Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 495501 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #225 on: December 05, 2008, 04:01:10 PM »
Its not just that, I go thru this with all new games I buy because I know theres still so many left unfinished and I'm just wasting money. The reason AC is bothering me so much is I know how similar it is to the games i already have and neglect, so its mind boggling that I actually wanna spend money on it (and wiispeak) just to play it once the day I open it, and forget about it. Thats what makes it different than other titles I want to pick up but probably won't any time soon (like Skate it or the Korg DS-10)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 05, 2008, 04:05:02 PM »
(but I WILL!)

YOU HAD BETTER!!!!11!!11!11111!
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 05, 2008, 08:14:14 PM »
I didn't have much fun in WW. It was so much like the GC game it lost it charms.  Anyway I have this in my possession since I got it for 10 bucks I thought I'd give it another go.

Can you tell when friends have come online yet? Or do you have to go through a menu to find out?
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 05, 2008, 08:22:53 PM »
Can you tell when friends have come online yet? Or do you have to go through a menu to find out?

If you attempt to open your gate, Copper will inform you if another friend has a gate open...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 05, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »
Can the gate be left open or anything?

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2008, 12:37:19 AM »
I think you can.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2008, 12:38:17 AM »
No, the gate closes as soon as you open it....................

OF COURSE it stays open... >=|

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2008, 01:16:04 AM »
well with WW you couldn't leave the gate open. If you leave it open does it tell you if people come online?

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2008, 01:43:31 AM »
well with WW you couldn't leave the gate open. If you leave it open does it tell you if people come online?

I could have sworn you could in WW, but eh...And no, you just have to trust that when your buddies open up their towns, they'll see that yours is open and go to it... =)

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2008, 01:52:04 AM »
ahh got ya

ta-thanks

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline White Mage

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2008, 08:25:23 AM »
Gah, I'm dying without the game.  Having to send you Wii into Nintendo for repairs merely a week after you purchase Animal Crossing is some kind of weird torture.  Not only am I paranoid that they're not going to be able to keep my saved game data intact, but also that even if they do, something will be messed up on Animal Crossing forcing me to start over.

Not to mention all the weeds I'm going to have to pull!
Wii Code:  5059 7465 0039 6632
The Conduit: 1419 7264 9585
AC: City Folk 0388 2629 6780 | Name: Matthew | Town: Adatopia

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2008, 10:59:55 AM »
give em to Stogi
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2008, 12:46:05 PM »
lol
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #238 on: December 07, 2008, 01:33:01 AM »
Don't know if anyone has discovered this, but I was watching a detailed video tour of CF when they explained a new feature in town hall which I think is pretty neat.

When you talk to either Pelly or Phyllis  at town hall one of the new features is called "I have a problem". This is actually Nintendo's way of censoring the game. When you select it, you choose one of your villagers. When you do, they will ask you what is the specific problem. The options given are: Bad catchphrase, bad letter or horrible clothes.

If the host is to be believed, this censors any questionable behavior you may have gotten while playing online.

For example, if you have a new villager that came from another village and his or her catchphrase was "b*tch", you select the "bad catchphrase" and it erases it. If that villager shows you a letter that confirms that the previous village owner was a closet furry (you know who YOU are...) you can delete that letter at the house. Finally, if the villager is wearing a shirt with the nazi logo on it you select "horrible clothes" and it reverts to the villager's original design.

Not a big feature per say, but its a pretty neat one, especially for parents who may have gamer friends with dirty minds and don't want their kids or someone else finding that (not to mention it saves Nintendo's skin if they get a complaint about it).
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 07, 2008, 02:38:55 AM »
If putting a warning about epileptic seizures on the box and in the manual for every game doesn't save Nintendo from lawsuits over epileptic seizures, this won't do anything to deter crazy parents :P  Plus, while it's better than nothing, you only have the ability to delete the letter AFTER your cute little daughter asks you what an anthropomorphic hermaphrodite fuckbuddy is.

I actually dont know what the point of my post is now that I think about it.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2008, 02:43:06 AM »
whateva it happens.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »
I'm still looking for coconuts if anyone can get me 1-2 of them. I have oranges and some extra pieces of the Mario set.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2008, 08:30:21 PM »
I'm still looking for coconuts if anyone can get me 1-2 of them. I have oranges and some extra pieces of the Mario set.

I have some, what extras do you have?
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2008, 08:41:14 PM »
If putting a warning about epileptic seizures on the box and in the manual for every game doesn't save Nintendo from lawsuits over epileptic seizures, this won't do anything to deter crazy parents :P  Plus, while it's better than nothing, you only have the ability to delete the letter AFTER your cute little daughter asks you what an anthropomorphic hermaphrodite ****buddy is.

I actually dont know what the point of my post is now that I think about it.

I just find it funny how one way to eliminate unwanted content from CF is by going to town hall and complaining about it. Its adds an element of witty humor to the game, especially if you have dealt with annoying neighbors before :p .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Gylldas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 08, 2008, 01:26:19 AM »
I stumbled across that feature about a week after getting the game.  At the time though I thought it was a way to kick villagers out of town.  I'd like to play AC with you guys but as of Thanksgiving break the Wii's not at school with me (probably a good thing).  My mom confiscated it because she loves the game so much.  :o

Gotta wait till Christmas break. Aww shucks.
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #245 on: December 08, 2008, 02:43:40 AM »
One question, how many of you are playing City Folk with Wii Speak?

I ask because I asked the game for Christmas and want to know if I should invest on the Wii Speak bundle.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 08, 2008, 03:24:22 AM »
I didn't get Wii Speak. I do need to get a keyboard. This was made clear when I visited SB's town (which is beautiful BTW and he was super nice) and it was so tedious typing with the Wiimote!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 08, 2008, 08:42:24 AM »
Yeah it takes so long to type with the Wiimote, makes it impossible to keep up with a conversation of someone using Wii Speak.

I'm collecting tyres. If anyone could save me one when you accidentally fish one out of the ocean or whatever, i'll buy it for 10,000 bells.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 08, 2008, 10:06:17 AM »
Hey I have  keyboard also. I didn't know you could use them both!

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #249 on: December 08, 2008, 10:47:56 AM »
I didn't get Wii Speak. I do need to get a keyboard. This was made clear when I visited SB's town (which is beautiful BTW and he was super nice) and it was so tedious typing with the Wiimote!

Beauty...one word I would never used to describe anything SB :p.

Does the game support normal USB keyboards or do you have to buy a Wi specific one?

I was thinking of getting both the keyboard and Wii Speak I either get to shy to talk over Wii Speak or my heavy accent gets in the way.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer