Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Launch Lineup - About 17 Minutes.  (Read 62580 times)

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: NX Launch Lineup
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2016, 10:24:57 PM »
It would be very nice to see it on NX at launch

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2016, 10:35:18 PM »
you would hope NOA would be on top of that ****. Dev kits are out right? I know its NDA season.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2016, 01:45:05 AM »
you would hope NOA would be on top of that ****. Dev kits are out right? I know its NDA season.

Lolz. You think Reggie is "on top of things"?
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2016, 12:20:36 PM »

Hmmm... you think NOA has a significant say in their parent company's actions?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2016, 04:14:34 PM »
I'm gonna go to NOA sometime this week, I'll find out what's up.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2016, 07:25:58 PM »
wow you guys totally misread that, that was sarcasm. I don't think NOA has their **** together at all.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2016, 07:05:35 PM »
I can imagine a winter 2017 Metroid game might be in the works by a 3rd party North American company. A trail of info seems to have been building for a while.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2016, 07:15:22 PM »
I'm thinking we should have Beyond Good and Evil 2 for launch.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2016, 08:57:05 PM »
The rumour earlier in the year was that it would be an NX game because Nintendo was paying for it, so the fact that he's thanking Ubisoft for "making this possible" throws a bit of a wrench into things. He obviously couldn't say "thanks Nintendo" because that would be tantamount to announcing an NX game, but it does strike me as a bit odd.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2016, 09:42:07 PM »
Ubisoft did have to approve of the deal, even if Nintendo was paying, so I can see where some thanks can be spared for them. Especially if they don't want to spare any other revealing details on the nature of the project.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2016, 10:38:45 PM »
The Beyond Good and Evil 2 talk has me hyped!

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2016, 12:08:14 PM »
I'm a big proponent of launching Mario Kart as early as possible for a new console. It's one of the most consistent movers of Hardware, has broad appeal, and exhibits evergreen sales. Plus, the earlier they launch it the longer they can enjoy a long cycle of profitable DLC and updates to the game.

Mario Kart will more then likely be their big holiday 2017 title.  That first holiday is going to be the most important time in the systems life so I'd imagine Nintendo wants a new Mario Kart to be it's flagship title during this time since Mario Kart is their biggest home console franchise right now.

See I don't like this at all. The first holiday is supposed to be about selling the system to the widest audience. Yes Mario Kart sells but every Nintendo console gets a Mario Kart, that's not something special thats just another game you expect to come out eventually. They need their first holiday to sell the system in order to do that they need the most variety they can get and they need 1 killer app that reaches beyond the usual core audience, Mario Kart has a large fan base but not as large as other games. They need to demonstrate they will have strong third party support up front and they themselves will bring as much variety as they can. Mario Kart is coming it can wait till year two, year one needs to get the games up front that draw in the people that want more than Mario Kart. It needs to be there, eventually and fairly early on, but not in the first year, that needs to go to a spectacular Mario flagship game and surround that with as much variety as you can from first and third parties. Plus a barrage of retro games on the VC or something to remind people there is more to it than just Smash and Mario Kart. Those games didn't move Game Cube or Wii U consoles.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2016, 07:33:13 PM »
I'm a big proponent of launching Mario Kart as early as possible for a new console. It's one of the most consistent movers of Hardware, has broad appeal, and exhibits evergreen sales. Plus, the earlier they launch it the longer they can enjoy a long cycle of profitable DLC and updates to the game.

Mario Kart will more then likely be their big holiday 2017 title.  That first holiday is going to be the most important time in the systems life so I'd imagine Nintendo wants a new Mario Kart to be it's flagship title during this time since Mario Kart is their biggest home console franchise right now.

