Poll

Do you approve of Bill D-3?

Yay
7 (46.7%)
Nay
8 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Star Wars Mafia: Day 3. The Death Star.  (Read 11326 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Star Wars Mafia: Day 3. The Death Star.
« on: March 06, 2008, 01:54:29 AM »
So, Luke Skywalker steps down on Yavin IV to begin his search for Boba Fett when he gets a call from his sister, Princess Leia. She has news to tel him regarding the empire. It turns out that someone very important is coming after the Skywalkers and the Hutts. It is somehow related to the Kessel spice they are dealing. Leia informs Luke that Dengar was confronted by this high-ranking individual. Dengar tried to use Force Lightning but it was rebounded back to him and knocked Gengar out of commission. With Gengar down, a bunch of people took this time to kill in act of revenge for all the wrongs he had committed against the citizens of Mos Eisly.

Luke was shocked. Gengar, who the skywalkers gave the code name of Crimm, was a member of the Empire they had bribed to keep from interfering with the Spice trade business they were involved. With the death of Wandering, Crimm was next in line to be godfather of Mos Eisly. Crimm's power of Force Lightning also came in handy when warding off threats to the family business. Now, someone even more menacing was taking control of the empire and their identity remained a mystery.

Luke wondered if this new Emperor was working for the Hutts and that's why Dengar was killed. He had to find Boba Fett fast to question him. But where? Then, Luke noticed that things seemed to be getting darker around him. He looked up in the sky and saw an eclipse was occuring. But this was no ordinary eclipse. A giant globe of metal was moving acroos the sky and blocking the sun. Luke stared in amazement for a few moments before a creeping sense of dread and fear caused him to hightail it to his specially modified X-Wing and get safely away.

Back on Tatooine, Jabba sends his new Bounty Hunter a contract. The victim is to be Mara Jade known as Golden Phoenix throughout the galaxy due to her ability to escape from certain death time and again. It is to be one final test to make sure the Bounty Hunter is all he is cracked up to be. Tracking Mara Jade to a local cantina, The Bounty Hunter watched as Mara Jade silently stalked a victim of hers. After some time of watching and tracking the victim, Mara walked by the man and with a slight movement of her wrist, lit the hidden lightsaber she was carrying, stabbed the man through the heart and then quickly disegaged the lightsaber, all with in a second. It was a few moments before the man slumped to the floor dead and by that time, Mara had long walked out the door.

Outside the cantina, Mara made her way along some back alleys when she suddenyl found herself being flipped upside down and flying into the air. A rope was caught around her leg and lifting her skywords. She had waken into a trap. Still, a quick cut by her lightsaber and she would be free. But, as she watched the ground grow further distant, she saw her lightsaber lying there on the ground. The sudden jolt must have caused it to fall off of her. Then, the rope stopped pulling and she was left hanging in the air as a man walked out of an alley way with a gun pointed at her. It was The Bounty Hunter and he had set this trap to kill the Golden Phoenix. Fool, thought Mara, he doesn't know about my force powers. And with that, Mara reached out with the force and pulled the lightsaber from the ground to her hand. She caught it and pressed the button to ignite the lightsaber. It exploded and killed her. The bounty hunter cut the rope holding Mara and let her charred body fall to the ground. Then he took Mara's real lightsaber still attached to her belt. Fool, he thought. People never think when they are in a panic. They always just react. That allows them to fall prey to all kinds of deception. And he is the greatest master of deception out there.

The Bounty Hunter brought the remains of Mara before a jubulant Jabba the Hutt. Not only had The Bounty Hunter killed Luke Skywalkers wife but Mara Jade also had the power of Force Rebound and her death would hurt the Skywalkers greatly. Sending The Bounty Hunter away with his payment, Jabba began to plot his next move. There was no doubt this war had just escalated greatly. Now, he had to make sure it kept escalating in his favor.

