Author Topic: Wii U Rumor Round-Up  (Read 13024 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U Rumor Round-Up
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 12:14:18 AM »
Nintendo World Report does not comment on rumors and speculation.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Serbis

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 02:36:55 AM »
I have a feeling Retro is working on F-Zero... I just have this innate feeling they are, because why else would they be working on Mario Kart 3DS tracks and attempting to revive yet again another dead Nintendo franchise? It would be killer to have the game not only be a racer, but have some side story to it. If anyone can blend the series together and make it feel new and fresh again, it's Retro.

As for Platinum dealing with Star Fox, it makes me excited because I wonder what they are gonna do with the game. If it is anything close to Bayonetta/God of War with being able to go into the jet as well. This game is gonna kick so much ass! It's unlikely since Adventures was horrible, but Assault had alot of potential, but felt redundant due to the system limitations. Nowadays though, I think it's time for SF to go into another direction besides Aerial combat simulator. It could be Nintendo's answer to God of War.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 10:06:35 AM »
Nintendo World Report does not comment on rumors and speculation.

Can their staff unofficially comment on rumors and speculation?

Offline C-Olimar

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2012, 12:25:03 PM »
Isn't Sumo Digital developing Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed?

Offline house3136

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »
 I apologize for any misunderstanding if I didn’t elucidate enough in my initial post.  When I said “most advanced processor IBM can muster”, I meant within a reasonable price range, not the most advanced processor IBM can create within the technological ability of 2012 (not that you were implying that either). I understand IBM’s business extends far beyond any bone Nintendo throws their way; but it’s not like their partnership hasn’t been a cash cow for them either so “biting the bullet” may have been poor syntax on my part. I just think it would behoove both companies not to skip on power even if it means decreasing the profit margin. What we know is the PS3, 360, and 3DS are/were being sold at a  loss because they can boost profits through games sales due to console saturation, and we all know 1st/2nd party is Nintendo’s forte.   And as much as I enjoyed your automobile analogy, it’s not entirely apt. Comparing a highly specialized luxury sports car that appeals to a very select group, to a product that is meant to appeal to the mass market is almost impossible. What I mean is, it doesn’t cost Lamborghini $290,000 to produce a $300,000 car; they’re probably selling it at a 200% markup because of its exclusivity. Also, the refresh cycle and depreciation value for a CPU is much different than an inherent collectors’ item, which is essentially the crux of my statement: both companies will definitely make a profit from this endeavor over the long term, so why go cheap? Finally, I just want to thank you for being so dedicated to the Wii U rumor forum, exceptional work.

Offline rialopablo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2012, 01:54:38 PM »
I think that, maybe Nintendo upgrades the Wii U (which has also the rumor of being changed) with the engines. Because they need more budget develop the Wii U more. Just like with the Wii (System updates, accessories, changing the Wii from NGC compatible to not compatible).

Offline SonofMrPeanut

• (illegitimately)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2012, 08:09:44 PM »
I apologize for any misunderstanding if I didn’t elucidate enough in my initial post.  When I said “most advanced processor IBM can muster”, I meant within a reasonable price range, not the most advanced processor IBM can create within the technological ability of 2012 (not that you were implying that either). I understand IBM’s business extends far beyond any bone Nintendo throws their way; but it’s not like their partnership hasn’t been a cash cow for them either so “biting the bullet” may have been poor syntax on my part. I just think it would behoove both companies not to skip on power even if it means decreasing the profit margin. What we know is the PS3, 360, and 3DS are/were being sold at a  loss because they can boost profits through games sales due to console saturation, and we all know 1st/2nd party is Nintendo’s forte.   And as much as I enjoyed your automobile analogy, it’s not entirely apt. Comparing a highly specialized luxury sports car that appeals to a very select group, to a product that is meant to appeal to the mass market is almost impossible. What I mean is, it doesn’t cost Lamborghini $290,000 to produce a $300,000 car; they’re probably selling it at a 200% markup because of its exclusivity. Also, the refresh cycle and depreciation value for a CPU is much different than an inherent collectors’ item, which is essentially the crux of my statement: both companies will definitely make a profit from this endeavor over the long term, so why go cheap? Finally, I just want to thank you for being so dedicated to the Wii U rumor forum, exceptional work.

So in other words, it's comparable to the SGI that was the N64, the most advanced of their technology at the consumer level.  Seems fair.

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 12:36:15 PM »
Great article! I can't wait until June 5th to see what happens at E3. I know spike will have Microsoft on live on the 4th. Is nintendo going to be on TV or just a livestream ?