Author Topic: Rock  (Read 39005 times)

RE:Rock
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 11:46:04 AM »
One more thing. Does anyone give a crap about Rap-Metal? I think its retarded. You?
We will rise from the litter boxes, and send humans into the doghouses.          BEWARE!!!!! ....                                    Muah ha ha!!!!

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE: Rock
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 12:16:30 PM »
Rap, Hip Hop and any of its variations should be banned from the world.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 12:24:13 PM »
MANTIDOR, you make more since than any other person on this planet. I thank you.
We will rise from the litter boxes, and send humans into the doghouses.          BEWARE!!!!! ....                                    Muah ha ha!!!!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 01:38:34 PM »
like the producers, they realised they could make moe money on a taking play then a good one.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2006, 02:51:31 PM »
I heard Hillary Duff aka America's Sweetheart has some good songs.  
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2006, 02:59:25 PM »
"One more thing. Does anyone give a crap about Rap-Metal? I think its retarded. You?"

The only rap metal I like is Rage Against The Machine.  Normally I hate anything to do with hip-hop but somehow Zack del la Rocca's severely pissed off shouting voice combined with really crazy guitar work pumps me up.

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2006, 03:39:14 PM »
MJRx9000, you my friend, are a GENIOUS!!!! ANYONE CAN GET PUMPED WITH HILARY BY THEIR SIDE, AND AVRIL LAVIGN, AND HER BEST FRIENDS, SLIPKNOT!!! sparkling innovation

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2006, 06:02:37 PM »
Man, I'm with you guys on this 'no good rock since the mid 90s'. Some catchy songs, but nothing really innovative.

I love 80's music, love Def Leppard (80's), and I remember when Metallica was the farthest from mainstream you could get.

Now, I really like the Industrial stuff too, which so far hasn't seen any love here yet. And where is the Tool mention? Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Gravity Kills, Ministry, Catherine Wheel, Chemlab, Drown, KMFDM, and many others.

Anyone else like Lords Of Acid? I only have one album, but its awesome (the one with the devil chicks on the cover )

And I really got into the grunge scene, too. Nirvana blew my mind with Nevermind. Alice In Chains, Mudhoney, Guntruck, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and every other band on the 'Singles' soundtrack.

Man, what happened to music in the past 6 or so years?

Oh yeah, need to give a shout out to Garbage. I saw them live, and they were spectacular.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2006, 07:50:35 PM »

Originally posted by: mantidor

I couldn't agree more....cumbia, reggaeton and it's variations must be banned as well ¬¬....
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2006, 10:48:39 PM »
Man, what happened to music in the past 6 or so years?
>>
Maybe some of the following has had an effect

Britney Spears
--85 million in record sales, first 4 albums beginning in '99 debut at #1

Christina Aguilera
-- first album sold over eight million copies in the US

JLO
--all albums between '99-'05 sold over a mil

Hillary Duff
-- all 3 albums between 03-05 sold over a mil, 1st and 3rd at #1, second at #2 on the chartz

Kelly Clarkson won two Grammys over Paul McCartney this year, not that it matters but it's kinda sad.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2006, 03:12:23 AM »
I tend to lsiten to older stuff (Led Zeppelin, Cream, The Yardbirds, Jimi Hendrix, T. Rex, Black Sabbath, The Eagles etc.) more than newer stuff, although I still have bands that I enjoy (White Stripes, RHCP, The Strokes, The Music, Interpol, The Darkness, etc).

My favourite rock band is Led Zeppelin.
They're my favourite band, Ian is now awesome!
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2006, 03:14:26 AM »
Good to see some fellow rockers.

I'll bore you with my favourite bands, sorry guys.

Flame away, I'm used to it, all my friends like RnB, rap whatever.

Pearl Jam (see the avatar)
The Smashing Pumpkins / Zwan / Billy Corgan
Nirvana
Jeff Buckley
Guns n Roses
Alice in Chains
Velvet Revolver
Dire Straits
Creedence

Are any of you Americans going to see (or seen) PJ this year? Anyone like the new album? Does anyone care? No - ok I'll shut up now.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Doerr

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2006, 04:45:16 AM »
well Lets See
I went to Disturbed Concert 2 weeks ago, Fireball Ministry opened for them never heard of them before but I like them now
Went to last Years Ozzfest and Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath were wicked.

Some Faves.
AC/DC,Metallica,Godsmack,Kiss,Korn,Iron Maiden,Led Zepplin,Pink Floyd, Pearl jam,Nirvana,Black Sabbath,OZZY,Pantera,System of a Down,Rage against the Machine,Neil Young, many others and since I'm Canadian I think its in the law somwhere that you have to like RUSH

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2006, 05:18:45 AM »
blackfootsteps wins!

Music made an awesome comeback in the early 90s and then was promptly killed when they tried to pull the 25 anniversary woodstock garbage.

Limp Bizkit er whatever hurting people and insighting riots... wonderful... and music will never be the same.

LiVE, PJ, OLP, Smashing Pumpkins, Cake, Early Counting Crows, Sponge, Tragically Hip, Everclear... I could go on and on. Nirvana

Also, for some older and awesome flair, Talking Heads, Clash, Violent Femmes, TMBG.

As per seeing PJ this year... Their albums have gone a little too political and dark lately for my liking.  The new one is pretty good, but I don't plan on paying 50 bucks to see them and sit in the nose bleeds.

