Author Topic: Rock Band 2 DLC is live!  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Tanatoes

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Rock Band 2 DLC is live!
« on: January 13, 2009, 10:31:16 PM »
Woohoo!  I've been checking every time I turn on Rock Band 2 to see if the DLC store was up yet.  And today, at long last, it was!  I only had 900 wii points in my account at the time so I could only grab four songs (They're 200 points each, so about $2.00 each) and I started downloading some of the 20 free tracks they offer.  I'm going to run out of room on my SD card in no time I can already tell.

The good news is that after downloading and archiving to the SD card I tried putting together a setlist of DLC only, and the load time was about 10 seconds between songs - about the same as when loading from the disk.  Quite impressive.

So now the only thing that sets RB2 on the Wii apart from the X360 and PS3 versions is the resolution of the graphics.. which frankly doesn't impact play in any way at all.  I am such a happy fellow right now!  I just have to master some of the tricky fingering in Buddy Holly.
-------
Why can't Wii be friends?  0639 9148 4145 6376

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Band 2 DLC is live!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 12:14:28 AM »
Beat you to it, theres 50 songs the 20 free song DLC pack and 30 songs that you pay for

Question - Can you download the songs directly to the SD card or do you have to have room in the Wii's flash memory and then move em to the SD card?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 12:16:06 AM by Flames_of_chaos »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Tanatoes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 01:16:40 AM »
You have to have 200 free blocks in your Wii - the tracks are automatically buffered into this space when loading from the SD card.  But no copying on your part is required - the game does it all for you.  (Indeed I had a look around using the Wii's memory management feature and the downloaded tracks don't appear either as Wii channels or as saved games.  As far as the Wii is concerned they don't seem to exist.
-------

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 02:55:56 AM »
You have to have 200 free blocks in your Wii - the tracks are automatically buffered into this space when loading from the SD card.  But no copying on your part is required - the game does it all for you.  (Indeed I had a look around using the Wii's memory management feature and the downloaded tracks don't appear either as Wii channels or as saved games.  As far as the Wii is concerned they don't seem to exist.

Tanatoes, if you are looking for DLC files they are listed under saves they might be something like Rock Band 2 Pay and Play or whatever Harmonix labeled them as and also DLC files are clumped into 1 big file so you won't find them as separate files.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Tanatoes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 08:15:16 AM »
There's a one block file on the Wii called Rock Band DLC, but I think that's just a record of what I've purchased.  It's certainly not the data itself.  The data from the downloads is on the SD card, but cannot be accessed from the Wii memory management menu.  (Neither can pictures stored on the card for that matter.. gotta get myself a card reader for my Mac so I can see what all is on there.  Maybe put some songs on for Endless Ocean.)
-------

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 09:10:57 AM »
Yay!  I bought Buddy Holly by Weezeer last night.  The free songs are junk as far as I'm concerned, but the list of $2 songs is very impressive.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 11:44:12 AM »
Oohohoooo yes, about time! :D

Too bad I accidentally left my RB2 disc at my mom's place last weekend. :(

Oh, and Tanookisuit, if you have RB2 for Wii, why are we not friends yet? I demand an answer!

:D
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 12:53:55 PM »
I
Oohohoooo yes, about time! :D

Too bad I accidentally left my RB2 disc at my mom's place last weekend. :(

Oh, and Tanookisuit, if you have RB2 for Wii, why are we not friends yet? I demand an answer!

:D

I don't know.  Let's make it happen!