Author Topic: Nintendo Clarifies E3 Plans: Treehouse Live All Day 1  (Read 12503 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Clarifies E3 Plans: Treehouse Live All Day 1
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2016, 04:00:36 PM »
How would you compare playing games now as to how you played games during the n64 era?

I said mode above. I would never buy a game where it was multiplayer only, but if it had both it would be great. Or even an additional co-op play. I liked the marketing idea that Nintendo was an "and company", but of course Nintendo is a "can't get production together and can't plan too far ahead in a bubble company"

Once you beat a game, you've beaten the game. Its nice to have something to continue to play after your done. Most games multiplayer modes are totally gimped versions of the single player. Mainly because the systems have never been powerful enough to handle such a thing. I played Minecraft for a year straight. When I first got it there was no goal or end game. You just played. It had all the action adventure elements in it. Later on Mojang added more rpg features and a goal.

Actually when I played only the Minecraft single player for about 2 weeks I hadn't realized it was seeded. I didn't know the world was procedurally generated. It still felt like it was thought out. I'd go through caves, and it felt like someone had been there before, but I was actually the first one there.

procedural generation would be a nice addition to zelda. The world is not the same every time you play. The dungeons are rearranged. Nintendo has done this on a small scale in the past with animal crossing. On the other hand I do appreciate a well designed world. Maybe B quest has random worlds?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2016, 04:28:15 PM »
Nintendo is very talented at level design so I think if Zelda went with procedurally generated it would lose a lot of what makes it stand out as one of the very best game series.  The Zelda formula is really strong but Nintendo's own talent in dungeon design is a big reason why Zelda clones have not been able to top it.

But some games have optional procedurally generated dungeons so couldn't Zelda?  They could easily put something like that in as a sidequest or have a couple randomly generated caves here and there.  The only issue is what do you put in there?  You don't level up in Zelda and it doesn't really have loot in the traditional sense.  Perm, your suggestion about B quest might be the best way to do it.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2016, 08:30:26 PM »
Any online multiplayer elements would be better saved for the sequel.  Right now, the number one goal should just be to make Zelda's gameplay work in an open-world environment which is already a huge challenge for the team.  I'd rather they not be worrying how it might work with online multiplayer as well right now.  That's what they can add after finishing this game and have a better grasp on what does and doesn't work with open-world Zelda gameplay for the next one.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2016, 07:03:05 PM »
where is all this multiplayer talk coming from? Seriously Zelda needs to be a single player action game where the main character is a dude with a sword who dresses like an elf. The princess needs to be a blond chick locked in a dungeon held captive by a pig-wizard and the rest is irrelevant. If they really wanted to win over a new audience they need to make a side scrolling 2-D hack N slash pure dungeon crawler Zelda. No puzzles, no Triforce, no convoluted story just an elf on a quest to kill monsters, collect rupees and save the princess from a pig-wizard. Man I wish they would make a 2-D side scrolling Zelda for once.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2016, 07:22:32 PM »
Didn't most people hate Zelda 2?
Made you look ****.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2016, 02:56:23 AM »
The multiplayer talk came from "how come Nintendo is going to spend several hours discuss in new Zelda", one of the probabilities is they worked in some sort of multiplayer or online mode to show off. There could also be another Hyrule Warriors game. Then they are only half lying. Maybe a skyward sword HD game? What we know is treehouse will be several hours of Wii U zelda, this could be misleading in a number of ways.

and by your using the term side scrolling, do you mean mario/metroid perspective or topdown/isometric view? You use dungeon crawler and side scrolling in the same sentence. So its vague.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:58:54 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post