Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 494140 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #2225 on: August 29, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »
Last night, Maxi was inside his house, just watching the telly. GoldenPhoenix came in and brought him a rose from outside, and do you know what he said?
"Put it back."
Ouch. Rejection hurts. That's the saddest thing I've ever seen in Animal Crossing.

Also said he didn't like me!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2226 on: August 29, 2009, 06:22:54 PM »
When people bury things that isn't theirs then stand over said item and then laughs about it it tends to get me to not like the person.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: August 29, 2009, 06:35:53 PM »
Drama like this makes me want to get back into Animal Crossing.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: August 29, 2009, 07:06:03 PM »
When people bury things that isn't theirs then stand over said item and then laughs about it it tends to get me to not like the person.
Aw, lighten up, GoldenPhoenix was just playing around.

Ha ha, yeah, you should. Sometimes it is like a soap opera gone horribly right.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: August 29, 2009, 09:16:14 PM »
The funniest part was when Maxi got bad went home and went to bed in his house lol. It was adorable.

BTW I'm turning on the game now!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: August 29, 2009, 09:45:03 PM »
Aw, lighten up, GoldenPhoenix was just playing around.

Ha ha, yeah, you should. Sometimes it is like a soap opera gone horribly right.

Reminds me of the orioginal AC ads where they made it seam like a reality, Real World, type show. With city folks online play, those types of ads would be much more appropriate.

The funniest part was when Maxi got bad went home and went to bed in his house lol. It was adorable.

BTW I'm turning on the game now!

Wow.. that it pretty cute lol

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get my wii to properly connect to the internet. I can use the internet channel, send wiimails, shop etc but matchmaking just doesn't work for me and nintendos support page doesn't really help. I've tried getting help from Pro but I still can't seem to get thru my routers firewall dammit.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: August 29, 2009, 10:00:41 PM »
I can use the internet channel, send wiimails, shop etc but matchmaking just doesn't work for me and nintendos support page doesn't really help.
How exactly does it not work? Will it not connect at all or does it disconnect right away? I once used an unstable connection which would disconnect on the menu in Mario Kart after about a minute, but if I hurried up and got into a race, it worked fine. It was weird.

I'm not sure what a firewall is but can't you temporarily disable it?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: August 29, 2009, 10:45:52 PM »
its different depending on the game. For instance with mario kart or the conduit, I can access their lobbies and see who is online but actually connecting to other players is a no go. I'll either get an error code message right away or be stuck waiting for it to connect for 5 mins then have an errror message come up. In mario karts case, such an error message takes you back to the main menu (as all 1st part wfc games do, I believe) and its very annoying. At least the conduit keeps me connected to wi-fi so I don't have to sign back in.

In animals crossings case, I can look to see who has an open gate and get a player list, but be unable to connect. Opening my gate is a little different.. sometimes I'll get an error right away, other times the gate will open but, again, I just won't be able to connect to other players. In this last scenario, you'd see me online but you'd get the communication error message when trying to connect.

I've gone into my router settings and there's no option to simply disable the firewall but I've tried things suggested to me like setting up a static IP for my wii, port forwarding said IP and even setting up the DMZ host..thingy. all this stuff is like a second language to me but I did the best I could trying to set everything up the way I've been told, but I must be doing something wrong.

The real pain in the ass is that I'm fucked no matter what cuz every other option available won't work:

-can't use the LAN adapter for reasons stated above

-can't use the USB wi-fi adapter because or corrupted files on my computer, which because of other corrupted files (possible virus infection) won't allow me to redownload whatever is necissary for it to work

-can't connect to neighboring wi-fi access points because they're either unstable, password locked, or just not there. For the longest time I used someones connection entitled "my connection bitches" but they wised up and put a password in place. Now the only unsecure connection is so piss poor, it won't allow my wii to connect to it.

/angry face
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: August 29, 2009, 10:55:14 PM »
GoldenPhoenix, where are you?

I'm sorry to hear about that EasyCure. I'm afraid I can't help you because I don't know anything about this kind of stuff. If I had a problem like that I'd call up my brother and ask if he could come fix it; perhaps you know someone who might be able to come and check it out?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: August 29, 2009, 11:31:08 PM »
GoldenPhoenix, where are you?

I'm sorry to hear about that EasyCure. I'm afraid I can't help you because I don't know anything about this kind of stuff. If I had a problem like that I'd call up my brother and ask if he could come fix it; perhaps you know someone who might be able to come and check it out?

