Author Topic: Silicon Knights and Nintendo break up  (Read 63371 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
RE:Silicon Knights and Nintendo break up
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2004, 06:15:40 PM »
silicon knights will not be releasing any ngc games immediately...ed2 aint comign out tommorow.  
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2004, 06:16:19 PM »
Fanbase, eh? How big is Silicon Knights' fanbase? Keep in mind this is the message board of an internet fansite- that's like going to a gun convention and being amazed that everyone likes hunting. Seriously, how many people do you think actually know who Silicon Knights is, much less care who does or doesn't own them?  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2004, 06:16:31 PM »
yah, all 200 of us in here.  the majority of nintendo's fan base probably have no idea who SK is and only care when their parents will buy the next mario party and if they can play past bed-time.
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
RE: Silicon Knights and Nintendo break up
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2004, 06:16:32 PM »
The only thing that will calm me down is if this turns out to be a big, fat, honkin' joke.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline gwgtrunks

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2004, 06:17:09 PM »
lol, good point.

but when there's a lot of comotion on the 'net about stuff, it spreads fast.

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2004, 06:20:04 PM »
Right, let me get this straight. We get word that SK's exclusivity is over, hear good words on SKs and Nintendo's part over it, and no absolutely nothing else about it...and Nintendo is now Satan, N5 will suck beyond reason, X-Box suddenly became the best system to own, Bill Gates is all our daddies and the world as we know it is about to come to a screeching halt? I have all this right right? If not I must be mistaken because that's how half of you are reacting.

Let's look for a second where it says SK will not be making anymore games for Nintendo consoles. *cough* Yeah I don't see it either but for everyone who apparently does see this? Read it again please. Still see it? Invest some cash in some glasses instead of your next game.

Half of you are completely overreacting without knowing anything about this. When I first ran across this thread I could've sworn canuck had hacked everyone's accounts because it's stuff I'd expect him to say.

As for all this doom and gloom about Nintendo? I've said it once and I will say it again "I was talking about this [Nintendo doom and gloom] with a former PGC goer. And I came to a conclusion, at first as a joke, but after a while considering how some of the fans and the industry are reacting? If making money and being 2nd worldwide is bringing Nintendo all this grief? Then Microsoft? By all means start making money on X-Box! Please! Get in 2nd Place! Nintendo slide into 3rd purposely and let's see how Microsoft likes it =/ I mean no one bugs Microsoft as they're bleeding money and are in 3rd. So pleease give them 2nd and help them make money with X-Box and let's see some X-Box doom and gloom talk among its fans and with writers"
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2004, 06:21:44 PM »
That IGN mailbag is the most depressing thing I've read in a while.  Aside from the SK issue it also talks about how Burnout 3 is for sure NOT coming to the Cube and how ToS is being ported.  Is April screw-over-Cube-owners month or something?

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2004, 06:22:01 PM »
This was in another of IGN's articles.

Iwata said that Nintendo would continue to try and draw more adult players

Doesn't that come into direct contradiction of what is allegedly happening right now? WHY would they drop the one developer that seems to only produce mature games? This is messed up. Now I'm thinking this is to hype somthing at E3.  

Offline DrkStarTTD

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2004, 06:25:29 PM »
I have had a long day and i come home to this SH!+....... Hell no........ kinda feel the same way when rare left. why did i get gamecube I knew i made a mistake getting n64. im not making the same mistake again im getting ps3. All nintendo has for it is gba and we all know that will not stand up to the psp the brand name of ps will kill the gba. Gba will become a kiddie system in the eyes of the public. damn it nintendo change your name and start over.

Im very angry right now and dont know what im saying talk to me later.  

Offline Chongman

• LOL Breaking Tables is Cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2004, 06:26:16 PM »

DENNIS!!! GET IN HERE AND SAY SOMETHING!! for the love of all that is holy....

*spasms*

either this year's E3 will be downright breathtakingly awesome for Nintendo...or just...blah
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
ooberage
------------
in the days of yesteryear I'm still playing SMB3, chrono trigger, and
reading calvin and hobbes

~*~*~*~
PSP vs NDS....c'mon...really...who in their right gaming mind will buy the PSP?

