Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Help  (Read 5391 times)

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Resident Evil 4 Help
« on: January 17, 2005, 03:46:23 PM »
Since no one started this the moment the game came out, figure I'd start it.

I'm in the 2nd chapter part 3 as of this writing, so if you're not there, don't read the spoilers. You've been warned.

I'm at the point where I got a note where it says I have two paths. One says its got a lot of Ganados (The barely human types) and another El Gigante (big mother trucker). I've got enough Pistol ammo to last a while, but short on shotgun ammo. Any suggestions?

Also, if anyone wants to post what weapons they use, tatics (That's some smart A.I) etc, go for it.

I use the the standard handgun, all qualities level 2, same with shotgun. I'm too chicken to spend cash on any other weapons. Plus, they seem to work fine for me. Though I'd to like hear other combinations (Any one activlely use the Combat knife lol...)
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Resident Evil 4 Help
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 12:39:45 AM »
What I did was take the path on the right (El Gigante).  Before walking in enough to trigger the cut-scene, I used my rifle to shoot off the chains on the door at the other end of the level.  Then I tigger the cut-scene, drop the boulder, then ran like hell.  Went through the door, picked up the key, ran to the other door, shot off the chains with me pistol and then exited.

As for tactics, I found that once the "hatchling" (or whatever you call it) breaks out of its back, one regular grenade is enough to stun him and make him heel over.  Then you can run up its leg onto its back and start slicing like there's no tomorrow.
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Munky

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 06:46:04 AM »
I chose the path without El Gigante and ran into two chainsaw enemies who were quite easy to beat and gave me a key to advance on. I'm not sure if El Gigante would have been an easier route, but I found this way easy, especially since you can have Ashley hide in dumpster like boxes while you go fight, that way you don't have to try and protect her.

Hope this helps.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Help
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 03:37:59 PM »
I guess everyone's swapping tips at the RE 4 discussion in the 'Cube section. Too many spoilers for me over there though.

Thanks for the tips. I chose the path with the Ganados since I could pick them off, and it worked reasonably well. I got the Rifle with scope just in time for the lift sequence, and relished picking them off before they could get a chance to throw their axes.

So there is a pratical use for the knife? I gotta try it out next time.  
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 06:23:33 AM »
You'll definitely use the knife at one later point in the game, besides all the times you're running low on ammo.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 05:25:42 PM »
M'kay. I haven't gotten to the point of rationing ammo a la older RE's, but that's a good thing

I'm at the castle, just after beating the 'big cheese' (I'm probably going relatively slower than other PGC'ers) and am just curious about ideal weapon setups. I cashed in my handgun for the blacktail, but kept the first shotgun and rifle w/scope.  Anybody have success with the TMP? I found it too weak in my case, since I use the shotgun and grenades for massive mobs, and use the handgun for a couple coming through a door.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 05:55:54 PM »
I use the TMP for when my shottie ammo is low, and also not for killing enemies that have you trapped in the corner, but for escaping them...A spray down at the knees will give you plenty of time to get the hell out of there... ^_^  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 09:39:38 PM »
If you keep the original handgun and upgrade it to the max, you will get 5 x's the chances of getting head-shots.  Other guns have their own special attributes.
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 04:00:59 AM »
I invested in a rifle plus scope early on, and it's INCREDIBLY useful. If you're not getting rushed down hard, you can get a free headshot on pretty much anything and kill it in one shot (two if something gross comes out).

I wouldn't upgrade the shotgun - wait until you can get the riot gun and spend your money upgrading that.

For the pistol, I got the Red9 and upgraded the firepower and clip capacity a few times. I'm not sure if it's best, but it's still SERIOUS BUSINESS! Right now the firepower is like 2 or 2.5 and there are 15 bullets in the clip (plus, where I'm at, I have about 200 bullets in my inventory).

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 05:17:21 PM »
After checking the shotgun vs riot gun, it seems the riot gun edges out the former in terms of raw fire power. All other attributes seem to be the same(though its more costly for the riot gun), save for ammo capacity. I'll see as the game progressess.

Yeah, the Red9 and Blacktail go 1-2 respectively. Red9's got power, while Blacktail is quicker on the draw. Choices...

anyone have fun with mines? They seem a bit underpowered if you ask me, but I haven't tried them yet. Its probably useful for advanced tatics?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 04:18:43 AM »
Forget what I said about the riot gun - there's another shotgun after it that's way better

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2005, 04:05:29 PM »
I'll save the peseta's in mind.

After a few upgrades some hundred cultists later  I got the large attache case, and moved my inventory accordingly. The thing is, I feel as if I haven't gained lot of space. Am I slob? Here's how mine is arranged:

Top Left
Handgun

Rest of top row
Health items and ammo, in default position

Top Right
Rifle scope, vertical position

Sort of middle, directly under handgun
Shotgun and grenades

Bottom
Rifle

The rest of the rows are empty, save for excess ammo and health.

Any ideal inventory setups?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 08:20:40 PM »
Are you holding on to way too many grenades? I usually hold on to only a couple, at most. Or do you have 600 bullets lol?

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 05:36:16 PM »
I make liberal use of grenades, I'm at 4-1, right after Ashely gets out, and am lugging around that free rocket launcher , and where am at now, I seem to be collecting lots of Handgun ammo faster than I can use them. I also got the Semi-auto rifle, which takes up an extra row than the original one, but its well worth after it a few upgrades.  
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline L.S. Kennedy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2005, 04:16:42 AM »
your collecting lots of handgun ammo throughout the game. But once you upgrade the blacktail and start firing real fast cuz you hav no ammo for anything else. You will have to ration. This happens at the beginning of chapter 5 mostly, but, by the end of the game, if you conserved enough, you'll have enough handgun ammo to do anything. By the way, Saddler is freakin hard to fight, use the games help!!

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2005, 05:38:24 PM »
Thanks for the tip. Needless to say, I found out what you said first hand

While I'm at it, anyone got any sure-fire methods for Mercanaries(Particulary the outdoor castle, that Garrador is the pits.)? Its been handing my ass for a while now.....
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa