Author Topic: Sadness Officially Announced  (Read 10643 times)

Offline Nosferat2

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Sadness Officially Announced
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 04:41:39 PM »
Wow, a next generation game that is black and white. They sould call it [Oh, hey man. My name is Standard Rules. You're kind going against my ruling here on using offensive slurs. First warning, m'kay? Thanks.].  I think the decision to do it as such is that they are new and lack the experience to make a visually striking game. Which is ok, but dont cover it up by saying its the "style" they chose or that it is "stylish".

Man twice the power of the system that created RE4 and we get a black and white game. Am i the only one disappointed by the news.
Ill reserve judgement till i see it, but right now the news blows....  

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Sadness Officially Announced
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 05:00:25 PM »

Originally posted by: Nosferat2
Wow, a next generation game that is black and white. They sould call it Gayness.  I think the decision to do it as such is that they are new and lack the experience to make a visually striking game. Which is ok, but dont cover it up by saying its the "style" they chose or that it is "stylish".

Man twice the power of the system that created RE4 and we get a black and white game. Am i the only one disappointed by the news.
Ill reserve judgement till i see it, but right now the news blows....

I think thats very narrow minded of you to say that, the game is supposed to take place pre- world war 1 and they said that they are focusing on atmosphere and mood rather than going rambo and mowing down everything in sight.  Also the smallest dev houses sometimes has the best ideas and this one sounds very interesting. I personally think that graphics are losing their luster since graphics do not really make or break the game, its the game mechanics and gameplay that decide that factor. Sure graphics can make some games stylish like cellshading did make some games really stylish and maybe this monochromatic style can make this game really fresh and stylish.

Also on IGN it was said that one of their inspirations to Sadness is Sin City so I wonder how this pans out.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Tansunn

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 06:42:41 PM »
Well, I admit it's an unusual decision, but I'm interested to see what they do with it.  It's definitely grabbed my attention, at least.

Also...

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Uhhh, does ANYONE preorder a game that's just been announced?

Zelda, anyone?

...unless you mean new franchises, in which case I'd probably agree.

Offline AManatee2

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 08:04:11 PM »
i'll play it.

i'm already in love with the revolution. it's so endearing.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 08:18:10 PM »

Originally posted by: Nosferat2
Wow, a next generation game that is black and white. They sould call it [Oh, hey man. My name is Standard Rules. You're kind going against my ruling here on using offensive slurs. First warning, m'kay? Thanks.].  I think the decision to do it as such is that they are new and lack the experience to make a visually striking game. Which is ok, but dont cover it up by saying its the "style" they chose or that it is "stylish".

Hehehehehehehe. Hehehehehehe. Hehehehe.

Hehehehe.

Hehehe.

Hehe.

He.

Heheheheheheheehe.

Hehe.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 08:25:39 PM »
I can hear it now....

"The Revoltion is so week it can't even output culor graphix! LOL AMIRITE?!"

But really, do we know anything about this game other then the fact it will be black and white? I hope they steal from Sin City/ Wind Waker and have either the main character in color (Like Link when he first visited the underwater castle of Hyrule) or certain objects in color. All black and white... can be cool when done right in films, but seems like it could get boring in video games.  

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 08:43:29 PM »
As I recall, the begaining of BoF II ( Breath of Fire II ) was in B&W for abit. It was a great game
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 08:45:19 PM »
For some odd, irrational, illogical, inexplicable reason...

This game makes me hope against hope for a Jane Austen videogame adaptation...

Sense & Sensibility the game? Take me now!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 09:10:04 PM »
I hear you can reach the project leader at depressio@homestarrunner.com .

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 11:52:25 PM »
NiBRiS is, I have to say, doing an excellent job of hyping themselves. It should make it much easier for them to get a publisher/dev kits/funding, now that everyone who is following revolution wants their games.

Oh, the people here who are dismissing this game because it's black and white are filling me with.....well, I can't think of the word, but, some negative emotion.

