Author Topic: Sanity is for the weak.  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Sanity is for the weak.
« on: September 10, 2007, 12:11:48 PM »
Really, it's such a one-trick pony. Sure, you've got rational thought but then what? But madness, ooh, ooh, the options are sky-high! I was walking down the street today when a large badger tried to mug me fortunately I had my spork on me, and dispatched it easily- but oh, those badgers have friends. Powerful people. Those damn birds kept crapping on my head. So I spent the rest of the day finding their nests and  crushing their eggs while shouting vile obscenities about their mothers. Strange how they made their nest in Styrofoam containers in refrigerators, but either way some old woman with an apron started shouting at me and told me to leave but I told her that I was in the in the middle of an important interrogation but she wouldn't listen. I went to grab my spork, but she got a broom and scared me off so I left and grabbed a trashcan before the birds could renew their attack and beat her to death with it then stole this traitor's skin and wore it for an undercover mission but got distracted by this interesting butterfly that landed on some flowers that I then crushed and laughed at for being so fragile. And these women kept pushing these weird roller things that cried when I grabbed them and pushed them down a steep hill to laugh at the woman trying to catch it but then some guys in black and white cars with blinky lights came and started shouting at me so I started crying but then when one walked up to me I stole his gun and shot him and then the others shot me but I shot them too and I started shooting those damn birds before they could start their attack again but ran out of ammo and I went back to smashing the eggs I had missed.

Damn seals.  
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Sanity is for the weak.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 08:06:46 PM »
I agree.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 09:30:23 PM »
You aren't insane unless you have pictures...Words are for those that can comprehend!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
RE:Sanity is for the weak.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:20:37 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
I agree.

Good!

*Hands you a baseball bat with a rusty nail in it while providing no explanation*
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 05:16:23 PM »
*sigh*....

/reminisces of good times with Eternal Darkness
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
RE:Sanity is for the weak.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 08:29:09 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
*sigh*....

/reminisces of good times with Eternal Darkness

More games really need do to implement a sanity feature. ED really did it well, and not many others have tried it. It has so much potential...

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 03:15:14 PM »
There should be one for the NWR forums, like a rating system for each thread. If someone started posting a lot of non-lucid complaints (PURELY HYPOTHETICAL, WOULD NEVER HAPPEN AT NWR) in a thread full of good tidings of great joy to all people, a poster could vote and give it a quick sanity-down.  
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.