Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 495462 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2008, 10:11:43 AM »
In the video the player put away the net and got bit afterwards.

Ah, I missed that, but you're right: he has the slingshot out at the end.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2008, 01:48:33 PM »
Thus far, the new stuff I've found out about in this game:

-You can cycle tools by tapping left or right on the dpad and put away any held tool by pressing down. This is a godsend timesaver.

-Villagers will now play hide and seek with you in an event that will interrupt gameplay and have them hiding around town. You'll get a prize for finding them all.

-Insects will now react to your net being out. Not only will scorps/tarantulas be harmless unless you have your net out, but some other insects will flee from you.

-Villagers will lose their housekey and you can fish it out of the river for a reward. Their door will be locked in the meantime.

-You'll need an "invite" to bring someone into Redd's little back alley shop, and after being invited, Redd gives you one as well which is actually a letter you can send to someone.

-The Resetti lair is reachable. :)

-Introduction of "Silver" tools as well, which have different effects from their golden counterparts.

-Today, a villager asked me what I was up to and my reply option was "That 'Thing'" to which he replied "Oh, yeah, that 'thing'". I have no idea what I just told him, but I can only assume it involves yiffing.

-Looks like you can talk to animals outside their houses before they move out of town (you won't always find them with their furniture packed).

I'll add more as I come across them.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 02:03:49 PM by Smash_Brother »
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2008, 02:33:56 PM »
From what I read, if you make donations to the City they will add new stuff to your villages, like better roads, fountains and bridges.

If I am not mistaken, the bridges was something Mayor Tortimer gave you in the original game. I don't think this ever happened in Wild World, but I know for sure that the bridges, roads and fountains are new to City Folk.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2008, 03:25:51 PM »
At some point in the first one, Tortimer showed up and asked where you wanted the bridge, but that was it.

****, this is actually giving me a reason to farm up some serious cash for a change. I can't care that much about my house, but being able to enhance the town is pretty meaningful.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2008, 03:32:39 PM »
Great observations! I was curious if there was any redemtion for buying counterfeit paintings- in Wild World you can sell them to Resetti, but in City Folk you're stuck with them.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2008, 03:44:59 PM »
At some point in the first one, Tortimer showed up and asked where you wanted the bridge, but that was it.

****, this is actually giving me a reason to farm up some serious cash for a change. I can't care that much about my house, but being able to enhance the town is pretty meaningful.

This is what you must do in order to earn the town features:
A fountain built in town: Donate 500,000 Bells

A new bridge built in town: Donate 200,000 Bells

A windmill or a lighthouse built in town: Donate 1,000,000 Bells (there was a lighthouse in the original, but the windmill is brand new)

Oh, and remember how you wanted Nintendo characters to appear in AC? Well...technically...it can happen.

City Folk actually has brand new clothing items based on Nintendo characters, including Midna's Mask, the Varia Suit (Metroid) and even Majora's Mask. You earn them by saving up points with Nook.

It seems Nook's points are actually worth something in City Folk...

EDIT: Oh yeah, one new addition is that you can now design the front AND the back of your shirt.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 03:59:42 PM by pap64 »
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2008, 04:08:22 PM »
Great observations! I was curious if there was any redemtion for buying counterfeit paintings- in Wild World you can sell them to Resetti, but in City Folk you're stuck with them.

Sell to...Resetti? Do you mean Nook, or could you actually do that?

So a lighthouse OR a windmill? Hmm...I want both.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2008, 04:09:43 PM »
Oops I meant sell to Nook and Lyle. :P
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2008, 04:11:22 PM »
Ah okay. It'd be really awesome if Resetti or someone else would buy things from you at a higher price than Nook because they wanted them.

This gives me a genuine reason to put my mad angling skills back into action. I'm yawning at the idea of paying Nook another 10,000,000 bells just to have more room for crap in my house so the Nazi Room Association can hold me up to standards I never cared about in the first place.

But donating it to the town to add features to it is something I've wanted to do since the GC AC. :D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 04:31:12 PM by Smash_Brother »

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2008, 04:16:21 PM »
Ah k.

It'd be really awesome if Resetti or someone else would buy things from you at a higher price than Nook because they wanted them.

