Author Topic: I think I just lost all my save information.  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Chad Sexington

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • UO Thief
I think I just lost all my save information.
« on: September 18, 2013, 02:24:11 AM »

[size=78%]I was using the SD card in my 3DS temporarily for a digital camera.  I didn't delete the save data on the card.  But when I put it back into my 3DS just now, I think it reformatted and there are now to games on the card.  I assume I'll just have to redownload all the games, but all the save data is lost forever?[/size]

That really sucks.  I was really far in Donkey Kong, I was about to beat Pushmo, I was a couple hours into Ocarina of Time, same for Layton, same for Etrian Odyssey, and others...

This is what I get for having digitally downloaded games only?
12 years of Ultima Online - www.uothief.com - Twitter: @UOThief

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: I think I just lost all my save information.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 02:35:46 AM »
I occasionally use SD card in my 3DS as USB stick to get files from my work and i never had that. I only use it on my work PC though and never used on other devices.

You sure that the data from SD Card is gone? Try to mess around with folders there, it's not like you've got anything to lose now.

Also it's generally a good idea to backup your SD Card contents from time to time. You can just copy them back and forth.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 02:45:47 AM »
Have you tried putting the SD card into a computer? The "Nintendo 3DS" folder might still be on there.

I just bought a 8 GB Class 10 SDHC card for my 3DS on Sunday. Before potentially F-ing everything up like I did when I originally bought my 3DS XL, I read up on how to transfer SD card data. Nintendo's website suggests you format old cards before use and includes a link to an SDFormatter. What I'm getting at is the formatter has two options: quick format and overwrite format. With quick format, the card is formatted without erasing data so the old data may still be retrieved. I would definitely check the card before losing all hope.

Offline Chad Sexington

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • UO Thief
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 02:00:57 AM »
Eh.

I was looking at the wrong SD card.  There are a couple floating around here.  Another SD card had all the correct save information, unharmed.

(You can lock this thread.)
12 years of Ultima Online - www.uothief.com - Twitter: @UOThief

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 02:10:57 AM »
I was looking at the wrong SD card.  There are a couple floating around here.  Another SD card had all the correct save information, unharmed.
Glad it turned out all right in the end.

I should probably do a backup from my SD Card too. Just in case.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 08:58:19 PM »
I need a bigger sd card to download pokemon y, but how do you transfer the data to the bigger sd card in your computer, do you just copy the 3DS folder?
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »
Yes.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 12:55:39 PM »
I was short on room too. But I have a bunch of game demos that I cleared up to make room. But I am going to need a bigger one soon if I want to d/l another full retail game. I was debating digital/physical for Rune Factory 4.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast