Author Topic: CRISIS: On Duel Earths Rules and Story  (Read 12295 times)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Re: A Crisis is coming Soon to the funhouse...
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 10:34:20 PM »
Actually, aren't all of the System Lords killed off?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 10:35:45 PM »
Crisis on Infinite Posts.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2008, 11:29:58 AM »
In a joint UN press release, the nations of the world address the people of every nation.

This is a historic day, it has been discovered that the rift leads to an alternate dimension with an exact replica of our Earth.  NASA discovered radio communications interfering with our own through the rift...

It is believed that life exists on this alternative Earth and they are equally advanced as we our. 

Communication with our brothers in Earth Beta are being conducted even now...and a historic science experiment is being planned to send people into an alternate dimension.

NASA is taking recruits now Please sign up and the best candidates will be selected for this mission.

NWR SIGN UP NOW...for

MAFIA:  Crisis of Duel Earths  (Starts Monday June 16th)

This will be a prize Mafia and a random prize or two will be given out even during sign ups.... 

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: CRISIS: On Duel Earths
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 11:43:47 AM »
i'm SO in that its becoming a fad to be in, and other members will joining shortly after

also this is starting to sound like a premise for a generic sci-fi shooter. Marines vs Alt. Dimension marines. win/win!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2008, 11:48:16 AM »
Man, I'm going to be away on a business trip that week.  :'(

Though people have been successful by not posting anything for the first week...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2008, 12:39:48 PM »
(Break from Story)

Despite the crazy theme and twist, I will try to keep this a pretty typical Mafia game.

The Twist will be EVERYONE will get 2 roles one for each Earth, and some abilities will have cross-dimensional effects.  You will have to play both Earths to win, and if you die in one Earth you can still play in the other...but what other surprises may their be.

2 Mafias
2 Worlds
2 Groups fighting for survival...

What surprises may come about from this Mafia...

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2008, 12:46:59 PM »
This sounds much better than the MATURE one we're barely doing now
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 02:06:48 PM »
I should have guessed.

I'm in.  What the Hell--after this shitty game, (which I didn't even get to play) I could use a real game.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 02:13:53 PM »
I'm in as well.  I'll donate the prize, is that cool spak?  anything 1000 pts and under across wiiware and virtual console. It can be split up like I did for Maxi too, so like 2 NES games if you want.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2008, 03:05:32 PM »
DAaaman64...if you are willing to help donate an end prize that is cool.

By the way for every ten players to sign up I am randomly giving a NES game or SMS game away. 

11-20 in a raffle together.
           21-30 in a raffle together. 

I don't think I have to go higher than that. 

And just for the record...I have enjoyed UncleBob's game...it has been fun to try and see who can make it through a random kill fest.  I think people need to look at the game for what it truly is. 

I am also starting a new signup thread for the game.

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2008, 02:33:27 AM »
I am in.
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2008, 08:14:59 PM »
After 10 days of growth the Ozone Rift has appeared to stabilize.  It is not large enough for a small plane to fly through. 

In co-operation with Earth Beta we are doing an amazing new experiment...and are going to try to pass human life through the rift.

The crew is being kept a secret for security reasons, but it is suspected that their is another mysterious experiment in process...it appears Earth Beta has requested to send their own vessel into our Earth. 

Scientists on either Earth can not explain what caused this rift and why it opened now.  Perhaps this experiment will be able to answer both questions. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: CRISIS: On Duel Earths Rules and Story
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 12:58:14 PM »
Rules up on page one...or at least a brief explanation of how this game will work.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2008, 12:20:41 AM »
Tomorrow I will explain the what I have in mind for the game in more detail and list different roles.

I have really been pondering this game and how to make it work...because the theme and twist is a very hard game to balance...it will end up being much more traditional Mafia than it sounds because of this fact...but I think the few twists to roles will be fun. 

Please don't forget to sign up.  Remember just playing gets you chance to win a game.  Playing well will when you another price. 

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2008, 12:43:59 AM »
so when do we start, soon I hope. This one actually sounds fun.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2008, 11:28:47 AM »
Why's everyone hating on my Mafia? :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2008, 12:45:33 PM »
UncleBob:  I loved your Mafia specially after you told me the twist with the ghost...and everyone having the killing ability.

The issue was it was short...but I believe it was short and sweet...but left people wanting another Mafia, which can be good.

As for my game it starts Monday the 15th.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2008, 12:53:01 PM »
I would have liked your better if the forums weren't screwing up the first day and I could not get my vote nor my action in on time.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2008, 02:28:29 PM »
I would have liked your better if the forums weren't screwing up the first day and I could not get my vote nor my action in on time.

It wouldn't have mattered anyway.  I killed you immediately.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2008, 01:10:24 AM »
Crisis Mafia Rules have been updated.  List of Characters and rules now available.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2008, 01:53:20 PM »
It has been leaked that the experiment taking place today includes a shuttle being brought through the dimensional rift of both universes.  However, there is more to the experiment.  It appears that we are actually switch members of each dimension.  The same astronauts from each universe are coming through the rift.  We are basically replacing the and maintaining balance and order within the universe.  It is believed that if the experiment isn't done perfect it could cause a permanent unbalance in the world leading to unknown consequences.

We go live to video of the shuttles entering the rift.

It appears everything is going fine.  Both ships are currently half way through the journey and the shuttle crew has not reported any discomfort or problems as of yet.  This appears to be a perfect procedure...and a great day for the history books.  In just another 3 hours we should be able to have get word on the success of the mission.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shuttles have both landed...and appears that all crew members are well the mission was a success.  The Shuttles and crew are going through examinations and detox as we speak.  we have no idea if there is any threat of dimensionally different disease or health risks.  Early Reports have commented that the shuttles were covered with a strange black Ash after going through the rift...research is on going about this strange ash and its unique properties. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2008, 12:52:47 PM »
Ok...does anyone really care about the story of Crisis anymore?  or is the game and identities crazy enough to make it too hard to play?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2008, 01:28:41 PM »
sounds like someone is tired of writing plots

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2008, 05:54:36 PM »
No...I wrote myself into a hole...that would take WAY too many pages to explain for a plot.