Author Topic: Wii U in the grand scheme of things.  (Read 15244 times)

Re: Wii U in the grand scheme of things.
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »
If you didn't care for SNES how did you feel about Genesis? I ask because I was more into Genesis back then and got into Super Nintendo latter, after N64 came out in fact. That is one reason I know for me its not about nostalgia because my nostalgia is tied to Genesis. I still think Super Mario World is the best Super Mario Bros. game ever made, the second best is Super Mario 3D World which was a close second. I couldn't rank Genesis above SNES now even though I did for many years, and it was always close because I didn't care much for JRPG's either and Sega CD added quite a but of cool factor originally, its far from cool these days though.

I think that nostalgia often plays a role in some people's minds but I also think that over the years that can fluctuate, I used to rank NES much higher overall because of nostalgia but now that you can get most of its worthy while games on newer consoles and every time I go back to NES I get reminded how much the hardware sucked, with the blinking and the awful controller.

If I were ever to get back into retro gaming again I would get one of those retro knock of consoles I would never buy a REAL NES again they were junk.

I freely admit that nostalgia does play a role in my holding onto Atari though, but its also a classic that deserves much attention. As a console its better than NES because they hold up better they don't break as often the game selection is equally as varied although far more primitive, there were lots of cool space shooter games that nobody could ever sort out but they were still pretty fun.

The only game console I have no use for, period, that I would never consider buying again is CD-i, even for the fact I collect video equipment I wouldn't even want it for the role it played in the Video CD history, its a total piece of worthless garbage. Every other game console I can find some merit in.
Trying to be a better person, honest.