Author Topic: Official Switch Game Announcements  (Read 53874 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Official Switch Game Announcements
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2016, 11:35:59 PM »
The Article mentions Rival? :P

I should make a new version of the video. :D

or my Star Fox clone. I totally have a working Star Fox clone. I have shitty capture software though.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2016, 01:41:43 AM »
Man, a couple times I've been feeling as if "Yeah, there have been enough leaks and announcements that I should be able to start planning my 2017 gaming lists" but then I look over what we know so far and there's still tons of info missing @_@

Mostly I guess I'm waiting for that big Launch Window Software Library reveal, which would admittedly still change afterwords as games miss deadlines, but at least give me an idea of what I'm excited for in the first two or three months of the Switch. I feel like a whole bunch of titles we've been talking about are NOT hitting launch, and so are of little use to me in my immediate goal of mapping out the first half of 2017.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2016, 09:53:56 PM »
Seasons of Heaven would fail Miyamoto's "game feel" test so hard. It doesn't look at all particularly fun to play. There's a clunkiness to it that is apparent the first time you see any animation.

EDIT: typo
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:08:09 AM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2016, 11:25:56 PM »
Seasons of Heaven would fail Miyamoto's "game fee" test so hard. It doesn't look at all particularly fun to play. There's a clunkiness to it that is apparent the first time you see any animation.

You are right.  It is the animation of the boy and dog.  It doesn't feel natural.  Why is the boy walking holding his backpack like that?  It just doesn't feel organic at all.  When it comes to natural animation, nobody does it better than Naughty Dog.  I am always impressed the little details of the characters interacting with the world that make it feel real.  This animation feels like it is taking place on top of the world not within the world.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2016, 05:00:05 PM »
The PS4 version of Dragon Quest XI looks awesome:

I really hope we end up getting both the PS4 and Switch versions in the West.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2017, 12:39:32 PM »
Rime Re-Reveal Trailer. Coming in May apparently.

My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2017, 03:11:24 PM »
Sweet! Rime is definitely one of those titles that's not only right up my alley, but that I would look wistfully over to other platforms for. It's an Unreal Engine 4 game, which I guess is what we have to thank for the support.

Hmm... Epic is helping save Nintendo Third-Party support?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Oedo

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2017, 09:08:31 PM »
I did see something a couple of days ago about the manager of Epic Games Japan supposedly saying that a lot of Unreal Engine 4 games are coming to Switch. The interview is in Japanese and I'm not sure what the quality of Nintendo Everything's translations is like (I'm assuming it's theirs since they didn't link to another site), but this announcement certainly lends a little more credence to the whole idea.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2017, 05:49:46 AM »
I wonder what the pc market is like in Japan. Is there hardcore nvidia love over there?

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2017, 08:53:20 AM »
Too bad they couldn't pump out an Unreal Engine 5, or else Switch would be dead in the water on release.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2017, 06:13:46 PM »
Gamestop has pretty much confirmed Pokemon (Stars) on Switch.

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2017, 08:22:52 PM »
Man, a couple times I've been feeling as if "Yeah, there have been enough leaks and announcements that I should be able to start planning my 2017 gaming lists" but then I look over what we know so far and there's still tons of info missing @_@

Mostly I guess I'm waiting for that big Launch Window Software Library reveal, which would admittedly still change afterwords as games miss deadlines, but at least give me an idea of what I'm excited for in the first two or three months of the Switch. I feel like a whole bunch of titles we've been talking about are NOT hitting launch, and so are of little use to me in my immediate goal of mapping out the first half of 2017.

This is a deleted tweet from IGN France that purportedly shows some launch window games:

http://pressa2join.com/news/reported-nintendo-switch-presentation-leaked
I am NOT MysticGohan.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2017, 08:38:02 PM »
Those names are so ridiculous I have a hard time believing they are the real deal, but hey, if IGN leaked it...

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2017, 09:12:18 PM »
It's fake.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2017, 10:44:50 PM »
If Nintendo is going to use Counter in the name of Splatoon...it better be Counter-Splat as a great joke.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2017, 02:50:26 AM »
Also, if that is what the hype of the January 12th event is. Then why the **** didn't they just announce stuff in October?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2017, 04:18:37 AM »
I guess this Mario / Rabbids RPG is a thing since every "leak" constantly mentions it. If it is, the footage this Thursday better blow me away because I just don't think it's a good idea.