See I don't like this at all. The first holiday is supposed to be about selling the system to the widest audience. Yes Mario Kart sells but every Nintendo console gets a Mario Kart, that's not something special thats just another game you expect to come out eventually. They need their first holiday to sell the system in order to do that they need the most variety they can get and they need 1 killer app that reaches beyond the usual core audience, Mario Kart has a large fan base but not as large as other games. They need to demonstrate they will have strong third party support up front and they themselves will bring as much variety as they can. Mario Kart is coming it can wait till year two, year one needs to get the games up front that draw in the people that want more than Mario Kart. It needs to be there, eventually and fairly early on, but not in the first year, that needs to go to a spectacular Mario flagship game and surround that with as much variety as you can from first and third parties. Plus a barrage of retro games on the VC or something to remind people there is more to it than just Smash and Mario Kart. Those games didn't move Game Cube or Wii U consoles.
SO you want a generic FPS? Because that's what appeals to the mainstream these days.
Made you look ****.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2016, 07:45:54 PM »
All I can say is Nintendo usually launches a system with a new racing game.  If Nintendo launched the NX with 3 games or maybe 4.  Mario Kart would be a good launch game.

Personally, If I was Nintendo I would go for:

Super Smash Bros NX All downloaded characters included plus Ice Climbers return, plus 1 new character. 
Zelda Breath of the Wild NX game
Super Mario Kart NX
Metroid or new Mario game.  Which ever game is finished for March launch....the other should be the holiday title.

It is important for Nintendo to make a HUGE impact on launch.  All the games listed would be easy to create/port.  Would get huge attention and presents Nintendo's best franchises.  I could see Nintendo not doing Mario Kart for F-Zero, but honestly Mario Kart seems like a better bet. 

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2016, 08:15:28 PM »
Plus a barrage of retro games on the VC or something to remind people there is more to it than just Smash and Mario Kart. Those games didn't move Game Cube or Wii U consoles.

Those are two of Nintendo's best system sellers. Wii U sales were up 233% year over year in the U.S. the month after Mario Kart 8's release. The month after Smash for Wii U launched, the Wii U had its best selling month in the U.S. ever (at least up to that point). As far as the impact of any single game goes, those are two of the titans for Nintendo. The issue with the Wii U is that there were so many other things going against it that it didn't matter how much of a system seller any given game was (it did even have Call of Duty and Madden early on).

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2016, 08:50:41 PM »
When I look at the other systems, I see that Nintendo is doing something the other systems are not.  They are making games that CAN appeal to all ages...and have a focus on family or generational gaming.  What I mean is I tried to search for games on PS4 that I could play with teenagers or children that are not M rated and are focused on multiplayer and well they just didn't exist.  But if Nintendo can show that they have that classic magic still they can make a big splash in the market again. 

That is why I think Super Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros are a big deal for launch and since the games would be easier to make than full 3D adventure games or First Person Shooters.  Add to that Zelda and add to that a fully fledged day 1 Virtual Console.  Don't trickle games out...these are old games that people have already bought.  They want to transfer the games.  They want to buy and play these games in new ways.  The only thing I would do is build NET Code into the Virtual console to allow online play in all Virtual Console games and charge a small upgrade fee. 

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2016, 01:07:34 AM »
All I can say is Nintendo usually launches a system with a new racing game.  If Nintendo launched the NX with 3 games or maybe 4.  Mario Kart would be a good launch game.

Super Smash Bros NX All downloaded characters included plus Ice Climbers return, plus 1 new character. 
Super Mario Kart NX
Metroid or new Mario game.  Which ever game is finished for March launch....the other should be the holiday title.

It is important for Nintendo to make a HUGE impact on launch.  All the games listed would be easy to create/port.  Would get huge attention and presents Nintendo's best franchises.  I could see Nintendo not doing Mario Kart for F-Zero, but honestly Mario Kart seems like a better bet.

That's easily a year's worth of Nintendo content, and you're talking about all of it being at launch... There's also no way they would release all those games in the same window for fear of cannibalizing sales during the critical buying window near a game's release. I could see maybe 2 of those showing up at launch (Zelda and new Mario) but not more--they will want to save the Smash Bros. NX port for a slower release period just like they should do with Mario Maker NX.

