Author Topic: Pokedex 3D.  (Read 4102 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Pokedex 3D.
« on: November 08, 2011, 12:54:21 AM »
So, I haven't always been on top of updating my pokedex everyday and getting another 3 added to it but I have been pretty steady of late.

That said, on Oct. 31, I only received 2. Kind of odd but whatever. Since then, I've gotten no updates at all. No more pokemon are being added to the Pokedex. I'm at 106. Is that all there is? Did anyone else come upon this problem?

I don't know why I worry about it since I haven't even played Pokemon Black or White and it's a pretty useless app to me but at the same time, it bugs the collector in me to not have the app fully completed. So, tell me NWR, what's going on?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Pokedex 3D.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 12:57:32 AM »
I think somebody on the forums mentioned that you couldn't get all the Pokemon, but 106 sounds like a pretty low number.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 11:26:29 AM »
Halbred.  PM Halbred Khush he knows the most about Pokedex 3D I think he is like 2 shy of filling the thing because he has to get those through trades or some such.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:03:09 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 12:00:45 PM »
I think I'm up to 151 or something, with a bunch left to go.

One odd thing that happened for me is the notifications stopped working sometime after getting about 100 Pokemon listed. Instead of seeing a little blue circle I had to start just checking in randomly once every day or two to get new Pokemon. Sometimes one would be waiting, sometimes not. Can't give any explanation for why this happened, but maybe it's the same for you?
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:03:42 PM »
I have really never gottent the blue dot notification.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 09:57:23 PM »
No, not the same for me. Whenever I turned on my 3DS, I just went straight for the Pokedex to load up the latest regardless of whether there was a blue dot. Whenever I got the first, I'd then hit the home button, reclick on the Pokedex, get the next new pokemon, and repeat for the last pokemon. But now, it doesn't matter when I enter or how many times I click update, I get nothing. I'm connected to the internet since the Nintendo Video channel and E-Shop are still working.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 05:29:41 PM »
Khush,

Each "copy" of Pokedex 3D only gets on version of Frillish, one version of Jellycent, one version of the elemental monkeys, and one version of Deerling (and Sawbuck). It is absolutely horsesh*t, but it's true. You have to find other people with Pokedex 3D to get an entire Pokedex. Actually, in the case of the monkeys and Deerling/Sawbuck, three other people.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 07:21:39 PM »
Khush,

Each "copy" of Pokedex 3D only gets on version of Frillish, one version of Jellycent, one version of the elemental monkeys, and one version of Deerling (and Sawbuck). It is absolutely horsesh*t, but it's true. You have to find other people with Pokedex 3D to get an entire Pokedex. Actually, in the case of the monkeys and Deerling/Sawbuck, three other people.

Wow. That sucks and pretty much kills any interest I have in keeping the program on my system.

Finding others with the console isn't something easily done here... and finding anyone else above the age of 10 interested in collecting all the Pokemon impossible. Couldn't they have at least done something with play coins to give people like me a shot?

Thanks for the heads-up though. At least now I know not to bother.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 01:53:26 AM »
Khush,

Nuts. I've had a 3DS since launch and out of that entire period, I've only managed to streetpass 2 people and that was during the first month. Hopefully Mario 3D Land will have more people carrying them about but I'm not to hopeful.

Still, what does that make the total number of pokemon then?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 01:57:20 AM »
I should note that Pokedex 3D doesn't have streetpass functions. Instead, you have to do some sort of active trade. Halbred didn't say it, but it's worth noting. I *have* gotten a couple streetpasses in my area, but since I can't tell who has the 3DS and who doesn't, there's still no chance to get some of those Pokemon.

Still, Pokedex 3D isn't much more than a bonus, so I don't really care either way. I just find it surprising there isn't streetpass functionality in there. I don't know the total number of Pokemon, though.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 02:19:32 AM »
I only brought up my streetpass occurances to show how hard it is to even find someone else around with a 3DS right now. Although, there is some streetpass thing built into the Pokedex. I'm sure when I check on updates, there is a tab for it. I'll have to double check that now.

Also, Nintendo Power has been putting AR stickers in their magazines for harder to get Pokemon but even then, it requires some streetpass or trading to access them. So I still can't just upload and add more to the pokedex that way.

However, that gives me an idea. All Pokemon have an AR marker of some kind. It should be right by the video button if I remember correctly. So maybe we could post all the AR stickers on line and have the 3DS pick them up and stamp them in the Pokedex notebook. The trick is how does one convert that AR sticker into the actual data.

I'm going to have to actually crack out my 3DS manual and start looking into this stuff.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 05:17:14 PM »
Nope, don't bother. You can look at AR markers and that will simply "unlock" that Pokemon in the 'Dex. It won't show up, though (with some Legendary exceptions). It'll just mean you have the capacity to get that Pokemon in the future. And no, there's no Streetpass functionality. If you want to get the other version of Jellicent, you have to find somebody with Pokedex 3D and actively trade with them. With the "Trade" function in the menu.

It's just a worthless, worthless app.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.