I'm ready now! I was taking a nap (almost fell asleep while playing earlier). Just reopened my gate.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: August 29, 2009, 11:54:54 PM »
Alright now where are you? I'm this close to robbing you...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: August 30, 2009, 12:47:01 AM »
Argh sorry! I was cleaning up a personal issue that developed wthin the last hour! I'm coming on NOW

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: August 31, 2009, 02:08:24 PM »
I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get my wii to properly connect to the internet. I can use the internet channel, send wiimails, shop etc but matchmaking just doesn't work for me and nintendos support page doesn't really help. I've tried getting help from Pro but I still can't seem to get thru my routers firewall dammit.

Something similar happened to me late last year.  I could connect to the Internet channel and download from the shop channel, but I couldn't play games online, connect to the Everybody Votes channel or send Wii-mails.  I eventually had to send back my system and get a new one (luckily it was still under warranty from the last repair).
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: August 31, 2009, 03:16:46 PM »
I think your firewall may have some ports blocked off that are keeping the game from connecting to other people. Unfortunately I've gotten very rusty with those things and it will be difficult for me to explain without being there and trying things myself. Are you willing to reset your router to the default settings? What router and internet provider do you have?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2239 on: August 31, 2009, 04:36:37 PM »
its different depending on the game. For instance with mario kart or the conduit, I can access their lobbies and see who is online but actually connecting to other players is a no go. I'll either get an error code message right away or be stuck waiting for it to connect for 5 mins then have an errror message come up. In mario karts case, such an error message takes you back to the main menu (as all 1st part wfc games do, I believe) and its very annoying. At least the conduit keeps me connected to wi-fi so I don't have to sign back in.

In animals crossings case, I can look to see who has an open gate and get a player list, but be unable to connect. Opening my gate is a little different.. sometimes I'll get an error right away, other times the gate will open but, again, I just won't be able to connect to other players. In this last scenario, you'd see me online but you'd get the communication error message when trying to connect.

I've gone into my router settings and there's no option to simply disable the firewall but I've tried things suggested to me like setting up a static IP for my wii, port forwarding said IP and even setting up the DMZ host..thingy. all this stuff is like a second language to me but I did the best I could trying to set everything up the way I've been told, but I must be doing something wrong.

The real pain in the ass is that I'm fucked no matter what cuz every other option available won't work:

-can't use the LAN adapter for reasons stated above

-can't use the USB wi-fi adapter because or corrupted files on my computer, which because of other corrupted files (possible virus infection) won't allow me to redownload whatever is necissary for it to work

-can't connect to neighboring wi-fi access points because they're either unstable, password locked, or just not there. For the longest time I used someones connection entitled "my connection bitches" but they wised up and put a password in place. Now the only unsecure connection is so piss poor, it won't allow my wii to connect to it.

/angry face

Send me the router's make and model #.  I'll read its manual.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: August 31, 2009, 11:45:34 PM »
OK, I found my disc...in the Resort case...under the Conduit disc that was in there as well. I need to use the CD book I have instead of leaving my discs all over the place.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: August 31, 2009, 11:59:29 PM »
Ha ha, yeah, you need to get organized!
So does this mean you're going to be on soon?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: September 01, 2009, 01:56:18 PM »
It was nice playing again. No animals left, since Robin left before I stopped playing and Hopper stayed.

The only really sad thing was most of my hybrids died. Thanks for the extra flowers, Mop it up.
My Game Collection

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: September 01, 2009, 02:05:08 PM »
I won't be able to play until Friday MAYBE

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2244 on: September 01, 2009, 02:35:28 PM »
Do the animals die if you leave them too long?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: September 01, 2009, 02:38:54 PM »
No, they move away and then if you see them in the city, they either lose their memories of you or pretend they don't really know you.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: September 01, 2009, 05:41:51 PM »
They will sometimes move to someone on your friend list's town, and if that happens they'll recognize you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: September 02, 2009, 02:01:22 PM »
They will sometimes move to someone on your friend list's town, and if that happens they'll recognize you.

Really, that's interesting. I think Buck moved to Insano's town, but we aren't on speaking terms since he never gave me a chance to talk him out of going.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: September 02, 2009, 05:36:57 PM »
Did everyone manage to catch the bugs and fish which are no longer available after August?
If not, here's your second chance! I still have my calendar set behind because I'm trying to catch up without missing a day, so I'm still on August 20th. If you missed something which is no longer available here in September, let me know what it is, and we can set up a time for you to come visit and try to catch it.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: September 02, 2009, 05:38:30 PM »
Did everyone manage to catch the bugs and fish which are no longer available after August?
If not, here's your second chance! I still have my calendar set behind because I'm trying to catch up without missing a day, so I'm still on August 20th. If you missed something which is no longer available here in September, let me know what it is, and we can set up a time for you to come visit and try to catch it.

I've been so bad about not paying attention to the fish that are available. I have 5 or 6 left and I'm afraid a couple of those may have been from that period of months where I lost the game