What Nintendo could do is work towards third party launch titles and titles for the holiday 2017 window. Rather than piling up their own releases, they could make sure there's a lot of really good games available for the system. :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:10:26 AM by Agent-X- »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2016, 01:32:51 AM »

Super Mario Kart NX

That's easily a year's worth of Nintendo content, and you're talking about all of it being at launch... There's also no way they would release all those games in the same window for fear of cannibalizing sales during the critical buying window near a game's release. I could see maybe 2 of those showing up at launch (Zelda and new Mario) but not more--they will want to save the Smash Bros. NX port for a slower release period just like they should do with Mario Maker NX.

What Nintendo could do is work towards third party launch titles and titles for the holiday 2017 window. Rather than piling up their own releases, they could make sure there's a lot of really good games available for the system. :)

Nintendo always launches new consoles with 3 or 4 games.  I am not saying make a NEW Smash Brothers game.  I am saying release Smash Bros Wii U with all the DLC and perhaps add Ice Climbers a character already created that just needs a new model and MAYBE one other character.  So that game could easily be ready in time.

Nintendo almost always has a racing game available for a new system.  Usually it is a low key release that will sell because it is new to a system.  But what if Nintendo took the initiative to go big and just release a new Mario Kart?  So you have Mario Kart 8 you just need to revamp the battle mode, and flesh out the Zero Gravity mode more...and design a few new courses.  Mario Kart has been done for awhile and this project could be supervised by the main team and outsourced to another developer. 

Now Zelda Breath of the Wild is NOT an NX game.  It is a Wii U game, that they are releasing for the NX because of their circumstances with the Wii U failure.  Yes, it will be better than the Wii U version.  Probably have a few more special effects and better frame rate ect...but it did not require a massive team to upgrade or create a new game.  So that makes sense.

So the only thing I am asking for is EITHER Mario or Metroid to be released around the time of the launch.  Now Nintendo could wait and release one of those games in the summer months during the 3-4 month launch window of the system.  Which would mean June...and that could be work.  However, I still think Nintendo needs to make a huge splash for dominance.  I could see them making A Super Mario World 3D 2 type game with 4 player online gameplay with 2 player local split screen that can join the online game.  That could be fun...and perhaps could be designed fairly quickly. 

We also know the Retro Games hasn't released a game in awhile and they probably have something for launch or launch window.  So that is why I suggested Mario or Metroid.

Finally, my thoughts on the Virtual Console.  I think Nintendo needs to just blow up their current Virtual Console strategy and go bigger and bolder.  Release all their first party stuff day one, and then release 3rd party VC games when they are ready.  I also think that Nintendo wants to get more money for those games...but can't realistically charge again for another transfer...unless they add something significant and added value to the experience...online multiplayer would be that deal...and if Nintendo did that, they could easy get people to pay to transfer their games.  Imagine all those split screen games if Nintendo figured away to make it multiplayer win only one screen showing.  Some old games would literally have new life. 

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2016, 03:12:57 AM »
If Zelda: BotW is launching with the NX, then Nintendo is not going to release a Mario game beside it. I get your idea of making a splash but I don't think Nintendo is going to throw out a Mario and Zelda game together. It's never happened unless one game was for a console and one was for a handheld and even then, there's always been a bit of distance between the release of those titles. Zelda NX is a huge game. It's E3 coverage has shown that. It's a great title to have at launch.

Yes, there may be people that wait or buy a Wii U version but considering the userbase of the Wii U to this point, there is a good chance that there are many gamers that would be willing to buy an NX for Zelda because they don't own a Wii U and, if it is marketed right, picking up the NX may be preferable. There's also a good chance that a good chunk of the Wii U market will also be buying the NX at launch since the Wii U is pretty much dead with very little left for upcoming games outside of Zelda and some indie titles. They may be willing to jump ship to the NX and just get Zelda for it as well to have something to play on their new console. If you put out Mario Kart, Mario or Metroid with the NX, I think you risk a bigger split of sales. Why buy Zelda for the NX when I can get it for the Wii U and buy that other first party title for NX instead?

