Author Topic: New 3DS Add-On in the Works? Redesign on the Way?  (Read 17787 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: New 3DS Add-On in the Works? Redesign on the Way?
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2011, 05:35:01 PM »
If this isn't bogus then it would be an extremely bad idea. I can't think of very many twin-stick games besides first-person shooters anyway, and ones that would use it for a camera can use the D-pad or touch screen just as well. Nintendo is overreacting if they go this route, they at least need to wait until the 3DS's two biggest games are out, Super Mario 3D and Mario Kart 3DS, and see how it does then.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2011, 05:41:43 PM »
ones that would use it for a camera can use the D-pad

How? Both the D-pad and left analog require a user's left thumb. How could both be used at the same time unless the system were held in a really awkward way which would make the buttons on the right side unusable? The touchscreen is not an option either because it takes full use of a person's hand to operate a stylus which means the buttons are unsuable (although, yes you could tap the screen I guess as a form of input, but still....).
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2011, 05:51:51 PM »
It be even worse then The Claw on PSP... People actually do that.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2011, 05:51:57 PM »
If the game requires camera use while performing other functions, that game has a bad camera.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2011, 05:53:37 PM »
Motion+ came along too late in the system's life to have any chance of being treated as the standard. It has, however, significantly improved a good number of games, and something like Skyward Sword wouldn't be possible without it, so don't dismiss it.

Ceric, I own five games that use WiiMotion Plus. If there are people like me, then I wouldn't consider it a flop.
UncleBob owns every E-Reader card so is that not a flop either?

-1 for insulting the eReader.
I'm just bitter I never got to use my Super Mario Bros 3 cards.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NintendoFanboy

• Score: -15
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2011, 07:11:22 PM »
Adrock, do u also think the Veta(the PSP2) is over priced, or is that ok, cause its sony.
as for slide pad #2 required, most people don't get how to use the stylus like a
mouse, i do, and it could be the other anolog stick for those who dont have a DS4
Note this is my youtube video , it makes some angry, but shows what i mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTkivixb-II
Hoping i did that correct. but as i found out recently, this technique requires
more practice, cause the 3DS stylus is slippery and slides do to being metal.
humm, gotta work on it.
FYI i coppied this technique from a developer at NST when they were
showing off Metroid first hunt before the DS launch.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2011, 08:45:49 PM »
I'm not Adrock, but I'll field that first point. The Vita is at the very least less overpriced at $250 than the 3DS was, as I'm sure the cost of the components is a lot higher given its superior tech. Whether people will pay that much is a different story, but it's a less inflated price than Nintendo started with.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2011, 08:51:02 PM »
I'm one of those people willing to shell out 250 bucks to buy a Vita. Granted, I was one of those people willing to shell out 250 bucks for the 3DS, too...

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2011, 01:49:30 AM »
Add-on stick?
Hope it's not true.  That sounds ridiculous.

Drop the 3DS name?
Hope it's not true.  That's brand suicide.

New 3DS model?
Well, in this day and age it is inevitable... every platform ever has a "slim" or "lite" or "go" version...
Still, one year on the market would be premature... even for the DS family - right?

So, I guess I hope none of this is true.  Especially since I plan to get a 3DS for Christmas and was (until this rumor) damn excited about it!!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2011, 09:48:01 AM »
So, I guess I hope none of this is true.  Especially since I plan to get a 3DS for Christmas and was (until this rumor) damn excited about it!!
Smear Marketing Gold.
I would not be to surprised that this is a competition smear tactic.

Offline NintendoFanboy

• Score: -15
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2011, 10:11:48 AM »
I would still be excited, as i love 3D gaming.
very few games make use of the power yet, but playing OoT in 3D makes it feel so
alive,(I.M.O.) it really feels great, and i wanna play all my games in 3D.

as for the price, and power difference, i was kinda refering to my upgraded DS4 going
to $250 not the current 3ds. but well, to me the veta(?) feels like an excess of ideas.
i think , kill the back bad, and u got a better product.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2011, 12:16:49 PM »
Smear Marketing Gold.

Is that possible? Do things like that really happen?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2011, 12:22:50 PM »
Smear Marketing Gold.

Is that possible? Do things like that really happen?
They do in Politics.  I don't see why not about games.  It be easy enough.  I'm sure Sony or MS know a developer that is close to Nintendo on the other side of the line.  Just one bit of right information to secure your credibility.  Educated guesses knowing the business coupled with informed exaggerations of problems.  Yeah I say that is totally doable.

Shoot, if I could do it with virtually no chance of getting caught I would.  Why fight a tank in the city when you can disable it 100 Miles away on the road?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2011, 05:30:10 AM »
maybe Nintendo got some serious money hats out and is going to have more games on 3ds.

The biggest selling point should be its a great little system. I hate it when people complain a system has a feature like 3d, when it has way more going for it than just that. Its a capable little beast, it just needs good games.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline smoreyjinza

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2011, 08:02:26 PM »
It's hard to disprove this rumor, but I think its just that. It would make sense for Nintendo to include an add on to the 3ds because it would split the market. I'm sure the Nintendo 3ds will experience a redesign but not this quick.
Choose your favorite smurf toys or kre-o toys here.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2011, 08:55:17 PM »
Sony waited for PS Vita to add a second analogue stick. I can't see Nintendo adding a second slide pad mid-generation.

However, as someone who has played, or make that attempted to play, Monster Hunter on PSP it is nigh impossible without a second analogue stick. I think it was Ceric who mentioned earlier the PSP claw control technique, it's horrible and shouldn't be forced on anyone. I think Nintendo were short sighted by not including a second slide pad from the get go. Monster Hunter = Japanese sales, why not make the system as MH-friendly as possible?
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2011, 11:10:22 AM »
Here's a weird idea I had from someone suggestion of maybe doing something with the back plate.  Here we go.

What about a slightly recessed slider on the back towards the center that you used your middle finger to manipulate.  For Camera controls and like I don't think it would take to much getting use to use.

I think that it would be interesting.  One of those ideas where on paper its WTF but in practice it actually works.