Author Topic: Fighting Games: JOIN THA WULFPACK  (Read 235969 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Weren't you complaining awhile back about the two DLC MvC3 characters costing money?
I don't think it was me. Maybe it was me. I only complain about fake-DLC pay unlocks though :3

I'm not sure how anybody can defend the poor decisions of Skullgirls. And I don't believe that "if a move list went in, something else would go out." That's not how this works. By comparison to every other production value, the move list must be exceedingly small and easy to implement.
Yeah, actually, it's exactly how it works. Implementing a movelist is a little more complicated than copy-paste-a-bunch-of-code-thing. For one thing, the staff has like maybe two and a half programmers, and I believe it has to be made to jive in multiple languages (it's a world wide release). It's not as easy as you make it out to be. It's weird that they don't have it on day one, yeah, but I'm getting the vibe that they were absolutely out of time and/or money.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Weren't you complaining awhile back about the two DLC MvC3 characters costing money?

You're probably remembering when I complained about that when talking about Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, a game that claims to be the definitive version of the game yet doesn't come with the whopping 2 DLC characters from its 8 month-old predecessor.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
Skullgirls crew challenge: can you beat 14k damage in one combo in practice mode? Obey the 5 meter limit and no infinite hitsparks :faust:

Then go for my record of 17011!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:01:31 AM by S-U-P-E-R »

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Well I finally gotten to try the demo/trial from Skullgirls and I rather enjoyed it a bit.  Went to the training room frist to figure out the moveset.  Managed to get up to 12K worth of damage just jamming on the buttons.

Might get this once they patch it with the command list and maybe a few more characters.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
Here have some videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndoC_6UzBZU#t=44s <- actual footage of broodwars visiting my fight club
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:15:45 AM by S-U-P-E-R »

Offline Squalid Pumpkin

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
So I finished playing SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millennium some time ago. I loved the game. I adore the art style, I love the variety of characters available and unlockable, and I appreciate that the character sprites are short so that they leave a lot of space above them to jump (weird thing to like, but I'm not into characters being unable to jump any satisfactory height or getting their top half cut off at the top when they do). Granted, I couldn't beat the game at any mode higher than Easy, but things kind of evened near the end when I had to play Tournament mode more times than if I'd done a higher difficulty to chip away at unlocking characters.

I'm now playing other Neo Geo Pocket Color fighters alongside games I give my primary focus. I want to buy the SNK collections - the general arcade one, the King of Fighters one, the Samurai Shodown one, any other I'm missing from this list - and the Capcom collections that contain Street Fighter and several versions of Street Fighter II. If anyone has recommendations of collections or specific versions of a collection, let me know because I have both a Wii and a PlayStation 2.

I'm also missing the Fightman Game blog posts. I understand some of their in-jokes better than others, but I enjoy each new one.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:59:47 PM by Squalid Pumpkin »

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection on ps2 is pretty awesome. It has ST, 3rd Strike, some other stuff and great extras. Also, download GGPO.

Welp, guess I better start updating Fightman Game again! Should I keep it on tumblr, move it, mirror it, or does it not matter? I don't really like tumblr except for the chance to be reblogged...

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
Since this thread has been bumped, have a taste of the update notes for Skullgirls:

•TOURNAMENT MODE with mandatory controller selection + button settings every set, all colors unlocked, no achievement gains, and goes back to controller select if a controller is unplugged after match.

ʉۢMenus wrap

ʉۢExit Game no longer exits game, is "End Match" (End Match no longer exists)

ʉۢIPS counts standing/crouching/command normals that use the same button as the same move

ʉۢPost-startup throw tech window extended 3 frames

ʉۢAchievement freezes fixed

ʉۢDouble's level 3 sped up and only kills on the last hit, sends opponent to opposite side of the screen afterward, if it hits an assist is no longer invincible

ʉۢHornet Bomber HK no longer has any invincibility and causes techable knockdown.

ʉۢValentine's level 3 sped up and if you hold punch skips the cutscene

•Valentine's green vial wears off twice as fast if the opponent is in hitstun

ʉۢFortune's head leaps to the other side of the screen after Omnomnom

ʉۢParasoul's tears scale properly in combos and according to team size

ʉۢPainwheel's spindash is just down + mash K instead of down, down + mash K

ʉۢCerebella's Excelebella assist input is more lenient at custom assist screen

ʉۢFilia's air tatsu is negative edge-able and assist calling is fixed

ʉۢNetcode fixes

ʉۢGGPO savestates, dummy options in Training Mode

ʉۢAssist characters take 20% additional damage (used to be 6%)

ʉۢMovelists

ʉۢVisible nametags/custom assist choices in online VS

ʉۢ360 load times roughly 1/3rd the length they used to be

ʉۢInstead of hitboxes, low-resolution versions of the characters appear when data isn't fully loaded

ʉۢLP + HK is assist 1, LK + HP is assist 2 (in addition to previous inputs), easier to do on pad

ʉۢDeadbody combos that trigger IPS immediately cause invincibility on the corpse

ʉۢTime is stopped while a character is dead and before the next character comes in

ʉۢIf you happy birthday, you'll never see bubblegum sparks if you continue comboing an assist after killing the point earlier in the combo

ʉۢTraining Mode input display

ʉۢvarious crash fixes

There's more stuff we don't know about yet (this is coming with the update that adds a character or two)

Offline Squalid Pumpkin

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection on ps2 is pretty awesome. It has ST, 3rd Strike, some other stuff and great extras. Also, download GGPO.