Of course, this goes back to Twilight Princess. It's hard to say what effect that had on Wii sales in the beginning because there are a lot of other factors at play like the Wiimote with motion controls for gaming and Wii Sports pack-in. The Wii version was released first to further entice gamers to switch over which may have sweetened the deal for many to skip the GC release and I expect that to most likely happen with the NX version as well.

Moreover, with the amount of time BotW has taken to get here and the marketing it for it that has begun since E3, do you really think Nintendo is going to suddenly undercut that hype by showing a new Mario or Mario Kart game to hype that up for launch time as well and suddenly make that the new hotness? Unveiling it along with the NX means they've got around 5 months to suddenly start getting the word out and hyping it up too which means they'd probably have to start showing a lot more of that game in comparison to Zelda which has now had many things already revealed about it.

I just don't think Nintendo is going to release a heavy hitter like that at the same time. I can't think of that ever having happened in their history. I think they will stay conservative. They'll watch what happens at launch with the first titles released and console sales and then adjust their software output accordingly like they've always done.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2016, 03:21:53 AM »
Let's say that they released NX with Zelda, a new 3D Mario and even Smash Bros. Ultimate like you suggest with all DLC and Ice Climbers and one other new character. And yet despite all that, initial sales of the system are low. They sell 400,000 the first month, half of that the second and 100,000 the third month. What are they going to do now? Rush Mario Kart out in a last ditch effort? Mario Maker NX? Splatoon 2? Announce another 2D Mario game for fall? Turn back to the Wii U? Focus on the 3DS? Release another console? That is going to be a difficult spot to work themselves out of.

But let's say the NX faces that same first 3 months of sales but this time you've only released Zelda NX along with a couple other smaller first part efforts like the 3DS with Pilotwings and Steel Diver. By holding back on some first party titles, you've got better maneuverability with your software output to decide how you want to combat these sluggish sales. Perhaps now you'd throw out Smash Bros. Ultimate. It's not going to use up too many resources and doesn't affect much in the way of a true Smash Bros. Successor. Does that help make a difference? If you are thinking you may have to pull the plug on the console and just release something that is the same as a PS console, you've still got an option to do so with a 3D Mario game or Mario Kart at launch for it because you haven't put out those games on the NX and hopefully haven't tarnished them from the failure of that system.

If, on the other hand, the NX is very successful or has a decent launch, by holding back those titles and spacing out their release, then they should keep giving the console an extra boost every couple months in sales and interest to keep up sustained momentum give off consumer confidence that this is a healthy console that can keep sustaining gamer's demands for new games and titles to play on it. Nintendo was fortunate with the Wii because the PS3 was launched at the same time but it was outselling it so it looked better than its competitor for doing so which helped it in the media as news outlets talked about its success. It had the appeal and wonder of motion controls so that many people were willing to buy the console to experience that and maybe buy some other 3rd party early launch games they wouldn't have done with normal controls.

But the only thing Nintendo really did to sustain that momentum was release Wii Play which was basically a free game for those that wanted a second Wiimote. There was Super Paper Mario which was basically a finished GC game that was also ported over to the Wii like TP. Excite Truck was at launch and WarioWare Smooth Moves was, I think, a month or two after launch. It wasn't until Metroid Prime 3 was released almost 9 months after launch that Nintendo then began delivering most of their heavy hitters like Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. while at the same time being able to succeed on casual titles like Wii Fit still. Nintendo waited awhile before they finally started putting out their most popular software. They also had the luxury of being able to wait with how well console sales were but, if needed, one imagines they could have possibly rushed up the release of some of those titles by a few months.

The Wii followed the pattern of most Nintendo hardware releases. Launch a system with one big franchise title and a couple smaller or new IPs and then wait half a year at least before starting to release some bigger titles after seeing the market's reception.

One other factor I just remembered that differed with the Wii was the early launch of the Virtual Console which was a new concept at the time and helped sustain momentum with the slow trickle of classic games one could get during that post launch period. The novelty is the VC is gone so they can't rely on that slow trickle again like they tried with Wii U. Unless they can do something to revitalize interest in the VC, they can't expect gamers to be excited about Metroid NES or Paper Mario 64 being released on VC again to pass the time while waiting for the next NX release.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2016, 04:01:28 AM »
Very well explicated, Khushrenada.

