Author Topic: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)  (Read 411435 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)
« Reply #251 on: September 22, 2012, 04:04:16 AM »
Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist if it weren't for Nintendo

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/22/3371474/bayonetta-2-would-not-exist-without-nintendo-platinum-games-wii-u

Nintendo bailed out Bayonetta 2 from SEGA's lack of publishing interest, so Platinum Games should owe Ninty another game or two as a thank-you favor.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 22, 2012, 04:37:44 AM »
More like Bayonetta 3 will be PS4 exclusive.

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 22, 2012, 05:44:10 AM »
Confirmed. I was hiding under the desk when Hideki Kamiya and Kaz Hirai were discussing Bayonetta 3. When Kamiya proposed the idea of an exclusive for PS4 I heard Kaz Hirai shout RIIIIIDGE RAAAAACER gleefully, I took that as a positive sign. Actually all Kaz said for the entire meeting was 'ridge racer' but I could tell from his tone whether it meant yes, no or more details please.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 22, 2012, 05:47:42 AM »

But hopefully not until sometime after the Bayonetta fanbase has already purchased a Wii U.
is your sanity...

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 22, 2012, 11:03:35 AM »
that's what most people thought anyway.

After playing the denpaman demo and looking at the talent at the studio, I hope genius sorority decides to make an eshop rpg vetween making the next console pokemon game.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 23, 2012, 01:57:18 AM »
Say one has a Nintendo Wii Points Card since launch, purchased, but still unopened.... what are the chances that it will work with the store interface (if any) of the Wii U?  Has there been word of how the points will transition.  The VC titles?

I'm worried this card may not even work simply due to age, but I'd rather not dump it into a system when the successor is only a few months away.  Nintendo didn't really have an account system, so I can see transitioning being tricky.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2012, 02:06:22 AM »
DSi cards aren't accepted by the 3DS eShop, so I wouldn't expect that card to work with the Wii U.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline coffeewithgames

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
    • Coffee with Games
« Reply #258 on: September 23, 2012, 03:11:06 AM »
Say one has a Nintendo Wii Points Card since launch, purchased, but still unopened.... what are the chances that it will work with the store interface (if any) of the Wii U?  Has there been word of how the points will transition.  The VC titles?

I'm worried this card may not even work simply due to age, but I'd rather not dump it into a system when the successor is only a few months away.  Nintendo didn't really have an account system, so I can see transitioning being tricky.

Yeah, the online stuff is what I'm waiting to hear from Nintendo, and not addressing it at the main conference seemed really odd to me. I mean, they were pitching Nintendo TVii for nearly 1/3rd of the conference, but failed to address the eShop, Virtual Console and WiiWare transfers, prices, purchases, online multiplayer, etc. I really hope they blow the lid off on it before the console releases, because if not it might be a reason I don't get the system.

As for your Wii Points Card, do you still have a Wii that works? A Nintendo rep when interviewed after the conference said the Virtual Console (and WiiWare) purchases will transfer from the Wii consoles to the Wii U consoles, but you will need both consoles to make it work.

So, if you have your Wii still, you can use the points on Virtual Console/WiiWare titles, and then just transfer them over when/if you get the Wii U...I just hope it's an easy transition.
Drinking coffee, playing games!
http://coffeewithgames.com/

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #259 on: September 23, 2012, 06:21:06 PM »
DSi cards aren't accepted by the 3DS eShop, so I wouldn't expect that card to work with the Wii U.

But I think that is because the eShop uses cash values for games instead of points. If the Wii U uses points, then I think the Nintendo Points cards will work.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 23, 2012, 07:16:48 PM »

But I think that is because the eShop uses cash values for games instead of points. If the Wii U uses points, then I think the Nintendo Points cards will work.

Why would Nintendo go back to using points when they finally got rid of them for the 3DS eShop?

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 24, 2012, 04:53:33 AM »

Why would Nintendo go back to using points when they finally got rid of them for the 3DS eShop?
Because they didn't get rid of them for the Wii?  Its successor is the Wii U.  So it could possibly still keep the points.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 24, 2012, 11:56:49 AM »

Yeah, the online stuff is what I'm waiting to hear from Nintendo, and not addressing it at the main conference seemed really odd to me. I mean, they were pitching Nintendo TVii for nearly 1/3rd of the conference, but failed to address the eShop, Virtual Console and WiiWare transfers, prices, purchases, online multiplayer, etc. I really hope they blow the lid off on it before the console releases, because if not it might be a reason I don't get the system.