Believe...Nintendo
Stop....whining

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2004, 06:29:29 PM »

Let's look for a second where it says SK will not be making anymore games for Nintendo consoles. *cough* Yeah I don't see it either but for everyone who apparently does see this? Read it again please. Still see it? Invest some cash in some glasses instead of your next game.

Denis says they 'may' continue to make games for Nintendo.  I don't like the word may, in that instance.  If the games arent exclusive to the GC, then guess what?  GC will be the third system of choice.  If you can't see how that would hurt Nintendo, youre crazy.

However, i'm holding out hope its a negotiating ploy, and SK leaked this purposely to gain leverage.  I would really love if it was a prank, or marketing for ED2 like MC and Ian said, but i'm not feeling to confident right now.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2004, 06:30:16 PM »

Originally posted by: Chongman

either this year's E3 will be downright breathtakingly awesome for Nintendo...or just...blah

It's the latter I'm afraid of. I'm sure X-Box fanboys are laughing at us panicking like this. I would be surprised if we get another Xbox spammer on the boards now. "DONT U C?! SUCKcube is TEH SUCK! XBOX ROXORZ and has TEH SILIKONITES!!!!"  

Offline gwgtrunks

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2004, 06:31:50 PM »
"or marketing for ED2 like MC and Ian said, but i'm not feeling to confident right now."

*cough* Actually, I do belive I was the first one to suggest that . around page 3, 4, or 5. But it was a joke. Although... it would be brilliant to build some hype around their name...

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2004, 06:33:09 PM »
We both posted the same thought at the same time, trunks- we're in this together.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline DrkStarTTD

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2004, 06:34:35 PM »
i got it nintendo played ed to long went crazy and decied to shoot them self in the head because it would be fun. SK didnt want to die so they left. Nintendo still being crazy from playing ed let them go. Good thing is nintendo has big head so they won't die from the shot, but bad news they will die.

still very mad and might be crazy my self.

Offline gwgtrunks

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2004, 06:35:26 PM »
haha, yup.

Grr... this is frustrating though. I mean, with RARE we at least got a good reason why they got sold. But we don't have a solid reason as to why SK would leave Ninty... they seemed pretty happy there.

Offline DrkStarTTD

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »
ok im ok now. If ninteno wants to expand their adult games then maybe they sold SK to get a bigger copany more well know for their adult games. A copany that has been in a little bit of trouble. What im trying to get out is if you dont get capcom now nintendo i will(edited for younger readers)... got it. OK maybe im not ok need to go lay down.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »

cough* Actually, I do belive I was the first one to suggest that . around page 3, 4, or 5. But it was a joke. Although... it would be brilliant to build some hype around their name...

Okay...credit re-routed
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline gwgtrunks

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2004, 06:52:47 PM »
drkstar... that's really not Nintendo's style though. They had the chance to snap up Sega, and even Silicon Knights, and passed on it.

Offline DrkStarTTD

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2004, 06:59:12 PM »
but wasnt there a new fund set up by nintendo to get bie out stuff? I know it was said to be hardware related but that shows that nintendo will bie people out now. Well lets hope. Mario and zelda only go so far.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2004, 07:09:01 PM »
Oh you mean the Xfund by yammauchi square-enix tapped into those funds and made the GBA games and FFCC and anyother future nintendo projects.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline DrkStarTTD

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2004, 07:57:09 PM »
no it was news like last week not the fund q but some thing new cant find a source can someone help me out

nvm found it see

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6322

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2004, 08:07:55 PM »
Lord_die_seis is right except that it's called the Qfund and not the x fund.  
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline DrkStarTTD

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2004, 08:12:50 PM »
did u miss my last post i said i knew what the fund q was im not talk n about that though.

Offline Doobie

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2004, 08:20:49 PM »
sk "may" make games for nintendo consoles....hmmmm may...may...may...wait whats happening in may? something big i think...dd does like playing with quotes, messin with our minds. E3 is in may...i wonder...
"Why my piggy, I loveded you piggy, I loveded you!"