Author Topic: New Forum Game - Be a Narc for Unclebob  (Read 9755 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Game - Be a Narc for Unclebob
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »
Pizza The Hut.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 03:10:47 AM »
Aw man, Pizza Hut quality has really went down hill. I ordered extra sauce, double cheese, hardly any sauce, hardly any cheese.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2010, 03:32:36 AM »
Finally, I can tell the two of us apart.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2010, 03:43:14 AM »
WHY HAVE I BEEN SQUARED? I AM NOT A SQUARE GIVE PRO BACK HI IM DAISY

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2010, 03:56:29 AM »
Aw man, Pizza Hut quality has really went down hill. I ordered extra sauce, double cheese, hardly any sauce, hardly any cheese.

That just means the store you order from sucks and doesn't follow specs. You ask for it at my store and you get your extra goodies because our make crew rocks. Our lead make person can do the work of 3 average workers at once. She's that fast and everything she makes looks amazing. Calling the 1-800 complaint number or responding online gets a stores attention really fast. I got a guy who called the store yesterday asking for the 800 number because of an incident earlier that day before I got there and he didn't want to deal with store level people anymore and a fax from the region supervisor regarding the complaint came into our store a few hours later. 800 line complaints are typically viewed as very bad in a lot of stores because the higherups think you fail utterly if someone doesn't get their problem solved and called that number.

In summary: 800 complaint = epic fail.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2010, 10:52:53 PM »
I haven't had Pizza Hut in a good long while, but I remember it being pretty good, albeit greasy.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 11:18:08 PM »
Mop it up seems to have a complicate relationship with food.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 02:09:23 PM »
I have this feeling that you're not someone to talk to about food being too greasy, ShyGuy. You and I are probably the exact opposite when it comes to food; you live to eat, and I eat to live.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »
Can't we have a healthy balance of the two? Eating and Living coexisting in harmony?

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »
No! That sounds like some sort of "compromise"
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 05:25:16 PM »

That just means the store you order from sucks and doesn't follow specs. You ask for it at my store and you get your extra goodies because our make crew rocks. Our lead make person can do the work of 3 average workers at once. She's that fast and everything she makes looks amazing. Calling the 1-800 complaint number or responding online gets a stores attention really fast. I got a guy who called the store yesterday asking for the 800 number because of an incident earlier that day before I got there and he didn't want to deal with store level people anymore and a fax from the region supervisor regarding the complaint came into our store a few hours later. 800 line complaints are typically viewed as very bad in a lot of stores because the higherups think you fail utterly if someone doesn't get their problem solved and called that number.

what about emailing thru the site? oh wait, that was dominoes nevermind. I once wrote two angry emails because two seperate franchise locations told me they couldn't deliver pizza on a friday night because "they ran out of pizza" lol. I woulda been okay with it if there weren't incredibly rude and nasty about it on the phone though.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 06:14:22 PM »
Pizzahut.com is broken.
I'm gonna report that to the 800 number.

you have to select delivery if you want to order a pizza online otherwise it deletes your order and/or won't let you proceed any further until you select delivery.

it is very annoying and I want to order some damn pizza for $10.
And whats with Any Pizza Any Toppings Any Size for only $10
(stuff crust is additional, not double topping on specialty and only 3 topping on custom orders)

what kinda double speak false advertising is that? I'm mad. I've been trying to order a pizza online for close to an hour. Between $10 online deals on pizza hut.com not working and internet codes at Domino's pizza online not working in my favor, I'm very irritated right now.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:17:28 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 07:26:39 PM »
At my store we are fully aware of the online being broken. We get random orders from the internet for Seattle even though we are an hour away from there. From what I hear the online interface is clunky and unintuitive so I encourage you all to complain to corporate about that. The more people who complain, the more likely they will change it. Dominos has an easy online system, why not us?

You can order carry out online because people do it all the time at my store. I'll ask them about the experience and see if I can get back to you on that matter.

Yeah, the wording can be misleading. The funny thing is in our area the system did the update wrong and it didn't charge extra for extra cheese and double toppings. But they changed that now. One of the other shift managers had to pause the TV comercial just to find the fine print that said all that. Also, as a heads up, the promo is supposed to last till some time in March. They keep extending it.

what about emailing thru the site? oh wait, that was dominoes nevermind. I once wrote two angry emails because two seperate franchise locations told me they couldn't deliver pizza on a friday night because "they ran out of pizza" lol. I woulda been okay with it if there weren't incredibly rude and nasty about it on the phone though.

It can happen. More commonly in stores with poor management but even the better ones can be caught off guard. Especially with the newer requirements about throwing out dough sooner and also scaring the management to not make extra even though the cost to throw out unused dough is marginal versus turning down customers who want something. This is a strong point of contention I have with the corporate policy because it places us managers in a damned if you do-damned if you don't state. Make extra dough and throw it out (and get yelled at) or tell a customer we are out of product. Though rarely is a store out of EVERYTHING and I would venture to guess they are just being lazy and giving up. There are still buffalo wings and thin crust pizza (thins come pre-packaged and just have to be thawed 1st which doesn't take long, and you typically don;t run out of those unless the person doing inventory sucks). We are constantly watching the dough and making more ASAP when it starts running low.

