Author Topic: Official SSB Brawl Announcement  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Official SSB Brawl Announcement
« on: May 11, 2006, 02:48:43 PM »
Get NOA's take on the unveiling of the new Smash Bros. game, with Wario, Solid Snake, and other new characters confirmed.

Nintendo Names New Characters in Smash Bros. Game for Wii Console    

A brawl at Nintendo's booth last night left dozens of gamers stunned --   and wanting more.

Nintendo unveiled a spectacular video of Super Smash Bros.(R) Brawl for   the company's upcoming Wii(TM) console.  The amazing footage also revealed a   variety of new Nintendo characters who will be playable in the game, including   Meta Knight, the sword-wielding nemesis of Kirby(TM); Pit, the angelic archer   from Kid Icarus(R); Zero Suit Samus, the powerful Metroid(R) series heroine   minus her versatile armor; and Wario(TM), who demonstrated a noxious attack of   gastronomic proportions.    

Nintendo also revealed that the game would include Snake, the gritty   soldier from Konami's hugely popular Metal Gear series.    

Nintendo issued the surprise announcement during the Electronic   Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, which continues through May 12.  Super   Smash Bros.(R) remains one of Nintendo's most popular franchises, both for its   fun, over-the-top battles and because it brings the most popular characters in   Nintendo's universe into one common setting.  The latest incarnation, Super   Smash Bros.(R) Melee, is the best-selling game of all time for Nintendo   GameCube(TM).

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Tuxedo.Bond

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Official SSB Brawl Announcement
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 08:40:18 PM »
Holy !@#$, Meta Knight?! Aww yeah. This is going to be one majorly sweet game.  I like the name, too.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Official SSB Brawl Announcement
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 09:11:25 PM »

Holy !@#$, Meta Knight?!
I'm assuming from that statement that you haven't seen the trailer. Go see it NOW if you know what's good for you..  
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig