Author Topic: Godzilla!!!!!!!  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Terranigma Freak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Godzilla!!!!!!!
« on: August 21, 2007, 11:25:01 AM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4223.html

New stage revealed along with their graphics technology. This game is shaping up very nicely. LOVE the bump mapped snow. Freaking SSX didn't have bump mapped snow, and that game is ALL about snow.

BTW, look to your right for 4 more short videos of the game.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
RE: Godzilla!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 12:17:47 PM »
Looks real nice to me. Also, nice to see the unorthodox match up of Anguirus and Mothra posted. Really can't wait to get this game.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline therat

• View Profile
RE:Godzilla!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 01:24:34 PM »
link   now i want a cookie  

Offline therat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 01:28:08 PM »
wow, looks like each monster has 3 moves! omg this games going to be incredible! sigh

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 10:07:14 AM »
I still want this game, I loved the one on the GameCube, and the sequel which was sadly not on the GameCube.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 05:07:33 PM »
Played this at PAX, style is very similar to the GC version from awhile back. Graphics look nice, levels are more complex and there are some nice effects. A few rough spots though. Had to figure out the controls on my own, but I think I can get used to them.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 07:50:25 PM »
Yes, word is that the demo has improved a lot compared to the one featured at E3/Comic Con.

So ShyGuy... overall thoughts? Something worth buying from what you played?
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 01:24:56 PM »
Well, I played one round as MechaGodzilla, some I'm sure there is more to the game to see. I think I will pick this up, but probably not at release. Picking up buildings is done by shaking the nunchuk which was a little weird, but I think the controls will be doable. It had a decent crowd around it every time I went past, so I think it will do okay.  

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 05:25:49 PM »
http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=1155084020

This video needs to be shared. The game is coming along quite nice... but I really love the end to this particular battle. Quite unexpectedly gruesome, although not graphic, conclusion.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 05:49:57 PM »
Why do people like these games so much?

:: Ducks::  

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 07:34:31 PM »
Mashiro there's no point in ducking, Godzilla will still stomp you no matter where you hide, or, he can always use you as a toothpick.

Hohohoho, that was an awesome fight, thanks for the video Arbok...and that was indeed unexpectedly gruesome, just the sound effect was enough lol.

I hope this game has an online battle mode, I really, really want this game just for that...but I will still get this game even if it doesn't have an online mode because I love screaming, ravaging, destructive, gargantuan monsters going at each other.

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 02:32:17 AM »
That was freaking awesome!

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 08:01:26 PM »
Bump of all bumps, but:

http://blogs.ign.com/Pipeworks_Software/

Congrats on getting a response from one of the producers Terranigma Freak!
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 04:06:35 AM »
Thanks man. Unfortunately, they kind skipped out on most of the questions. They did tackle the issue of lighting so I'm happy about that. I honestly think the building themselves could benefit from some form of lighting rather than the same old gouraud shading.

Hey Arbok... I've been thinking. The game is heavily underrated in terms of visuals. Trust me, they are pushing quite a few VERY nice special effects on the Wii. I'm not kidding about it being the most technologically advanced, but it seems that the average joe has no idea what they're seeing. Do you think it's possible that you can get me in contact with someone in charge of the graphics (or someone in PW who knows the visual effects) for an interview for Tohokingdoms? Simon Strange is out of the question since he told me through PM he's no expert in that department. I'll PM you through your Tohokingdom account again, and if you're interested, give me a reply and I'll give you more details on what I have in mind.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 04:39:59 AM »
When I played the game, my favorite visual effect was the sunlight reflecting off the water, it seemed dynamic and sparkley. The buildings had more detail than the cube game and the ground had different levels instead of the city being on completely flat ground.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 09:18:42 AM »
This game really needs to be advertised more. Shown around to all sorts of different websites, get IGN to write about their awesomeness in tech, etc.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.