Author Topic: Japan levels up?  (Read 2729 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Japan levels up?
« on: February 04, 2007, 06:09:14 AM »
I know Super's bragging about the games released in Japan and not in the US but what game is he bragging about there?

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Japan levels up?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 06:21:17 AM »
Super Smash Bros.
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
RE: Japan levels up?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 09:56:46 AM »
Fire Emblem, SNES. The HP bar looks alot like what is used in the two GBA FE games and FEPoR(GC).  

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 09:58:25 AM »
I've been the one doing those actually. And if you read the description out on the main forums list, you'll see that it's the second SNES Fire Emblem game to be released there.

I'm not so sure what to do this week since Japan's line up is about as pathetic as we usually get.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 10:05:58 AM »
Hooray, I guessed right. I win. I want my cookie.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 02:34:12 PM »
Fire Emblem is just Advance Wars for girls. I've been playing fite games in Japan's hip, happening arcade scene, or with my roommate (an EVO veteran!)

I've also been playing IIDX and weird hentai games and I'm going to try to play Phoenix Wright in Japanese to see if I can handle it yet :X

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 06:29:50 PM »
Advance Wars is just Close Combat for girls.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 09:55:23 PM »

Fire Emblem is just Advance Wars for girls.

CONFIRMED.

Fire Emblem is probably the worst game i've ever purchased

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 06:22:33 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario
Fire Emblem is probably the worst game i've ever purchased
I hate you.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 06:38:25 AM »
Wow, you must not buy very many games.  I think my worst games come down to Zoids VS III, Darkened Skye, Driven, and Blitz 20-02 GBA.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 07:50:02 AM »
The game that's probably the worst I own doesn't really count because I knew it would be horrible and just bought it for shits and giggles ("Deadly Strike", some Simple 2000 game brought over by Midas. That just screams "quality"). Great disappointments were Harvest Moon: AWL and Rez, while I have worse games I often expected them to suck.

Hm, while were at it, would be fun to list our collections of crap games and see what gems we can come up with.

Bleach GC (GC) - Or: How to take a series that has tons of things that could make for nice gameplay elements and churn out a completely uninspired game while being surpassed by your handheld division. In one word: Sega.
Deadly Strike (PS2) - Stupid plot, bad gameplay, horrible animations, what more do you want? Disjointed prerendered backgrounds, movesets that give you exactly one useful combo or voice acting in telephone quality? It's all in here.
Lightweight Ninja (PC) - Low quality flashgames with no configurable controls and awful physics retailing for 1€? Sign me up!
Realm of the Dead (PS2) - Because killing Zombies is just so much more fun with unbalanced characters, badly thought out movesets, chuggy framerates whenever anything happens and a camera that won't show anything more than 2 metres away.
The Maid Clothes and Machinegun (PS2) - It's a bad idea to let the player dodge every attack by pressing one button and have no penalty for pressing that button when it's not necessary. It's an even worse idea to put "machinegun" in the title of your game and discourage its use by giving bad grades for using it.
Lufia: The Legend Returns (GBC) - It boasts 200 levels of dungeons. All of which are a 3x3 grid of rooms with small randomness introduced so they could avoid spending money on a level designer. The best way to teach people that "random dungeons" is not a feature but a bug.