I wouldn't be quite so bearish, though, given that theoretically the handheld and console outputs will be merged, so there should be a steadyish flow of software in the first year, even if there isn't a true post-Zelda blockbuster until holiday 2017. But I could see Pikmin 4 in the launch window, or something on the level of a Luigi's Mansion game. A non-Mario Kart racing game that takes advantage of the hardware's features could be a good bet as well.

Also, regarding the dilemma about Nintendo blowing their load or not at launch, I think they're kinda fucked either way if the first months of sales are as sluggish as your speculation.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2016, 04:32:52 AM »
Now it is late and Spak-Spang suckered me into making some more of my patented wall of text posts so I'm just going to throw out my idea of what I think would make a good NX launch.

Nintendo releases Breath of the Wild. Just like that, it's already a good launch. But to sweeten the deal, I expect Nintendo to release a new first party type of software like they've been doing with Nintendoland, Steel Diver, Wii Sports and Pikmin. The DS is the odd one out on that recent trend. It's the type of software meant to really showcase features of the new hardware (unless they feel Zelda does that well enough.) What that could be is hard to say but let's say the hybrid console theory is correct. The portable portion may be able to interact with other portables devices a la streetpass. Thus, it may be a game or minigames based on the concept of streetpassing but perhaps at a higher level of interaction or a next step that Nintendo has figured out to take with that concept. It could possibly even be packed in or preinstalled on the system depending on the size of the game.

Spak-Spang is right about a racing game usually being there close to launch though it isn't always Nintendo that's releasing a racing game. That said, I think if Nintendo was to have a racing game, I would turn to the F-Zero franchise and use that as a way of promoting the system and its online capabilities and infrastructure. Nintendo seems down on the sales expectations from a potential new F-Zero release so if they do want to give that series another kick at the can, making it available at launch and early in the system's life may be the way to give it the sales needed to make it a viable release option and get more customers than releasing it at other points in the console's life cycle. At least this way, Nintendo looks like it is giving the NX big support from the get-go with two franchise offerings at the beginning with Zelda and the lesser F-Zero which at least conveys more hardcore gamer appeal and support. F-Zero won't overshadow Zelda but it will still get solid hype just for being an F-Zero release after all this time. Much like Kid Icarus got a lot of press when the 3DS was promoted and launched even though it ended up coming out later than launch. You don't have to promote a racing game as much. Plus, if they do it right and have online racing, it could be a showcase for the NX's online capabilities as that would be a good title to use to highlight that Nintendo is serious about its online infrastructure being comparable to that of the PS Plus or XB Live and hopefully let 3rd parties see that they could bring those same experiences to the NX.

After that, its up to 3rd parties to make a splash like usual. Beyond Good and Evil 2 could help with that but the first game did not sell that well despite being a multiplatform release, IIRC. Thus, I'm not sure how much actual support a sequel would bring about in NX sales but it at least sends a message to consumers like the Bayonetta sequel that Nintendo does care about a core gamer experience. With Cloud appearing in Smash Wii U, perhaps an announcement of the FF7 remake coming to the NX can further seal the deal in winning over gamers that skipped the Wii U and giving the system a vibrant and strong launch.

After 2 months, release Fire Emblem Warriors, a sequel to Hyrule Warriors but with Fire Emblem characters designed to further help keep some of the kiddy image at bay during the launch period. That puts us in May. In another 2 months, if Pikmin 4 does exist and is not the 3DS game, then it might be time to release that. If not, then perhaps a new Mario Party would be an idea to give the system some multiplayer experiences or even better, a new Fortune Street further showing a stronger partnership of Square Enix and Nintendo. Or perhaps an RPG. Maybe Nintendo takes a chance with having Dragon Quest 11 released in North America a few months after its release in Japan.