Though last night was a nightmare because our store manager screwed us over. Since Saturday was dead she cut the prep plan in half for Sunday without considering the big games that are determining the Superbowl were on that day. I walked in early to check my schedule, helped out a bit because of how busy it was, then got called back in early because they were running out of everything and it was only 3PM! Though me (I am the Sunday closing manager) and the opening manager got to grill the boss for it good. The opening manager called her and chewed her out for doing all for that and forced her to come in and help us deal with the extra business.
My Game Collection

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 01:15:01 AM »
At my store we are fully aware of the online being broken. We get random orders from the internet for Seattle even though we are an hour away from there. From what I hear the online interface is clunky and unintuitive so I encourage you all to complain to corporate about that. The more people who complain, the more likely they will change it. Dominos has an easy online system, why not us?

You can order carry out online because people do it all the time at my store. I'll ask them about the experience and see if I can get back to you on that matter.

Yeah, the wording can be misleading. The funny thing is in our area the system did the update wrong and it didn't charge extra for extra cheese and double toppings. But they changed that now. One of the other shift managers had to pause the TV comercial just to find the fine print that said all that. Also, as a heads up, the promo is supposed to last till some time in March. They keep extending it.

It can happen. More commonly in stores with poor management but even the better ones can be caught off guard. Especially with the newer requirements about throwing out dough sooner and also scaring the management to not make extra even though the cost to throw out unused dough is marginal versus turning down customers who want something. This is a strong point of contention I have with the corporate policy because it places us managers in a damned if you do-damned if you don't state. Make extra dough and throw it out (and get yelled at) or tell a customer we are out of product. Though rarely is a store out of EVERYTHING and I would venture to guess they are just being lazy and giving up. There are still buffalo wings and thin crust pizza (thins come pre-packaged and just have to be thawed 1st which doesn't take long, and you typically don;t run out of those unless the person doing inventory sucks). We are constantly watching the dough and making more ASAP when it starts running low.

Though last night was a nightmare because our store manager screwed us over. Since Saturday was dead she cut the prep plan in half for Sunday without considering the big games that are determining the Superbowl were on that day. I walked in early to check my schedule, helped out a bit because of how busy it was, then got called back in early because they were running out of everything and it was only 3PM! Though me (I am the Sunday closing manager) and the opening manager got to grill the boss for it good. The opening manager called her and chewed her out for doing all for that and forced her to come in and help us deal with the extra business.

This is total chaos... why doesn't "boss" and "manager" mean the same thing anymore?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010, 04:13:09 AM »
I was using it interchangeably. There is the Restaurant General Manager who runs the store (technically my 'boss') and then several of us Shift Managers. The RGM closed Saturday and cut the prep list in half because of how slow it was that day. So the opening shift manager walked into the store in the morning unprepared to face what was to come dough wise. Thankfully if were on top of things we can make more in a short time frame but if it's really busy its hard to both make dough and handle the business.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 02:55:05 PM »
I think I have yet to tip a pizza man in actual cash.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 04:45:35 PM »

I've been tipped in beer before.
My Game Collection

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 05:08:21 PM »
I was using it interchangeably. There is the Restaurant General Manager who runs the store (technically my 'boss') and then several of us Shift Managers. The RGM closed Saturday and cut the prep list in half because of how slow it was that day. So the opening shift manager walked into the store in the morning unprepared to face what was to come dough wise. Thankfully if were on top of things we can make more in a short time frame but if it's really busy its hard to both make dough and handle the business.

That's part of the problem

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 05:30:09 PM »
Tell me about it. The old policy was better where they said dough was good for two days when stored properly. Then you didn't have to worry about making too much because you'd use the rest the next day. But I guess some stores were trying to use dough that was older than that so they changed the whole company policy instead of punishing the people who were doing it wrong.

Don't even get me started on their labor policy. I cannot staff a store to properly run without using 'too much labor'. I need to have enough people to make sure every customer gets a pleasant experience with quality product but their expectations do no permit me to staff our store that way. I don't like having delivery times over an hour long...

The situation on Sunday I primarily blame on poor communication and foresight. As an RGM it is your responsibility to know about all the major sporting events, holidays and weather patterns that can impact your sales.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 09:47:30 PM »

I've been tipped in beer before.

That's what I'm saying. I usually just invite them inside for a quick smoke and all is well.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2010, 01:21:03 AM »
I cannot staff a store to properly run without using 'too much labor'.

Sounds like a good metaphor/complaint waiting to be presented to your superiors.

"You know what pizza tastes like when you don't use enough ingredients?..."

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2010, 03:12:20 AM »
Can't we have a healthy balance of the two? Eating and Living coexisting in harmony?
You can try, but rarely does that work out.