I hear you can reach the project leader at depressio@homestarrunner.com

I tried emailing him about the project, but all he would talk about was some animal that died.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 12:09:25 AM »
How sad...

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 08:47:43 AM »
Thus Sadness was born! or related to the cause that lead to sadness and insanity, and insomiacs everywhere!
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 11:24:37 AM »
People complaining about a projected exclusive Rev game?  Wow, our standards have certainly risen quite a bit here at pgc.  And complaining about a B & W game is like complaining about B & W films(which I assume most of you do).  Color, b & w matters not as long as the game/film is good.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch Eraserhead...in B & W!  (oh no!)
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 11:50:37 AM »
The Academy award nominated film "Good Night, and Good Luck" - for which George "Time's 1997 Handsomest Man Alive" Clooney won a supporting actor award - was in black and white. That movie was also a period piece, and it STILL earned a nomination for Best Picture.

If you've got an issue with Black and White, then you'll have to take it with Mr. Oscar.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 12:18:28 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
The Academy award nominated film "Good Night, and Good Luck" - for which George "Time's 1997 Handsomest Man Alive" Clooney won a supporting actor award - was in black and white. That movie was also a period piece, and it STILL earned a nomination for Best Picture.

If you've got an issue with Black and White, then you'll have to take it with Mr. Oscar.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Well, first of all Clooney won for Syriana (he wasn't nominated for his performance in GNAGL, just writing and directing).

Second, there is no need to argue whether or not black and white movies are good or bad. There is simply no basis for saying they're bad, so it's not worth humouring someone who feels that. Best to ignore stupidity.

As for a black and white video game...it's never been done. But I think if some movies play best in B&W (and some definitely do, see the Coen brother's Man Who Wasn't There, Schindler's List, aforementioned Sin City), then perhaps a game can too. With good gameplay it'll be a good game, and hey, the B&W may add something!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2006, 02:26:04 PM »

Originally posted by: Artimus

Originally posted by: Kairon

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Well, first of all Clooney won for Syriana (he wasn't nominated for his performance in GNAGL, just writing and directing).

Second, there is no need to argue whether or not black and white movies are good or bad. There is simply no basis for saying they're bad, so it's not worth humouring someone who feels that. Best to ignore stupidity.

As for a black and white video game...it's never been done. But I think if some movies play best in B&W (and some definitely do, see the Coen brother's Man Who Wasn't There, Schindler's List, aforementioned Sin City), then perhaps a game can too. With good gameplay it'll be a good game, and hey, the B&W may add something!

ARRRRGH! I have been PWNT! BBQED! I need to LERN2PLAY!

/cry

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Professor Gnarly

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2006, 07:35:06 AM »
I hope its a survival horror game.  That's a genre that could benefit from B & W.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2006, 09:00:09 AM »
there are some things you can do in black and white that are haeder to do in color. It would probably e easier to reach a higher evel of realism.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NotSoStu

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2006, 04:59:42 AM »
Hey, guys, sorry to rain on your happy day, but what are the chances Nibris even has a dev kit? Yeah. That's correct. Nada.
i haven't used this in years why is it the second result when you search my name asdfadsfasfa

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2006, 05:42:01 AM »
They have a Gamecube devkit they've been working with (since it's supposedly very similar to the Rev one).  With all the attention they're garnering, I wouldn't really be surprised if they managed to pick up a publisher and a Revdevkit.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2006, 03:47:44 PM »
Ha, that's good.. Revkit. Kind of like prE3..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2006, 04:02:15 PM »
So what is this game about?

Last I heard about it was that your some crazy lunatic that's pretty depressed/pissed off and that you can't go to sleep.

If it is a survival horror game, black and white would be perfect. Although, I would like a few hints of blue and green every now and then (like walking through a moonlit field).
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2006, 08:16:26 PM »
Screen warping effects and optical illusions would be nice.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2006, 11:27:38 PM »
I thought they said narcolepsy, not insomnia.  Narcolepsy is randomly falling asleep.
Which, to me, sounds much more interesting.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>