In any case, the 4-5 month period after launch I would expect to be a bit quiet with titles that are interesting and have some appeal but may not be considered system sellers. They pad the line-up with different experiences at least. That puts to the end of August and start of September and that is when you start hammering the competition with some bigger titles like a Mario Platformer whether 2D or 3D. (3D would be preferable so the 2D would really have to hit it out of the park.) Mario Kart might be a possibility. Splatoon 2 seems reasonable to put out at this time with 2 years having gone by since the first one launched. Whatever Retro Studios has up their sleeve will most likely be a solid release. If the hybrid theory is correct and the 3DS is getting phased out, then perhaps there may even be a Pokémon game to have ready at this point. The cynical expectation might be a Diamond/Pearl remake but perhaps a new Pokémon Snap that one uses the portable portion of the console to take pictures of Pokémon in the real world a la Pokémon Go. With Animal Crossing: New Leaf now being about 4 - 5 years old, the public may be ready for a new AC experience. New Leaf brought the franchise to its best sales and Nintendo is clearly trying to cater and appeal to that market by focusing more on the AC franchise but nothing has worked as strongly as the main entries.

That's at least 5 titles which should all bring about big public interest in the NX and should lead to big sales all through the fall and winter season. Heck, maybe you even hold one or two back depending on what else may be available. Mario Kart I could see holding off until March or April a year after launch. In one year, you'll still have a system with Zelda, Mario, Animal Crossing, Pokémon, Splatoon, F-Zero and whatever Retro Studios is working on. Maybe Metroid maybe something else. That would be one of the most solid yearlong line-ups Nintendo has ever released on a console even if Mario Kart just misses the year mark. There's still a lot you can start prepping and have ready to release for the second year as well.

Finally, going back to the 4-5 month period after launch, even if Nintendo trickles out a couple titles, one thing that could be done to help keep up gamer interest and release more titles for the NX system could be the Virtual Console. But I'm not talking about VC games already released on the Wii U. I agree with Spak-Spang. Have the current VC ready at Day 1. That said, now might be the time to start releasing games for the GameCube and Dreamcast Virtual Console if Nintendo can work out a deal with Sega. With the titles for those 2 libraries, you could slowly trickle out games for them during this period as that would probably get a lot more interest than another re-release of NES or SNES games. Plus, there would still be indie games coming along at this time that may be of interest too.

Well, hope you enjoyed the Khushrenada NX Launch Fantasy. If you want year 2 of my NX fan-fiction. Just ask. Good night, all!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2016, 05:32:37 AM »
interesting

a couple reason why they should release a full load of games at launch.

NES kinda did it. OK so NES didn't really do it, but if you look at time as a fractional thing. 3 years in the 80s equals 6 months now. I had this poster back in the day.

It basically tells you what games are on the system and what games to buy. Not all NES systems sold at once.

Today you have to put all your chips on the table. The public doesn't want a few chips at a time. They want chips and chips and more chips.

The other reason why Nintendo should do this? They didn't even do the chips at a time one WiiU.
Where were the Zelda and Metroid games?

Why were the Mario games all 2d or glorified 3ds games (yeah, , I finally bought into Mario 3d world and it clearly was designed for 3ds and not wii u, theres some parts of the game where depth perception breaks and you know they were meant for a 3d screen)

Nintendo should be making at least 2 per system plus new games.They have been lacking in output and they need to resolve the gap and then some.

That is all they need to do get the public's trust back. They need steady output. The last 4 years were not even a time to lower output, they were actually economically good years.

Will they finally resolve this? Maybe one day. IDK n64 and Gamecube output from Nintendo and it's subsidiaries were more substantial. At least they got RPGs going for them now.

I don't want NX to be this super powerful beast with a one button port of Super Mario Run.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:07:11 AM by ThePerm »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2016, 06:11:10 AM »
The NX needs a consistent flow of games. They can't do it like the Wii U where the first post-launch first party game didn't come out for over six months.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2016, 07:23:46 AM »
And was a good but load-time encumbered Lego game, of all things.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.