Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3164240 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #1425 on: August 27, 2009, 05:53:08 PM »
According to a turkish website, it appears that StarFox Wii is going to be revealed in the next Nintendo Power

rumored title: Star Fox Wii: Battle for Corneria
rumored features: Motion Plus support, WiiSpeak support & Online Battle Mode

Souce: nintendocuc.com

Fuckin TITS!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1426 on: August 27, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
I haven't gotten my NP yet but I will fill you in on any info that I come across.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 27, 2009, 06:13:48 PM »
The Wii is due for a Star Fox game so I wouldn't be surprised if that's true. In fact, I might be kind of surprised if it turns out to NOT be true. It doesn't interest me though but I know it would make many people happy.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 27, 2009, 06:22:50 PM »
I haven't gotten my NP yet but I will fill you in on any info that I come across.

I can't read the exact wording of the source, in the original post that Stogi quoted (waiting for approval), but it didn't say if it was the issue about to come out, or the one after that, because there are two covers on the source page. Was the last issues cover Silent Hill?

edit: apparently the last issue was Avatar, so maybe SF will be next months reveal
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 06:41:42 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 27, 2009, 06:24:02 PM »
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 28, 2009, 03:54:55 AM »
I really want a SF game after playing the Airplane Dogfight mode in Resort. It would be awesome.

Maxi, check the next issue preview page because maybe they are referring to the month after the Avatar issue.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1431 on: August 28, 2009, 06:09:32 AM »

I can't read the exact wording of the source, in the original post that Stogi quoted (waiting for approval), but it didn't say if it was the issue about to come out, or the one after that, because there are two covers on the source page. Was the last issues cover Silent Hill?

edit: apparently the last issue was Avatar, so maybe SF will be next months reveal
The Avatar issue is the next one that I am going to receive. The most recent issue that I got was The Crystal Bearers issue which I can't find atm.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 28, 2009, 02:48:03 PM »
Oh man oh man oh man! Rumor about Star Fox!?!?!?!?!?!?!? YAHOOO! Just the fact that something Star Fox came up fills me with joy! Real or not!

Man I enjoyed command mission, but just give us more on rails dodging obsticle action! With an awesome multiplayer! Please if this is true, let a Nintendo Developer handle this please!!!!!!!!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 28, 2009, 02:59:55 PM »
Ninja Turtles Getting Re-Shelled On The Nintendo DSi?

The Australian Office of Film and Literature Classification has added a separate rating from the XBLA and PSN versions specific to the Nintendo DSi. It appears that it will be developed by Ubisoft Singapore, who are the people behind its console cousin.

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/08/ninja_turtles_getting_reshelle.php
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 29, 2009, 01:10:24 PM »
Wow Ubi, if you do this you would've missed a great opportunity by re-releasing/remaking the Arcade Game and Turtles In Time SNES on the WII.

*facepalm*
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 29, 2009, 02:58:48 PM »
Wii Speak support in a Nintendo sequel to Star Fox? I doubt it.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 29, 2009, 05:35:17 PM »

Why?

I've been waiting for an online dogfights or co-op for star fox with voice chat since SF64... though now, you'll propbably have to many idiots shoutinf "do a barrel roll!" Or "fox! Get this guy off me!" Ugh

BnM: sorry I couldn't post the news for you sooner, I haven't checked in on the forums until today. My apologies.

I didn't check the "fake" link someone else posted, but even if it is fake we can have fun speculating, since star fox is bound to appear on wii anyway. My bif question is how wil motion plus be used in the game? I don't have M+ yet so I don't know how much it changes controls,so I can't really comment on what it can or can't do..

Though I will rehash an old idea I had of star fox using the wiimote in a flightstick position. Id assume M+ would allow for greater precision in this regard. Also, knowing what nintendos peripheral strategy is like these days, it'd be easy to assume this would be a perfect chance to release a new controller shell! A base that let's a M+ enabled controller to fit in upright as a flight stick, and perhaps buttons to replace those on the nunchuk or a slot for the nunchuk to be used comfortably with it?

Cmon, you know nintendo would do it.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 29, 2009, 07:14:17 PM »
Exactly what would Motion + be needed for in an on-rails, never-leave-the-cockpit Star Fox game?  Zack & Wiki showed that you can already do the flight stick thing with the Wiimote fairly accurately, and either the nunchuck's analog stick or the Wiimote pointer could handle movement just fine.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 29, 2009, 07:26:11 PM »
Exactly what would Motion + be needed for in an on-rails, never-leave-the-cockpit Star Fox game?  Zack & Wiki showed that you can already do the flight stick thing with the Wiimote fairly accurately, and either the nunchuck's analog stick or the Wiimote pointer could handle movement just fine.

Never played zach & wiki.

Can anyone think of a reason m+ would be needed or how it could make the game control?
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 30, 2009, 01:33:08 AM »

The only way I can see a Wii MotionPlus Star Fox is if they make the game similar to the air plane mini game in Wii Sports Resort.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: August 30, 2009, 11:29:04 AM »
How did they prove that the Star Fox game was fake? Because that wasn't the next Nintendo Power cover?