Yeah it would since Lyle is "promoted" to a desk job in the city. I guess that's what the Auction House is for, but it seems like more of a hassle.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2008, 10:58:16 AM »
I was wrong about something: scorpions and tarantulas are going to be just as much of a dangerous hunt as they were in WW, if not more so.

Not only do they charge you insanely fast, but they also will randomly not charge you when you pull out your net, meaning the random AI is still very much alive and well. :)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2008, 11:16:40 AM »
Stop time-traveling, you heathen! ='D
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2008, 01:42:14 PM »

Who said anything about time traveling?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2008, 01:52:43 PM »
So hows the voice chat? I've been skimming this thread on and off but i dont remember hearing anything about it.

Who sounds like a girl??
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2008, 01:55:04 PM »
Who here's a predator?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2008, 02:00:27 PM »
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2008, 02:03:30 PM »
Normally that would be me but i cut my dreads years ago!

god bless the instant rimshot

Where can I get the instant "awkward silence with cricket sounds"?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:11:31 PM by pap64 »
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2008, 02:19:47 PM »
It's the funniest thing about your post!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2008, 02:59:33 PM »
Normally that would be me but i cut my dreads years ago!

god bless the instant rimshot

Where can I get the instant "awkward silence with cricket sounds"?

why is THAT running rampant on our forums?

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2008, 03:10:31 PM »
This is what you must do in order to earn the town features:
A fountain built in town: Donate 500,000 Bells

A new bridge built in town: Donate 200,000 Bells

A windmill or a lighthouse built in town: Donate 1,000,000 Bells (there was a lighthouse in the original, but the windmill is brand new)

Oh, and remember how you wanted Nintendo characters to appear in AC? Well...technically...it can happen.

City Folk actually has brand new clothing items based on Nintendo characters, including Midna's Mask, the Varia Suit (Metroid) and even Majora's Mask. You earn them by saving up points with Nook.

It seems Nook's points are actually worth something in City Folk...

EDIT: Oh yeah, one new addition is that you can now design the front AND the back of your shirt.

Better than that, as a matter of fact. You can design the front, the back AND both sleeves. In other words, there are four separate designs for each Pro t-shirt you make at the Able Sisters.

Also, about the other new feature that offers Nintendo-themed items for saving Tom Nook's points... here's the full list of them:

500 points - Banana (Mario Kart)
800 points - Triple Shells (Mario Kart)
1,000 points - Yoshi's Egg
2,500 points - Bad Bro 'stache (Wario)
3,000 points - Toad Hat
4,000 points - Peach's Parasol
5,000 points - Hero's Clothes, Varia Suit or Wario Hat
6,000 points - Hero's Cap, Samus' Helmet, or Majora's Mask
6,500 points - Midna's Mask (Twilight Princess)
10,000 points - Kart (Mario Kart)

I'm totally saving up for the Samus Aran outfit.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2008, 03:36:39 PM »

Who's time traveling? I set the town time to July right off the bat and live as if I'm on the other side of the world from everyone else.

That way, when I visit other people and people visit me, we're not all looking at the exact same scenery, bugs, fish, etc.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:03:38 AM by Smash_Brother »

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2008, 05:53:09 PM »
Damn I hate cheats. I wouldn't even do that and it'd make sense for me too since the seasons are the wrong way around in the Aus version.

Offline Tanatoes

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2008, 11:24:43 PM »
Because the view doesn't show the sky like in Wild World should we assume there won't be anymore shooting stars? Granted I run into a lot of floating presents, but I liked the wishing star since there weren't a lot of night activities.

Actually, you can tilt the camera using the D-Pad to see the sky.  Indeed I had shooting stars on my second day, but couldn't find any way to wish on them.  Anybody have any ideas?
-------
Why can't Wii be friends?  0639 9148 4145 6376

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2008, 02:23:02 AM »
So hows the voice chat? I've been skimming this thread on and off but i dont remember hearing anything about it.

It works. It simply works. Depending on your connection, there may be some occasional echoing, but for the most part it works the way it should. Makes it easy to find people, find animals etc.

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2008, 10:09:26 AM »
Damn I hate cheats. I wouldn't even do that and it'd make sense for me too since the seasons are the wrong way around in the Aus version.

I live in NH. It's already a frigid wasteland outside and I play games to escape.

Once summer rolls around, I'll be enjoying strolling through a wintery forest.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:13:37 AM by Smash_Brother »