Back at Yavin IV, while flying away in his X-Wing, Luke discovered Boba Fett's ship trail. It led towards the giant metal globe. Luke debated whether to turn around or keep going. But, as he pondered this decision, he began to think of the lightsaber he was carrying in his vest. He clenched the lightsaber tight in his hand as he flew toward the metal globe.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Mafia: Day 3. The Death Star.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 01:54:54 AM »
Details:

Crimm was killed by the vote.
Crimm had the power of Force Lightning and was the second godfather of the mafia.

Golden Phoenix was killed by The Bounty Hunter.
Golden Phoenix had the power of Force Rebound.

Voting ends at Midnight EST again. The first deadline for actions will be 11 pm. EST and then the remaining actions are due by 12:30 am. EST. By now, you should know which deadline applies to your role.

Bill D-3

The senator has a new bill to propose.

Should this bill pass, this is what will happen:

The mafia will be able to exchange abilities with their own dead, but this action will take up the current player's action for that day.

The "Others" players will not be susceptible to actions.

A new ability will be randomly assigned to one townie: Force Feeder.  This player can predict who will die at night, and, if they guess right, he or she will absorb all of the abilities that player possessed at any point in the game.

Also, I will not just give things to the townies.  I'm sorry, but I cannot survive in an environment with far over-powered townies.  If you don't like a bill, post why, and I'll consider your advice in the following draft.  For instance, today, I did integrate part of Spak-Spang's suggestion.

With the implementation of this bill, the townies will get a back-up plan to keep them from losing important roles. This helps keep the townies from suffering much setback if someone important dies.

I think this bill is quite balanced and ask that you pass it. Moreover, you should remember that if you do something for me, I will do something for you. It's easy to put down every bill because it doesn't only favor you but if you do that, you'll never get a bill that favors the townies. I need some help also and if get my help, I will propose something to your liking.

So, there you have it. By the way Bill D-2 was also defeated yesterday and not passed. So, that should take care of announcements. Get voting.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 02:05:09 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 02:14:58 AM »
That sucks for GP.  :o
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 02:17:32 AM »
I don't know what to make of this. On one hand, we knew Crimm was mafia, but I didn't see GP's death coming. What's worse is that she didn't start out with that role, either, we switched it to her.

I don't know where to go from here yet, but I'll let you all know if I hear something we should move on.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 02:18:20 AM »
Wow. Color me impressed by Lando's skill with a giant floating city.

... and wow, that bandwagon stayed rock steady! I totally didn't expect that!

and GOD that bill is COMPLICATED. ugh.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 02:23:01 AM »
What did I do with cloud city?

Edit: I'm taking a look at this Bill. I think I've already figured out something very interesting.

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 02:42:53 AM »
It is the talk of "the others" that still confuses me, thought it does seem to give a lil to each of the two parties, that one townie could end up with quite a list of powers if the death is guessed correctly.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 03:00:00 AM »
I agree, "the others" is the part I'm most confused about.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 03:06:04 AM »
I'll go ahead and say what I was going to say about the bill: We know the force balance, so we can swap roles, right? So what's to stop us from swapping roles to raise the new role's ability's chances left and right?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 03:49:52 AM »
Also, I will not just give things to the townies.  I'm sorry, but I cannot survive in an environment with far over-powered townies.  If you don't like a bill, post why, and I'll consider your advice in the following draft.  For instance, today, I did integrate part of Spak-Spang's suggestion.

With the implementation of this bill, the townies will get a back-up plan to keep them from losing important roles. This helps keep the townies from suffering much setback if someone important dies.

I think this bill is quite balanced and ask that you pass it. Moreover, you should remember that if you do something for me, I will do something for you. It's easy to put down every bill because it doesn't only favor you but if you do that, you'll never get a bill that favors the townies. I need some help also and if get my help, I will propose something to your liking.

As someone who was interested in this role initially, the way it has been used this time around is pretty average.

On principle, I am not interested in being fair with regards to bills. Life isn't fair, so why should any part of this game be fair?

