Author Topic: Would I like Glory of Heracles?  (Read 1274 times)

Offline TheXenocide

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Would I like Glory of Heracles?
« on: October 17, 2012, 11:29:31 PM »
I've had my eye on Glory of Heracles for quite a while and we have a copy at work that I can get for $3.75. The thing is, I really don't like RPG's that much. I really enjoy the Mario and Luigi and the Paper Mario games, I've played a lot of Pokemon back in the day, and I've even played the Sonic RPG, but that's about the extent of my RPG experience. My main complaints with RPG's are grinding and obscene amounts of enemy encounters. With grinding, I like to just be able to go through the game and fight bosses as I find them instead of feeling like I have to train just to play through the game; that being said, I just checked and it has newgame+, so a little grinding won't bother me assuming I keep my levels between playthroughs. With encounters, I don't mind a Pokemon level of random encounters, but I don't like being attacked every three steps. So, given my preferences on RPG's, do you guys think I would enjoy Glory of Heracles?

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Would I like Glory of Heracles?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 02:10:59 PM »
You know I never knew this game existed until just now. I also played the Sonic RPG by Bioware, I thought it was fairly well done but nothing ground breaking.

Protip: If you're going to write a long post its far easier to read if you separate it in to paragraphs. As it stands now, its what the internets would call a "wall of text".

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 06:53:22 PM »
I've never played the game but I'd try anything for less than $4. What do you really have to lose?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 07:12:57 PM »
I don't recall the encounter rate being obscene when I played it, and for $4 it's worth it just for the localization (Riccardi and the 8-4 guys nailed this).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.