GH DLC among other Wii stuff.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199730
My Game Collection

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 12, 2009, 08:26:03 AM »
Thanks for sharing, Stratos... I saw that on the RB forums, but haven't tried it. I really just want to see what Ninty's storage solution thing is going to be before I drop $$$ on a new SD card.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2009, 12:01:17 AM »
Nintendo's 'solution' is going to include SD cards in some fashion as I understand it.
Newegg.com sells it for pretty cheap (and free shipping at the moment) and I got a discount bundle on the site that included a nice SD to USB hookup for my computer since I didn't have one already.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2009, 03:38:03 AM »
Anyone checked out much of the new DLC?
Other than the 20 freebies I got Crush Crush Crush though I may get Hit Me With Your Best Shot because I liked that on GH3.

And this month is supposed to be when we start getting the normal new DLC like the other systems (just in time to get the 'Ten' album which is coming soon I hope)

On the downloadable content, I haven't bothered with any of the free songs sonce I've never heard of any of them before. I may preview them to see if they're worth a spin but I have to be careful of the memory I use up.

On the actual buying side, I've got Wonderwall by Oasis, love that song and I think it gives a good challenge for guitar, Call Me by Blondie, Message in a Bottle by The Police and a couple Boston songs. I feel the DC content is better than GH's so that's why I went with RB2.

I'd love to see Don't Stand So Close to Me by The Police as dowloadable content. I'd also like to see some Guns & Roses. They put in Shackler's Revenge for RB2 but that's not an actual G&R song, it's an Axel Rose project.

Frankly, I love the 80's and would love to see more of that music in the game. Quiet Riot "Cum On Feel the Noize" would be hilarious. And with all the Beastie Boy songs I've seen why hasn't "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)" been included in something yet. I'd take some pop hits as well. It's so great to have some Billy Idol stuff now.

But most of all, I'd love to see some Pink Floyd included.

Also, RB's website mentioned that you could take songs from the original RB and transfer to the sequel. Is that possible with Wii? Because if so, that would be great and I wouldn't have to switch discs.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 13, 2009, 05:49:41 AM »
Anyone checked out much of the new DLC?
Other than the 20 freebies I got Crush Crush Crush though I may get Hit Me With Your Best Shot because I liked that on GH3.

And this month is supposed to be when we start getting the normal new DLC like the other systems (just in time to get the 'Ten' album which is coming soon I hope)

On the downloadable content, I haven't bothered with any of the free songs sonce I've never heard of any of them before. I may preview them to see if they're worth a spin but I have to be careful of the memory I use up.

On the actual buying side, I've got Wonderwall by Oasis, love that song and I think it gives a good challenge for guitar, Call Me by Blondie, Message in a Bottle by The Police and a couple Boston songs. I feel the DC content is better than GH's so that's why I went with RB2.

I'd love to see Don't Stand So Close to Me by The Police as dowloadable content. I'd also like to see some Guns & Roses. They put in Shackler's Revenge for RB2 but that's not an actual G&R song, it's an Axel Rose project.

Frankly, I love the 80's and would love to see more of that music in the game. Quiet Riot "Cum On Feel the Noize" would be hilarious. And with all the Beastie Boy songs I've seen why hasn't "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)" been included in something yet. I'd take some pop hits as well. It's so great to have some Billy Idol stuff now.

But most of all, I'd love to see some Pink Floyd included.

Also, RB's website mentioned that you could take songs from the original RB and transfer to the sequel. Is that possible with Wii? Because if so, that would be great and I wouldn't have to switch discs.

Sadly no. That was achieved by patching the older game and Wii cant really do patches. Plus where would you store it all? I'm just holding out hope for the RB 1 stuff to be offered as DLC for the Wii store.

Yes, Pink Floyd would be amazing. I want Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. If I got DSotM I would set up to play it all as a setlist and then get a second TV to play Wizard of Oz. That would be sweet.
My Game Collection

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 13, 2009, 08:33:26 AM »
Wait, Khush, you mean to say...

you play video games???

let's swap friend codes! :D
Twitter

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 13, 2009, 09:43:20 AM »

[/QOTE]

Responding do the bolded parts in order they appeared:

I can picture how Message In A Bottle would play, but how does Call Me play, is it fun? I was on the fence about buying any DLC for RB cuz so far i find it too damn easy and i'm dragging my feet trying to unlock more songs, but i'd love to play Call Me and Hanging on the Telephone by Blondie..

Which version of Don't Stand So Close To Me? I'm hoping you mean the original...

80s = WIN

Beastie Boys = Fail. I love them, but they're songs are just no fun to play and its getting annoying having them in these games.

Rebel Yell > White Wedding.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 13, 2009, 10:18:30 AM »
Beastie Boys songs get better when it's your mom singing them. Too funny :D

GHWT has one serious step up on RB right now (even though overall I prefer RB's DLC)... THE RACONTEURS.

I'd really love to have some Supergrass (anything off their latest album, Diamond Hoo Ha, would be complete W!N), Cake ("The Distance" please?), Counting Crows (like, anything up-beat of theirs)... 