As for your Wii Points Card, do you still have a Wii that works? A Nintendo rep when interviewed after the conference said the Virtual Console (and WiiWare) purchases will transfer from the Wii consoles to the Wii U consoles, but you will need both consoles to make it work.

So, if you have your Wii still, you can use the points on Virtual Console/WiiWare titles, and then just transfer them over when/if you get the Wii U...I just hope it's an easy transition.

Hey are you the same Coffewithgames from GoNintendo? The guy that posts articles showing gameplay data from the Nintendo Channel?

Lots of people from GoNintendo are on here, it seems. I wonder how many if you are also on Nsider2 and Nintendo Life?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 24, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »

Because they didn't get rid of them for the Wii?  Its successor is the Wii U.  So it could possibly still keep the points.

The 3DS was the successor to the DSi and still dropped points. The Wii U is using the same eShop brand as the 3DS, so it would seem likely that it would use real money values as well. I'd be shocked if it didn't.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2012, 04:12:05 PM »

Hey are you the same Coffewithgames from GoNintendo? The guy that posts articles showing gameplay data from the Nintendo Channel?

Lots of people from GoNintendo are on here, it seems. I wonder how many if you are also on Nsider2 and Nintendo Life?

I also frequent Gonintendo all the time for general news and pics but am not a member.  I am a fan of N-sider.com and its forums (even though its dead most of the time) but since they went to the new layout, I can't seem to find the forum anywhere lol.  Also, is N-sider.com in anyway related to Nsider2.com?  If they are, why the 2 sites?

Anyways, to get back on topic, I don't really see how Nintendo's online service will be fully up and running come launch day.  With little to nothing revealed, it makes me really wonder if things are ready.  Hopefully more info will be given at the next NintendoDirect.  I'm expecting at least one more before launch. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:22:44 PM by Mannypon »

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 25, 2012, 02:59:17 PM »
Well there are 2 months left until launch, so I'm sure there will be at least 2 Nintendo Directs detailing the online features.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 25, 2012, 07:35:43 PM »
Has this been posted yet?

More Launch Window games have yet to be announced!
http://ign.com/articles/2012/09/24/the-difficulty-discussing-wii-u
Yet knowing that some gamers wanted more information, Fils-Aime noted that that more unannounced Wii U games are in development, including some that will release “during the launch window that we haven’t announced yet." Precisely when we’d learn more information about that software, and who is developing it, is unclear.

Anyone care to take a wild guess as to which games that may be?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #267 on: September 25, 2012, 07:45:50 PM »
I would think Major League Baseball 2K13 is a safe bet.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #268 on: September 26, 2012, 12:22:26 AM »
I still think Resident Evil 6 is one of them, too. Maybe some digital releases... I'd love to see Hell Yeah! make its way to the eShop - that game is gorgeous, hand-drawn art made of pure sex.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 26, 2012, 12:27:13 AM »

There's not going to be an MLB2K13. Take Two is getting out when their deal expires next year and they already said they're not making another MLB game after 2k12. Wii U and Xbox will not have MLB games for 2013.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour series is a sports title that comes out around March. That's one game there.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 26, 2012, 12:34:05 AM »
I still think Resident Evil 6 is one of them, too.
I wish, but I think a Gold Edition next year with DLC included is more likely. I'd love to be wrong.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #271 on: September 26, 2012, 12:37:39 AM »
they already said they're not making another MLB game after 2k12.

They actually did not say that, they just said that 2K12 was the last game under the current agreement. Some people just assumed this meant that they would not make a 2K13.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 26, 2012, 12:55:15 AM »
Count me in for Resident Evil 6. I also want to say he is talking about low budget downloadable titles as well.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 26, 2012, 09:57:08 AM »
Is there any definitive list of Wii U launch or near launch games? If there's not, could someone toss one together? I want to see what my options are game wise when the system lands.
is your sanity...

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 26, 2012, 10:12:23 AM »
Is there any definitive list of Wii U launch or near launch games? If there's not, could someone toss one together? I want to see what my options are game wise when the system lands.
What? You actually WANT a Wii U?
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.