Author Topic: Game Boy Micro  (Read 28086 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Game Boy Micro
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2005, 12:04:36 PM »
What's the significance of the quarter?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline InfinitysEnd

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Game Boy Micro
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2005, 12:52:49 PM »
It's to show that I'm .35 richer than you.  The dime isn't shown.

Offline Blackknight131

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2005, 03:44:22 PM »
Fantastic.

That had me rollin', Infinity.

Anyways, insightful comment on the resolution...I had not thought about that fact. The screen is smaller, yet everything is sharper AND brighter. I have an SP and love my DS, but I won't knock this unit till I've read more conclusive impressions. Craig from IGN did note that he was sold after a few minutes with it, AND found the Micro comfortable to use (its wider than an SP) with cushier buttons.

Me, I was charmed when an interviewer asked the Zelda director, Aonuma-san, if they could check out the one he was wearing around his neck. He had Minish Cap in there, which they promptly turned on...it looked very cool.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2005, 04:15:21 PM »
Meh...I want one... ;_;

(WITH A ZELDA FACEPLATE!)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2005, 06:40:33 PM »
Reggie faceplates? HELLO!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2005, 07:25:48 PM »
I still think its weird that no one has asked about built in wireless/play yan or gamecube compatibility.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2005, 07:56:51 PM »
I think it might be too small to have Play Yan built in

but it would be sooo wise if Nintendo bundled it with the Play Yan Cartridge...  if they did i might buy one and i have two GBA sps and 1 GBA
The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline ABlueflameA

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2005, 10:59:22 PM »
Saw it, its tiny.  My hands are not.  I have a DS.  I dont see any reason why Nintendo needed to release a gameboy micro.  Thats money that could have gone towards a revolution game, or better hardware design or something.

-Blueflame
Yea! Ramen!

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2005, 01:21:36 AM »
I can see why hardcore Nintendo fans aren't interested but casual gamers will LOVE this thing just like they did the SP. They're suckers for each smaller, sleeker, hipper new redesign of the Gameboy.
If Nintendo manufactures enough of them, it could even beat the XBox 360 in sales this holiday season.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2005, 06:43:53 AM »
I'm a little scared by the fact that Nintendo is touting this as "more expensive to manufacture" than the SP. I hope if they have to price this higher they at least use it as an excuse to drop the SP in price.

All I know is, they better not try to market the Micro at the same price as a DS.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2005, 09:55:19 AM »
The SP price will go down, mark my words, if for no other reason than the fact it's screen is inferior and you can't change the skin on it.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2005, 09:10:16 AM »

Originally posted by: darknight06
The SP price will go down, mark my words, if for no other reason than the fact it's screen is inferior and you can't change the skin on it.
Keep in mind that the GBA Micro isn't backwards compatable with GB and GBC games.  Plus it has a smaller screen, which is also seen as inferior in the eyes of Johnny America.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2005, 09:32:34 AM »

Originally posted by: kingvudu

Originally posted by: darknight06
Keep in mind that the GBA Micro isn't backwards compatable with GB and GBC games.  Plus it has a smaller screen, which is also seen as inferior in the eyes of Johnny America.

I did not hear this... are you sure?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2005, 09:44:52 AM »
If that's true then I'm not even considering buying it. I'll just live with playing my GBC games on my Cube until I can get my hands on a cheap,` used SP.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2005, 09:49:05 AM »
Well I mailbagged PGC on this topic.  Hopefully we'll get an E3 mailbag fairly soon...  You should all send in your questions too so they will be more likely to make one!
---------------------

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2005, 12:25:23 PM »

I did not hear this... are you sure?
Linky.

The games themselves plug into the bottom of the unit, and given the system's size, it's quite odd seeing the device with no cartridge plugged into it -- it's like holding a plastic shell. Unfortunately, the GBM is only compatible with GBA games, so if you're hoping to play your old copy of Oracle of Seasons or Revenge of the Gator, you're outta luck.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2005, 12:47:42 PM »
Well i'm gonna continue hoping thats wrong....  cause if its correct, I won't be getting one as I would want it to replace my SP.
---------------------

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2005, 05:19:28 PM »
I am a consumer whore and I will buy this.  

In fact, I want 49 of them.  I'm going to put them into a bowl and eat them for breakfast.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2005, 08:07:22 PM »
With or without milk?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2005, 09:24:43 PM »
With orange juice. Milk... sheesh, you're a barbarian!

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2005, 01:34:07 PM »
Wt....MEN eat them without any additional liquid additions!  Huzzah!

THE FACEPLATES GIVE ME EXTRA RIBOFLAVIN!
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2005, 06:15:36 PM »
Not compatible with GB or GBC games? Well, I was interested until I heard that.

I'll just put the money I was going to use on this towards a GBPlayer.  And a copy of Links Awakening.  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline Gremio

• Pikmin Spores of Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2005, 10:07:55 PM »
I'm really looking forward to the Gameboy Micro. It's very portable. I already have a GBA SP but I do take it with me on the go quite often and it does feel a bit on the bulky side sometimes. Plus, the GBMicro might look more like a cell phone to a non-gamer due to its size. That would be a definite plus as it would save me much unneeded bother.

I also love the faceplates thing. I want one with Pikmin... or with Link & Zelda on it!  

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2005, 06:34:28 AM »
I want once just because I want one.  Do I really need anything else to justify why?  I don't think so.  I have a GBA, GBA SP, and soon a GBM

Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2005, 07:34:49 AM »
If the price is right I am interested.

If Nintendo tries to sell this for more than $50.00 I don't want it.  However, $50.00 dollars is a good deal to have something much more portable to throw in your pocket.  There are tons of GBA games out that are worth buying, and I haven't even started collecting them.  Luckly used games stores you can get some games for $15.00.