Author Topic: Nintendo Press Conference @ L.A. Auto Show!? (11/17)  (Read 4027 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Nintendo Press Conference @ L.A. Auto Show!? (11/17)
« on: November 01, 2011, 12:32:10 PM »

http://www.motorworldhype.com/2011-10-31/hype-rumor-nintendo-to-get-into-oem-in-car-entertainment-admin/
Last week we got the officiall email that the press conference schedule for the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show was released.  Upon looking over the schedule we saw something that immediately grabbed our attention.  Published plain as day was a press conference slot for Nintendo of America.  Nintendo at the LA Auto Show?!  If you think we are joking you can see it for yourself HERE.  Baffeled, we reached out to Nintendo to see if we can get an official comment or statement regarding their presence at one of the biggest auto shows on the west coast.
[/size]
[/size]
[/size][/size]
As of now the manufacturers slated to exhibit in that hall are the following: Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Jeep, Kia, Lincolin, Mitsubishi, Nissan, and Ram.  Since Nintendo’s area of business is gaming and entertainment we can only conclude that they will be announcing some type of in-car-entertainment partnership with one of the aforementioned OEM’s.  Although, we could not begin to tell you which one of those it could be.  We could possibly eliminate Nissan from the list since they have relationship with Sony Playstation mainstay Gran Turismo but beyond that, it could be any of the OEMs in that hall.
[/size]Could Nintendo be announcing the integration of their up coming [/size] [/size]
into a family sedan or SUV?
[/size]

[/size]
Officially, Nintendo has no comment, saying only that "we’ll have more info coming soon, but nothing more to announce at this time,"

Wii U built in to the 2013 model of the Family Mini van? Sounds plausible.

Nintendo has a GT/Forza game made by the Excite team and is ready to show it off before a Wii U unveil? probably not, but we can all hope.

Major push for Mario Kart 7? more likely.

What do you think Nintendo is gonna talk about at an Auto Show in L.A.?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:53:27 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Press Conference @ L.A. Auto Show (11/17)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 12:56:33 PM »
Yeah,
I go with a  promotion for Mario 3D Kart.
If only we had some Press in LA...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Press Conference @ L.A. Auto Show!? (11/17)
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 06:22:45 PM »
Unless Nintendo wants to out Gran Torismo Sony. Right now it has the graphics power to do so. I forgot Nintendo had NST make some decent racing games.  It did a version of Ridge Racer back in the day that was pretty good. Maybe Nintendo had them do something along those lines. Also likely is Mario Kart, or even better Both.

or Nintendo should have NST make a shooter, Metroid Hunters wasn't bad, but they should just make something with a Sci-fi theme, but no fucking ghosts.

but since its a car show...i expect the game to relate to cars.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:26:15 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 06:24:20 PM »
or Nintendo should have NST make a shooter, Metroid Hunters wasn't bad, but they should just make something with a Sci-fi theme, but no fucking ghosts.

If they were doing that they probably wouldn't announce it at the LA Auto Show...

I'm predicting there's going to be a massive Mario 3D Kart tournament announced with the winner getting a full sized go-kart with Mario livery.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 06:29:32 PM »
yeah that was a bit off topic, but we can still wonder what NST is doing.

or F-Zero, that's a possibility. Though I wouldn't expect car enthusiast to care about a sci-fi car game, unless it used all future concept cars designed by the brands, that would be cool.

actually, I say screw it, I hope they announce a Mario Kart Game, and F-Zero game, and a new Nintendo Racing game, Grand Theft Auto for Wii U, other car related games.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:33:18 PM by ThePerm »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 06:37:54 PM »
From what I understand, NST mostly just does Shop stuff now.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 09:48:46 PM »
It'd be too early and sudden to announce anything Wii U related. It'd also be a bit awkward to announce a new F-Zero now. I'm just expecting an over the top Mario Kart 7 promotion. If they do announce a Wii U for your mini-van, I'm sure it'll just be the same NSMBMii demo. Can't really do a bunch of complex moves while seated in an automobile.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline tomroch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 03:46:09 AM »
Nintendo is one of my favorite.And it really amaze me that its part of the incoming L.A Aut Show.Plus my favorite Caddy car is there also.I heard that photographs were recently released of the production design of the brand new Cadillac XTS sedan. The car will debut soon at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The vehicle will be updating the STS and DTS sedans as the brand new full-size luxury car in the Cadillac lineup. Can't wait to see them soon on the auto show.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:29:29 AM by MegaByte »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 03:54:21 AM »
what if some badass auto designer redesigned wii u? What if the system turned into a beast. I mean the case.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 04:14:18 AM »
What if Nintendo partnered with Volkswagon to create a Volkswagon Wiitle?
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 12:02:04 PM »

Nintendo builds Life Size Mario Karts
http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/gaming/nintendo-builds-real-life-mario-karts
Life size versions of two Mario Karts have been made as part of the promotion of the 3DS Mario Kart 7.

The gaming company collaborated with West Coast Customs and revealed them at the LA Auto Show.

The full-size Mario Kart with hand glider and Bumble Bee kart also double as drivable electric cars.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PqPzJhFkcA
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:06:09 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 12:19:17 PM »
Include a dozen turtle shells and a half dozen banana peels with each model, and I'd be down.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 12:53:23 PM »
I like to see it go but...

The Bumble bee one is great.
The Mario one on the other hand is great till I get to the glider.

1. Its too small
2. If you are going to put a glider on one of them at least make it out of glider material.  The plastic just looks cheap.

I like to see these karts go.  I was half expecting them to have endorsed and gotten as close as possible racing karts in the racing circuit.

Also, Reggie Play Mario Kart.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:57:31 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 04:35:35 PM »
They have so got to put those on a track.