Author Topic: Importing Worries  (Read 1924 times)

Offline matx88

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Importing Worries
« on: January 29, 2015, 09:53:56 AM »
I just recently imported a new 3ds and preordered a copy of majora's mask 3d. While I'm very excited to finally own a current japanese system and just overall stoked to have the white new 3ds, I can't help but worry about trying to get the same enjoyment out of the import of majora's mask. I have played the game serveral times over the years across its different versions but obviously in English. Like many of us here I'm a huge Zelda fan and have been my whole gaming career. I've played/beaten nearly every entry up to this point, but after all my years of fandom I have never attempted to play a Zelda game in japanese. I worry because I really don't know much japanese and I know with majoras mask especially being very side quest heavy I worry that I might not be able to either finish the game or enjoy it in nearly the same way I did in the western release. I am excited to own and play a zelda game in its native language so I have that going for me. But to you I ask: Can I beat this game in japanese?! Can I complete this game 100% in a foreign tongue?! To anybody who has any insight on this; whats the best way for me to approach this? Are they're FAQ's for the japanese release out there? Because I know I can kiss the hopes of the japanese version having the English localization as a language setting/option goodbye...
***Sir Miguel II***

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Importing Worries
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 06:47:18 PM »
I don't know of any Japanese FAQs, since I imagine a lot of changes will be made to the 3DS version compared to the N64 original. This means new dialogue for certain sections and explanations within the game. I think it will be difficult to play it without knowing much Japanese.  :confused;
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)