In terms of feedback regarding your polls:

Today's poll enables the mafia to resurrect their "Force Manipulation" or "Force Lightning" powers. With luck, they would be able to slow down the progress of townies. I'd rather not balance out the playing field after the work done over the last two days.

Yesterday's poll was very simple (which I would have voted for if I saw it in time). I'm surprised that it got knocked back given that there were 11 townies at the time.

The first day's poll was just too confusing. I can see the point of appealing to both sides (sorry neutrals), but remember that there are majorities and minorities in this game. Plus, the ability to upgrade Choke to 3 kills which can be used at any time (on a specific set of townies) in exchange for protecting one townie each night doesn't seem balanced.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 04:17:58 AM »
I do have one question: If the mafia player that changes his ability is the Godfather, can he still make a hit that night?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 07:24:46 AM »
Ok, just when I was thinking about who to vote for today, this little gem (well, 2 actually) dropped into my box.

VOTE OOHHBOY

EDIT: Here I am freaking out that the detail is lost, when its the forums automatically smashing it together.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/ShiftKey_album/day3.jpg is the URL for those who can't make it out.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 07:28:58 AM by Shifty the Hutt »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 08:01:58 AM »
Why do I get the feeling this Mafia is more about teaching people to be cautious and careful with the new forum's PM messages.  It behaves very differently than the previous one, and can cause easy accidental messages. 

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 08:13:04 AM »
Why do I get the feeling this Mafia is more about teaching people to be cautious and careful with the new forum's PM messages.  It behaves very differently than the previous one, and can cause easy accidental messages. 

I can't really get over the forum's Inbox/Outbox display.

I wonder if there's an option to show messages by thread (who you're talking to and the sequence of messages, SMF already tracks your replies to messages) rather than sorting by date/user/title.

Did I miss something in the options?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 08:50:18 AM »
See, if the Senator just plays to the townies and the game loses its balance, then the game is boring.  Already, Mafia have a REALLY, REALLY hard time at winning.  We have some amazing players of Mafia here. 

So, I like any balance.

The Problem with the current Bill, is that it takes a day and the Mafia lose an action for that day.  Well, in the Grand Scheme of things, the Mafia is down 2 members and may not be able to afford loss of an action.  So in that case, I believe the Bill should have let them swap out in the day and still use an action...but they lose their other power permanently after the swap.  So that is balanced.

As for the Townie Power...that is also written poorly.   Does Force Feeder work with any deaths:  Mafia Hit, Vote Out, or Bounty Hunter?  If more than one power is eliminated does that mean he/she gets both powers?  Can they absorb the power of a Mafia member? 

The game has already greatly tilted to the favor of townies, and it is only day 3.  Sure the tides can turn, but it seems unlikely. 

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 09:52:19 AM »
I thought we were going to stop using PM screen shots. The game two games ago really went screen shot crazy with people faking them and all.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 11:04:09 AM »
Well screen shots or not, I trust shifty. He hasn't led me wrong so far. Vote Oohhboy!

Also I have a list of those who didn't vote Crimm and you're on it Bustin, I hope you're not trying to go against the grain again.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 11:14:11 AM »
Unless somebody has a good argument against it, I'll also trust Shifty.

VOTE OOHHBOY
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 11:39:40 AM »
Vote Queen Amidala

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 11:58:37 AM »
Eh, I didn't need to vote for Crimm. He was long gone.

Also pretty high odds to get a role twice in a game. Yes,  I was mafia before the reset.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 12:11:10 PM »
Vote Darth Maul / bustin

I think you voted for me yesterday right?

Shame on you for voting for such a cute ewok.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 12:34:20 PM »
One man's cute is another man's taxidermy hanging above the fireplace.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 01:46:31 PM »
Shame on you for voting for such a cute ewok.

Are you kidding?  I kind of want to vote for you just to make you get rid of it.  You ruined Return of the Jedi!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 02:04:14 PM »
I'm gonna be on a computer for a little while, so if anyone has anything to ask to me, now would be the time that I can respond best.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 02:14:47 PM »
Do you like me?

___ Yes
___ No
___ Maybe
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!