Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Nintendo Gaming / Re: Boredom and Nintendo
« Last post by Luigi Dude on Today at 11:02:55 AM »
You have to figure Prime 4 is Switch 2-bound at this point.

I still think it's about 50/50.  It depends on how much progress Retro made on the game before Nintendo started getting serious on Switch 2 development.  I mean, something like Fire Emblem Engage was literally done around a year before release but Nintendo intentionally sat on the game because they wanted to get the 3 Houses Warriors game out first before starting a new mainline installment.  Plus Tears of the Kingdom was done in 2022, but they spend the next year just bug testing to make sure everything worked right.

So if Retro managed to have this game mostly done by last year, then I could see Nintendo sitting on it to release in the second half of this year once they realized the Switch successor wouldn't be out in 2024.  Otherwise if there was any major delays, then I expect it was moved to the Switch Successor as soon as it's dev kits became available.
f the New Super Switch 2 U is 100% b/c with Switch, unless there is a significant price difference, I could see a lot of folks just buying the newer system.

This is where the Switch Lite will play a major role.  The Switch Successor will probably cost $350 at the very least, so people that want the hybrid model the difference in price might not be as great, but for people wanting to buy the cheaper handheld only model for kids, that will be a big difference.  Especially since it's doubtful the Switch Successor will have a handheld only lite model until at least a year after launch.

Plus if Nintendo cuts the price of the regular Switch and Switch Lite either later this year or next year, and the Switch Lite is price at around $150, that right there will guarantee a few million Switch sales after the successor is released. 
« Last post by M.K.Ultra on Today at 10:29:10 AM »
Day 627. There is little water, no food and definitely no nintendo directs.
There is a Direct announced, now somebody get Dinar some food and water!
TalkBack / Re: ESRB Posts Rating For
« Last post by BlackNMild2k1 on Today at 10:22:29 AM »
Announcement trailer dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDV0LdtxkrA

150 or so challenges, multi-player, online leaderboards and other stuff mentioned in the trailer.
Sure, there were some people who did.  Sorry if I made it sound absolute.
Thinking more about this, I don't think a lot of folks traded in their 3DS to buy Switches because they couldn't play 3DS titles on the Switch.

I literally did that.

Likewise, folks didn't trade in their DS to buy 3DS systems, since they'd lose that GBA compatibility.

Yep, did that too. Especially back then, we game on a budget.
« Last post by broodwars on Yesterday at 06:59:21 PM »
Yep they always have a big Direct in June, as long as something like covid doesn't mess it up like in 2020.  And look at that, Nintendo just announced a big Direct in June this year that will show off the second half of the 2024 Switch games.

Hoping for an announcement of more GameCube & Wii U Remasters, myself. A Skies of Arcadia remaster (yes, a Sega game, I know, but just let me have this one) and a Yoshi's Woolly World port would make me pretty happy. You have to figure Prime 4 is Switch 2-bound at this point.
Thinking more about this, I don't think a lot of folks traded in their 3DS to buy Switches because they couldn't play 3DS titles on the Switch.

Likewise, folks didn't trade in their DS to buy 3DS systems, since they'd lose that GBA compatibility.

I wonder how many GCN-Compatible Wii were even still on the market to buy when the Wii U came out.  I'd say the 2m that sold were for Wii support alone.  Maybe collectors picking up Minis at the end of life?
With the 3DS, even with the online features shut down, I think Nintendo could re-release the 3DS in stores right now and folks would snap them up.  It's legitimately insane the prices they're going for now.  I do think one thing that helped the 3DS sale is knowing there were so many amazing DS/3DS titles that you *cannot* play on Switch.  If the New Super Switch 2 U is 100% b/c with Switch, unless there is a significant price difference, I could see a lot of folks just buying the newer system.

That said, I don't see a *lot* of used Switches for sale.  They exist (definitely on-line), but it seems to be a seller's market, for sure.  If there's not a significant amount of used systems at the end of the life cycle (which, I think, happened with the 3DS, as most owner's chose to hang on to theirs), that'd help boost sales of the original as well.

We'll see.  I definitely am not counting Nintendo out.
Nintendo doesn't have a stellar track record of first party support once the new system launches

We already know a sequel to Pokemon Legends is coming out next year.  Plus I expect the next mainline Pokemon game will still come out next Holiday as well for the Switch, similar to how Black and White came out for the DS after the 3DS was released.  Yeah in Japan Black and White came out before the 3DS but even there Black and White 2 come out over 1.5 year after the 3DS was released.  That was still a huge release for the original DS to have well after the 3DS .  I still expect several more remasters and remakes to hit the Switch in the next 2 years, since they'll be a cheaper way to still sell games to the Switch massive user base.  So I imagine the Switch post successor support will at least be similar to the DS and 3DS post successor lineup.

So if the DS could sell 7 million after its successor and the 3DS over 13 million, I don't see how the Switch doesn't at least do something between that range.  Unless they just stop making units next year which I find hard to believe when they still made 13 million more 3DS after the Switch was released and the 3DS was performing way worse toward the end of its life then the Switch is right now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10