Author Topic: Metriod Movie  (Read 10879 times)

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Metriod Movie
« on: June 11, 2004, 11:53:01 PM »
I think its startin off on the right foot by having john woo involved.  Hopefully they leave the franchise as is and dont alter anything.  Ive read its supposed to take place during metriod 1's storyline.  If the production value is high up there and its taking in the right direction, this could be a sick movie.  What are your opinions on how the movie should be made and who you think should be casted as samus.  EGM had the girl from T3 (which I think is perfect after seeing her pic again).  On a side note though, what do yous think of a movie based on samus hunting down the predators from the predator movies.  I think that'll be insanely hot lol.

Offline Chode2234

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Metriod Movie
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 08:18:43 AM »
john woo's movies have been pretty horrible as of lately, I am also worried that they will focus too much on Samus' feminism and sensuality that they will forget that she lives to kill space pirates etc.  
Wii:  0279 2707 3253 3306

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 07:44:24 AM »
Sensuality? "Oh....Mr. Metroid. SO HOT! OH!" Seriously who the hell would she be sensual with? There's like Space Pirates and Metroids and that's it. Well, I'm SURE Hollywood could find a way.  
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 08:17:04 PM »
nah, I doubt they will take that road.  Resident evil had a fewale main character and they didnt really dwell too into her feminism.  I have high hopes for the movie as long as the production value is up there.  I dont want to see some bootlegged rubber suit for her armor.  Theres so much they can do with this franchise, they better not mess it up.

Offline Helios

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 04:39:50 PM »
Well I can't say too much about this.... I mean saying "Metroid Movie" sounds good but I don't think it will be any good at all.... If it is not in 3d like Final Fantasy then I dont know how it would be any good... There would be too many costumes and all that bullshit... If they actually start this movie and show previews of what it will look like then I would be able to comment more about this movie but for now it doesnt look like they are doing much about this Metroid Movie..... Ohh well...

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 06:49:31 PM »
Unless you're Pixar, I don't think anyone else is going to flock to total CGI anytime soon.

one of the things John Woo will have to do is do something Nintendo hasn't done yet. Give Samus character. There's the double edged sword. Samus's character (or lack of it) isn't really defined in the games; we don't know if she's brash, the strong and silent type etc. Fusion made the attempt, but it came off as pretentious if you ask me.

But hey, it couldn't be worse than the Mario Bros, movie.  
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Chode2234

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 10:28:26 AM »
She is the strong and silent type for sure, how could she be anything else?    

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 02:21:28 PM »
you guys need to read the E-manga, it definaely has more than enough info to make a movie out of, its incredibly interesting, and still has ways that things could go.

http://newtourian.com/ecomic00.html

Read those.

Offline Forte

• View Profile
RE:Metriod Movie
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 07:24:58 AM »
They're making a movie?  Personally I think it will ruin Samus.  How many game-based movies actually were good movies?  I don't think they should especially if John Woo is in it.  I hope that this is just a rumor and it turns out like the real action DragonBall movie--forgotton.  Samus is a highly respected bounty hunter in the game-world, not Hollywood.  Look at all the game-based movies out there.  There's Mario Brothers, Mortal Combat(not exactly a horrible movie, but still), Street Fighter, Final Fantasy(if it was based off the game, doubt it), Resident Evil, and other movies based off of games.  I really hope that if they do go through with this idea, then they'll at least make a good one for Samus.
"He who hesitates will be lost."

Offline Chode2234

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 10:24:17 AM »
I have my doubts, but hey, franchises sellt tickets.  Probably because everyone goes hoping to see the first good rendition of a video game to movie?  Maybe Master Chief will have a cameo appearance and Frank Oz will do the voices of the Chozo...

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 09:21:08 AM »
First of all, I doubt Metroid has enough of a fanbase to sell on the name alone. Then again, I was very surprised that Spiderman sold as well as it did.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2004, 02:02:51 PM »
I think the only way to make the movie work is with a high production value.  Without that, and with how high tech the metriod storyline is, I think it'll come out as a low budget late night sci fi flick.  They better have the production value real high,  have the people that did the hulk movie, those effects were sick lol.

