Author Topic: Pre-order?  (Read 9222 times)

Offline Rhoq

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Pre-order?
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 04:34:45 AM »
The Wii will be the first home console system I've ever bought at launch (provided that E3 lives up to the hype and this  system is so awesome that it's able to kick Reggie's ass). I pre-ordered my DS and the GameStop I bought it at had a line that wrapped around the entire inside of the store and about 10 feet into the mall in front of the store's entrance.

I'm expecting a similar situation for the Wii, so I am planning on pre-ordering next week.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Knoxxville

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 05:17:44 AM »
I pre-ordred mine at the neighborhood Game Crazy like last year.  I also have a Zelda TP pre-order at the Gamestop at the mall for damn near 2 years now.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
RE: Pre-order?
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 05:29:08 AM »
Wow.  The DS launch where I lived was not that popular at all.  In fact at Sears we never had a shortage of DS's.  (Or PSP's, or Gamecubes, or Xboxes, but we did run out of PS2's once, we had the last one in town).  It was fairly easy to get one within a week of launch.  I got my at midnigh as I mentioned because I was paranoid that I wouldn't be able to get one.  First I have to find someone I trust to pre-order a Wii.  Maybe Gamecrazy but I'm not sure.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 05:35:29 AM »
Until they confirm Metroid Prime 3's  launch date I wont get one, many games seem cool and all but its out of my budget, I can only afford few games and this is the one along with Zelda (which wont touch my rev).

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 05:42:52 AM »

Originally posted by: TrueNerd
I'll definitely be pre-ordering the Wii. I'll probably throw in a couple of Wii launch game pre-orders as well, just to be safe. I doubt the Wii launch will be like the 360s launch as Nintendo will (hopefully) be smart enough to have more supply and there will likely be less demand for the Wii then there was for the 360, if only because of the PS3 launching around the same time as the Wii. Still... No screwing around. I want my Wii, and I want it on day one. If only for that false sense of hardcore superiority.

so true. my brother convinced our father to get us a SNES on launch day because we were so hyped about the nes, and i remember picking up n64 on launch too, it was damn near sold out at the toys r us i picked it up at, an i have already shared my story of buying my GCN on launch day, and the "bundle" crap i had to buy because it was the last (black) one.

seriously though, i'll be putting Wii on preorder at my gamestop the second a price is announce and they know how many units they're getting. i dont want to mess around and NOT get one and atleast one game. i'm already picking up a ton of used GCN games at cheap prices that i wont necisarrily play now but just to have something to play on rev while i try to afford newer games. the system better be in black two or i might just have to buy two (wihte on luanch day if thats the case, then pick a black on up whenever it comes out and give the white one to my gf). im super cereal you guys
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 06:29:06 AM »
I don't do preordering. Even if it's as scarce as the XC at launch I could still bring one home on day one. If I wanted one at launch, that is.