With Wii Motion pluss I thought we could have a one handed Star Fox game. Wonder if that would be any fun. Seems like with the 64 set up you could do it all on one hand with the pointer. I would love that only if it felt as tight as SF64.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: August 30, 2009, 01:52:33 PM »

Why?

Because Nintendo is always extremely conservative with online features.

Can anyone think of a reason m+ would be needed or how it could make the game control?

Nope, Wing Island controls just fine without M+

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: August 30, 2009, 02:31:20 PM »
Ever play the Star Fox fake in Wario Ware Smooth Mooves? It controlled awesome and it was fun to play.

Also, they had that sweet position "Mortar and Pestle" which was essentially a flight stick, and that worked excellent.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: August 31, 2009, 06:41:27 PM »

The only way I can see a Wii MotionPlus Star Fox is if they make the game similar to the air plane mini game in Wii Sports Resort.

After playing the Resort Dogfight mode I felt that this is how SF Wii has to play. It would be fun and intuitive.

Also, the 'fake' link doesn't explicitly prove the rumor is debunked. Print magazines handle things differently from online news sites and they can and regularly do push back features to later issues for a number of reasons.
My Game Collection

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: August 31, 2009, 07:12:15 PM »
Isn't Nintendo's conference in October though? We might see it there... or not.

I just don't want Q Games touching the Star Fox IP. Ever again. I don't like playing fan fiction on my Nintendo DS. =/
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: August 31, 2009, 07:33:23 PM »

Why?

Because Nintendo is always extremely conservative with online features.

Nope, Wing Island controls just fine without M+

I'll give you the second one if only because i've yet to play WiiSports Resort (i know i'm a horrible fanboy, whatever) but the second one... its not like wiispeak support would be something unreasonable or out of place as an online component for a Star Fox game. I'll have to disagree with you on that one, definately.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 01, 2009, 03:51:34 AM »
I don't remember there being a DS Rumor thread, so I'll just post this here.

DSi Only games to hit retail this fall. Nintendo to let 3rd parties lead the way.
Quote from: Kotaku
Nintendo's Masato Kuwahara, project lead on the Nintendo DSi hardware, revealed that games playable only on the latest revision Nintendo DS were in the works at this year's GDC. Those first DSi-only games will hit this fall, sources tell Kotaku.

Software that will only work on a Nintendo DSi will join titles playable on a Nintendo DS or DS Lite that also feature DSi-specific enhanced capabilities, like Ubisoft's Jam Sessions 2 and My Healthy Cooking Coach. Games and apps that will only be playable on a DSi will be visually distinct from past product, sources say.

Those DSi-only games will be packaged in all-white game cases, making them stand out from the standard dark gray cases of currently available Nintendo DS games. Those cases will sport a warning that the software is only compatible with the Nintendo DSi. DSi-only game cards themselves will use a similar white plastic, but it's unclear if those re-colored cards will have any difficulty fitting into a DS or DS Lite cartridge slot.

Another unknown is if DSi-only software will take advantage of the expanded tech specs unique to the Nintendo DSi.

It appears that, like Wii MotionPlus, that Nintendo will be letting third-party publishers take the lead in offering DSi-only software. Nintendo itself has offered plenty of downloadable DSiWare games that are system specific, but it has yet to announce any DSi-only retail games as part of its future lineup. Still a risky proposition, considering the comparatively smaller userbase of the DSi platform and the possibility for consumer confusion.

We contacted Nintendo for comment on the introduction of DSi-only games this year, but the company did not respond to requests before publishing.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:55:31 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: September 01, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »
They may convince me to get a DSi before the year ends depending on what comes out this Fall.
My Game Collection

Offline GearBoxClock

• Bratwurst Bild
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • The Clock Crew
« Reply #1448 on: September 02, 2009, 11:11:00 PM »
If I had more money, I'd get a DSi. Alas, Warhammer 40,000 has stolen all my funds
Ich lasse Sauerkraut in meinem lederhosen

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Wii Price Drop!? according to Kotaku there is.
« Reply #1449 on: September 11, 2009, 11:26:59 PM »
Wii to get a Price Drop!?

http://kotaku.com/5357766/wii-price-drop-looks-to-hit-first-week-of-october
Advance retail listings forwarded to Kotaku indicate that Nintendo is planning to issue its first price drop on the Wii, with a less expensive version of the console—currently priced at $249 USD—coming the first week of October.

That listing comes from an early version of a Walmart ad that loosely dates, but does not price a "rollback" for Nintendo's console. While the ad is not official confirmation of a price drop, the timing makes sense, as the Wii is about to enter its fourth holiday shopping season at its original price.

Should Nintendo announce a price drop prior to October, it has a venue at which to do it. The company will be participating at the Kyoto Cross Media Experience 2009, a multimedia event that runs September 26th to October 4th, overlapping with the Tokyo Game Show.