Offline FaceLeSs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2004, 08:53:01 PM »
I really dont want them to make up alot of new stuff or start to invent many different ideas in the metroid universe. I dont want the movie to be so different from the metroid series we have grown to love. Id rather them keep everything in order

Offline notic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2004, 04:04:40 PM »
A good Metroid movie would be an IMAX movie fully animated in 3D. I'd like it to show Samus just exploring some alien world alone with very beautiful graphics to give more atmosphere. It wouldn't really need much dialogue, just Samus investigating an unknown planet by herself in search of something (I'm being generic here just to analyze a good Metroid movie) that maybe the space pirates may want, or something to do with the Chozo civilization. It would also show Samus having flashbacks as a kid or whatever and stuff about how the Chozo raised her. This is all I can come up with so far.

I think another potential game movie would be Metal Gear. I think Metal Gear Solid (the only MG game I played) is like a movie all by itself it would just need good actors and that's kinda it.
Check one two~Who got more style than son do

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2004, 05:44:46 PM »
In my opinion they should do it half 3-d animation and half real like in spiderman. Have all the actors palying the playable parts and the rest 3-d. Like the space pirates. to tell tye truth i couldn't tell the real spiderman and the computer one apart!!
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2004, 04:05:30 PM »
yeah, thats why it needs a high production value, to pull that level of detail with the graphics.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2004, 07:00:26 AM »
There's an easy way for it to not cheapen the franchise, they make it an art hosue movie. Unfortunately John Woo is involved so that won't be happening.

You know I was thinking, John Woo won't have the slightest clue as to how to direct a movie featuring a character who can't hold a second gun. I bet if the movie even goes ahead (I'll gives odd 20:1 that it will never happen) there will be some shoddy scene involving Samus holding a handgun in her left hand shooting baddies. Or better yet, why not two arm cannon's Woo?

This movie won't be good though, I just can't imagine how anyone could turn Metroid into a movie, let alone idiot John Woo, that guy is a joke. If you don't know which one of the Mission Impossible movies he directed (MI2) just watch them both and the most painful one will be the one he did. This test is 100% accurate, you can try it on anyone.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2004, 09:46:04 PM »
Lucky I haven't seen MI2

This forum needs more RABicle!  

Offline Caillan

• Token New Zealander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2004, 01:23:02 AM »
Uh, MI2 is a truly horrible movie. Of all the possible genres of movies I dislike, the ridiculous action ones I dislike the most. I hope Woo doesn't make this, though the franchise has been picked up before, and chances are that it will be picked up again if Woo drops it.

Franchise games seem to have been slowly imporving in recent times, with Spiderman and LotR actually being half-decent gamss. A massive improvement over only one (console) generation. I just hope that in the future game-to-movie conversions will become just as successful. To be fair, the Resident Evil movie was far, far better than it could have been...unfortuantley that still doesn't make it a good movie.

Games offer forms depth and excitement far removed from that which movies offer... is it so hard to draw upon those elements without transposing them to standard action cinema? With the exception of the FF movie (which was a dry and damaged husk) I've yet to see a game-to-movie that isn't action orientated.  

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2004, 11:31:06 PM »
wish the guy that did the hulk movie would pick up the metriod license.  I think he'll treat the franchise right and not take it in a different direction.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2004, 03:00:16 AM »
I'd rather have Sam Reimi on it...

Offline Doerr

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2004, 09:00:16 AM »
Ridley Scott could make a good Metroid Movie

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2004, 09:21:25 AM »
The Hulk was one of the most boring movies I have ever seen.

Not to mention I never liked the Hulk anyway.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2004, 12:06:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Manny
wish the guy that did the hulk movie would pick up the metriod license.  I think he'll treat the franchise right and not take it in a different direction.

lol.  He already has the liscense as Woo directed the Hulk.

Kiss the Cynic!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2004, 12:10:47 PM »
Not quite.

It was Ang Lee.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.