As far as good shows go, I just went and saw a show for 30 bucks in which both LiVE and Our Lady Peace played.... what a freaking wonderful concert.  If any of you don't know who OLP is, you should definately listen.  They write music that gives you goosebumps, seriously.

This could be the best day of my life.  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Frozen Atlantic

• Spiritually Direct
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2006, 06:46:02 AM »
Pearl Jam is good. As far as no great new music... psh.

Go pick up Mars Volta's "Deloused in the Comatorium" or Arcade Fire's "Funeral". Let me know if you think THOSE tricks are kids.

This board doesn't have bad taste. Mostly grunge fans, which is good.
smash brothers : 5069-3792-8710

wii: 2034-1057-8595-3928

if you send me a PM, I'll add you more quickly

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2006, 06:52:03 AM »
Yeah ill agree with you. Im mostly grunge. Sorry. But i do like the older stuff, like queen and judas priest. Led Zepplins not bad. Counting Crows, okay.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2006, 07:05:34 AM »
"since I'm Canadian I think its in the law somwhere that you have to like RUSH"

I'm Canadian and I hate Rush, partially because a lot of people seem to like Rush because they act like it's an obligation to support Canadian bands.  That and the damn radio stations in Vancouver play their songs all the time.  There are some really good Rush songs I like though like Time Stands Still and Show Don't Tell.

Grunge is great.  Though I've noticed that pretty much any band today that claims to have been influenced by grunge sucks.  Apparently they must have liked something completely different about grunge than I did.  If Kurt Cobain hadn't killed himself I wonder if rock music would still be good.  While I still liked rock music for a few years after his death the bands making that music were bands around when Kurt was still alive.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2006, 07:28:41 AM »

Originally posted by: Smoke39

Originally posted by: EasyCure
i have to ask, am i the only one in here that also likes cheesey 80s music?? lol just throwing it out there..i know some of you guys are kinda young (though so am i, i just have weird taste i guess)

I like glam metal, and I like Oingo Boingo.

OINGO BOINGO, YES!!! *HIGH FIVE* lol

oh and ian, as for singing def leapord...you're right i never said i sung it well ;-). it wasnt horrible either, i can hold a tune but we only did it for the kicks. we wore the tight pants and muscle shirts with bandanas and poofed up hair, the whole nine yards. we wanted the laughs.

as for rap/metal or rap/rock....eh...those bands that came out and were dubbed "nu-metal" but were rap+rock/metal (ie. linkin park, korn, etc..) i never got into. however i have heard some good stuff from a fusion of rap and rock. check out the Transplants. half the cd is punk rock/hardcore/metal, with some rapping in it, but not your typical jay-z kinda rapping, and some others are more hip-hop oriented and just happen to have some good solos or power chords over a good beat. they even have one latin "reggeatone" sounding song thats by far the best off of their second album, and i CANT STAND that spanish rap...and im spanish..lol.

and while speaking of rap, check out this guy called MC Lars. if you dislike hiphop, listen to the track "generic crunk rap". if you dislike emo, and i know alot of you do ;-)...check out the song "signing emo". if you hate myspace and people trying to find love on t he internet check out "internet relationships (are not real relationships". the guy kinda just pokes fun at everything, and the songs are DAMN good. if anyones interested just PM me or email me and i can send you the songs if you're too lazy to d/l. the guys really good and since he put out his album on his own, i'd like to hear him get some radio play.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2006, 08:53:52 AM »

Originally posted by: Athrun Zala

I couldn't agree more....cumbia, reggaeton and it's variations must be banned as well ¬¬....

reggaeton composer and performers must be beaten with baseball bats til theres no one left, but I actually like cumbia (ok not really but I appreciate its cultural significance, regeton has none)

So its obvious that I hate this nu-metal crap, but I did like the first album of korn, the rest were garbage.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2006, 10:21:21 AM »

Originally posted by: Athrun Zala

reggaeton composer and performers must be beaten with baseball bats til theres no one left, but I actually like cumbia (ok not really but I appreciate its cultural significance, regeton has none)
it's clear that you haven't heard the argentinian (and to some extent, uruguayan) cumbia and cumbia villera.....we need some napalm....
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2006, 12:06:59 PM »
Anyone heard that song No One Knows by Queens of the Sone Age? Its one of my favorites, and worth buying/ listening to; but the other songs by them suck, at least thats me. I also like that song Cowboys from Hell by Pantera. The solo is unbelivable, and really the guitarist is too. I also love Megadeath. Opinions?

Offline Frozen Atlantic

• Spiritually Direct
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2006, 01:26:32 PM »
Please, I suggest you listen to some Kyuss.

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2006, 04:07:05 PM »
I rarely listen to them. VERY rare.

Offline Frozen Atlantic

• Spiritually Direct
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2006, 04:20:41 PM »
Subrosa and Screaming Trees were the best "unknown" grunge bands. Subrosa took a lot from hardcore punk, and the Trees were more hippie/psychadelic grunge. If anybody sees them or hears them online or at a used store, GET IT. Trust me.

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2006, 04:26:05 PM »
Ever heard of Breakin Benjamin or Seether? Theyre pretty good. Some cds are worth a purchase. Also try Ra.  3 doors down maybe lighter, but they sound awesome. and their hard songs, MAN. FREAKIN YES.