Welp, guess I better start updating Fightman Game again! Should I keep it on tumblr, move it, mirror it, or does it not matter? I don't really like tumblr except for the chance to be reblogged...
Whichever you decide, just so long as you link in this thread or in your sig. That blog is off the hook! And you know that serious commitment goes along with titling a post "Inevitable Skullgirls Article X of 33".  :P:

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
GGX2#R for 3 bucks on GoG. It's an outdated version I guess but hey 3 bucks!

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/guilty_gear_x2_reload

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Since this thread has been bumped, have a taste of the update notes for Skullgirls:

•TOURNAMENT MODE with mandatory controller selection + button settings every set, all colors unlocked, no achievement gains, and goes back to controller select if a controller is unplugged after match.

ʉۢMenus wrap

ʉۢExit Game no longer exits game, is "End Match" (End Match no longer exists)

ʉۢIPS counts standing/crouching/command normals that use the same button as the same move

ʉۢPost-startup throw tech window extended 3 frames

ʉۢAchievement freezes fixed

ʉۢDouble's level 3 sped up and only kills on the last hit, sends opponent to opposite side of the screen afterward, if it hits an assist is no longer invincible

ʉۢHornet Bomber HK no longer has any invincibility and causes techable knockdown.

ʉۢValentine's level 3 sped up and if you hold punch skips the cutscene

•Valentine's green vial wears off twice as fast if the opponent is in hitstun

ʉۢFortune's head leaps to the other side of the screen after Omnomnom

ʉۢParasoul's tears scale properly in combos and according to team size

ʉۢPainwheel's spindash is just down + mash K instead of down, down + mash K

ʉۢCerebella's Excelebella assist input is more lenient at custom assist screen

ʉۢFilia's air tatsu is negative edge-able and assist calling is fixed

ʉۢNetcode fixes

ʉۢGGPO savestates, dummy options in Training Mode

ʉۢAssist characters take 20% additional damage (used to be 6%)

ʉۢMovelists

ʉۢVisible nametags/custom assist choices in online VS

ʉۢ360 load times roughly 1/3rd the length they used to be

ʉۢInstead of hitboxes, low-resolution versions of the characters appear when data isn't fully loaded

ʉۢLP + HK is assist 1, LK + HP is assist 2 (in addition to previous inputs), easier to do on pad

ʉۢDeadbody combos that trigger IPS immediately cause invincibility on the corpse

ʉۢTime is stopped while a character is dead and before the next character comes in

ʉۢIf you happy birthday, you'll never see bubblegum sparks if you continue comboing an assist after killing the point earlier in the combo

ʉۢTraining Mode input display

ʉۢvarious crash fixes

There's more stuff we don't know about yet (this is coming with the update that adds a character or two)

Excellent. I really want to like this game; hopefully I will after this GIGANTIC FUCKING UPDATE.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
I just thought of something... DIABLO 3 DIDN'T RELEASE WITH PVP OR THE REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE. I HOPE ALL YOU SKULL GIRLS WHINERS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT DIABLO 3 OR YOU ARE FREAKING HYPOCRITES

Thankyou.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
I just thought of something... DIABLO 3 DIDN'T RELEASE WITH PVP OR THE REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE. I HOPE ALL YOU SKULL GIRLS WHINERS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT DIABLO 3 OR YOU ARE FREAKING HYPOCRITES

Thankyou.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
I could post a bunch of words but this is all I want to say, really:

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
I don't get it. Are you celebrating because Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is coming to the Wii U?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
Is it? I'm just amused that snoop dogg is in it

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Fasten your seat belts, fighting game fans, It looks like Avengers Kinect is going to REDEFINE the fighting genre.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-the-avengers/731935

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
This is the game that will REDEFINE the agl;kjglkhsdfj

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
what the...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Wow.  This game is pretty damn amazing...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
Here's a good article:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-11-the-rise-and-collapse-of-yoshinori-ono

Also, playing in arcades in Japan owns

edit:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:56:33 AM by S-U-P-E-R »

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Played DoA5 at E3. I liked it. Looks great. They fixed the breast physics.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Fixed? How much research is needed to get it right.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
How about they fix the gameplay next? Heh :smug:

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
This thread needs more Nidhogg.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.