Edit: Easycure just made me remember one of my others on my wishlist: Rilo Kiley! Not all of their songs would be great, and the words on a lot of them probably aren't appropriate for RB, but there are definitely a few songs that would work: Love and War (11/11/46), Portions for Foxes (great song, don't know if it could happen), A Man/Me/Then Jim (not an all-out rocking song, but great nonetheless).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:24:15 AM by decoyman »
Twitter

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 13, 2009, 12:07:24 PM »
DLC wishlist for me includes:

The Shins
The Decemberists
Bishop Allen

All of which would sell about 10% of what something like Weezer would.  Combined.

So I'm not holding my breath.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 13, 2009, 02:13:51 PM »

You know you can delete songs you don't like, right?  Just download them, play them once or twice and (if you don't like them) delete them.  Not that big of a deal.

you play video games???

This.  I think this is the first time I've ever seen Khush reference playing a video game on this site.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 13, 2009, 02:30:08 PM »
DLC wishlist for me includes:

The Shins
The Decemberists
Bishop Allen

Apparently GHWT just got one more step up on RB. "New Slang" by the Shins is releasing either this week or next.
Twitter

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 13, 2009, 03:16:08 PM »
Man.  That is too awesome for GH.  Bring that to RB pronto.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 13, 2009, 03:38:15 PM »
I n33ds muh Cure fix in teh music gamez n0w

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 14, 2009, 03:40:40 AM »

You know you can delete songs you don't like, right?  Just download them, play them once or twice and (if you don't like them) delete them.  Not that big of a deal.

you play video games???

This.  I think this is the first time I've ever seen Khush reference playing a video game on this site.

Dang it. I gave away my secret. I actually do play video games. I don't know why everyone is so shocked that. I express my love for F-Zero GX all the time. And I've mentioned things here and there but you probably don't remember.

Actually, the difference is for once I bought a game while it was still relatively brand new and people are still talking about it. Usually I buy a lot of games that time has passed on since they are cheaper. For instance, Chibi Robo DS is $5.00 at EBGames. And that's Canadian money and our dollar sucks again. That's awesome. But how many people are talking about Chibi Robo DS. That's why I'm usually more silent on games. I also bought Metroid Prime 3: Corruption a week ago and want to get started on that.

As for downloading and deleting, I guess it's a possibility but I hate waiting for the song to download. Downloads take at least 10 minutes and if I'm going to wait that long, I want it to be for something I'll enjoy and keep playing for awhile.

Onwards to Easycure:

Yes, of course, I mean the original Don't Stand So Close to Me by The Police. I didn't know there was another version. Another 80's fan. Awesome. Finally, I'm also tired of Beastie Boys. I was just commenting on the fact that the only song I really like of theirs was fight for your right to party. Although, Decoyman is right about the songs being fun to sing. I like to sing Sabotage in a William Shatner vibe and alternate between high and low pitches or soft talking and loud screaming. Since there is no pitch to worry about, you have a lot of freedom in how to sound.

I'll get back to you on Call Me since I've only sung it at the moment. >.> But I'm also going to get Hanging by the Telephone so I'll try 'em both out. As for Rebel Yell and White Wedding, it all depends how I feel that day. Sometimes I like over the other. White Wedding can be more subdued whereas Rebel Yell tears it up. But Rebel Yell did give me serious thought over which Rock game to buy. GH:WT's best assets are Rebel Yell, Hot For Teacher, and Beat It.

Finally, Decoyman:

Yeah sure. I guess I should share Friend Codes more often. So, how's this going to go down?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 14, 2009, 03:48:39 AM »
Also, getting back to Pink Floyd, besides the things Stratos mentioned, I can't believe "Wish You Were Here" hasn't been done yet either. Especially by Guitar Hero. I'd also recommend some songs from "The Division Bell." I find myself turning to that album more and more for Pink Floyd music. Musically, I think that might be their best effort.

And actually, let's add some Supertramp to the wishlist as well. Can't say I recognize anyone from Decoyman's wishlist. (Ok Counting Crows but that's all.) I'd like to see more Coldplay also. That's another GH has at the moment. Besides Shiver, they also released 3 downloadable songs on of the GH versions awhile back.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 14, 2009, 10:11:19 AM »
Pink Floyd are just like Led Zeppelin with their tracks; overly protective.
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 14, 2009, 03:42:36 PM »
That's what I figured, which is a shame.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 14, 2009, 10:45:32 PM »
I just played 'My Hero" and "This is a Call" (Foo Fighters) for the first time on RB2 today, which apparently I've had purchased for quite some time. I wish "I'll Stick Around" was on there too, even if it was just so I could play the drum intro over and over. Also, I hate to say it, but the Offspring's "Gone Away" would be a great addition.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 15, 2009, 01:40:01 AM »
Khush there was a second version of Don't Stand So Close to me released on one of their greatest hits compilations. They actually planned on re-recording their best hits and remixing them but it never happened as the band was getting sour. The Don't Stand So Close to me remix is the only one that got done, and although it was the first version i heard of the song, the original grew on me more because of the awesome guitar work. I think the remix has better vocals though, but thats just me.

give it a listen Here. Its a more mellow version.