Also, if that is what the hype of the January 12th event is. Then why the **** didn't they just announce stuff in October?

That reminds me of when there was the recent leaker who announced things like the New Super Mario Bros. Show and that Nintendo would have a whole N-Sports thing going on. The leaker listed this as the launch games for the switch:

-Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (NIS America) -Dissidia Versus: Final Fantasy (Square Enix Co. Ltd.) -Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online (Square Enix) -Earth Defense Force 5 (Marvelous Inc) -The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Remastered (Bethesda Softworks) -FiFA Anywhere 18 (EA Sports) -For Honor (Ubisoft) -Just Dance 2017 Platinum Edition (Ubisoft) -LEGO Dimensions (Warner Bros. Interactive) -LEGO City: The Chase Begins (Warner Bros. Interactive) -Mario RPG: Rabbids Invasion (Nintendo/Ubisoft) -Mass Effect Andromeda (EA) -Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost ON (Bandai Namco Games) -Monster Hunter XX Switch (Capcom) -NBA 2k17 March Madness Edition (2K Games) -Overwatch (Activision) -Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Capcom) -South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Ubisoft) -Splatoon ReFresh (Nintendo) -STEEP (Ubisoft) -Super Mario Switcharoo (Nintendo) -Sangokushi 14 (Koei Tecmo) -Tales of Berseria (Bandai Namco Games) -Tekken 7 (Bandai Namco Games) -Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (Ubisoft) -Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (Capcom) -Valkyria: Azure Revolution (SEGA) -Yooka-Laylee (Team17)

And, quite frankly, that list underwhelms me. Frankly, in any system launch, there's usually maybe up to 3 titles I may be interested in or would want to purchase. I get that the idea is to diversify and have a lot of different titles to interest more consumers but that diversity will mean a bunch of titles I don't care about and most big titles and games come out way later than launch anyways.

For me, this upcoming Switch event is more about hoping to hear about a few other games that will be coming after the launch and later into the year as there will be more franchises and games I probably care about that way than at launch. But most likely, most of those announcements will be saved for their E3 videos later this year. The other thing is to just finally have Nintendo announce all the features of the Switch and end whatever speculation may still exist (although I'm sure fighting over potential hardware specs will still continue on past the event.)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2017, 05:08:15 AM »
On the other hand there was that big Retro mystery event that turned out to be another Donkey Kong game.

Offline Oedo

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2017, 03:52:10 PM »
Yacht Club Games has announced Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove for Switch. Sounds like Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove is the game everyone owns right now which includes all the campaigns (and will continue getting updates). Yacht Club Games is also going to start selling each campaign as a standalone game in the near future (hence the renaming of the original package which includes everything).

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2017, 04:18:41 PM »
Yup. It basically boils down to whether you want to buy everything, or just want the expansions on Switch (since they've announced that the price is increasing). Wii U will still get all the updates as well.

From the FAQ:
If I own Shovel Knight on another platform, can I get the game on a new platform like the Nintendo Switch for free?
No, but that’s part of the reason we’re making these changes! Hopefully, it’ll be easier to jump in on a new campaign on any system of your choosing.

Why aren’t the standalone versions launching on all platforms?
Our goal is to provide the standalones on the most current gen systems (ones you’re most likely to switch to play new content).

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2017, 04:53:29 PM »
Dissatisfied with the oodles of Kickstarter money they got in order to make a mediocre action platformer, Yacht Club attempts to squeeze more out of Wii U owners!

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2017, 04:55:53 PM »
The Wii U is getting the exact same content as the Switch version.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2017, 05:06:13 PM »
Shush, I'm trying to be a an unlikable, cynical asshat.

They might get the same content, but no other gamers are switching over to Switch other than Wii U owners. This re-release pretty much only applies to Switch, not xBone or PS4, and let's be honest, Wii U owners are likely the only people jumping ship to another console at this point.

I already have Shovel Knight on Wii U, I'm not buying it again. Partially because I don't think it's good, but whatever.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:12:03 PM by Evan_B »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2017, 11:05:28 AM »
LEGO City Undercover gets a nice shiny trailer on Switch Day!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2017, 01:30:37 PM »
Shush, I'm trying to be a an unlikable, cynical asshat.

Not gonna work. You're just too lovable! Or is that huggable?

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.