Author Topic: Webcomics  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Webcomics
« on: February 20, 2006, 01:39:09 PM »
I've been in rookie webcomic teams a couple times (although neither of them got to the net, even though the second one had around eight strips finished), and I always find it funny that the biggest argument you'll ever have has nothing to do with what art style you're going to use, whether or not you'll have story arcs, etc. It's the name. And man, my webcomics had some bad first-idea names. Here are a few examples:

Warez Waldo

ROMmates

I Think She Gave Me Pixelitus

Go After Monday, Energetic Robot! (G.A.M.E.R., get it? Oh, god... )

The final names were eventually Console Wars and High-Rez. The former lost its artist in pre-production and the second comic disbanded from inner conflict. I'd do my own but my art is crap; I mostly write. Anyway, feel free to pitch nonsense webcomic ideas here and make fun of the examples above.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:Webcomics
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 01:48:15 PM »
I've heard of this one called Penny Arcade.  It's supposed to be pretty funny.  I think the URL is pennyarcade.com.  You might want to check it out for ideas or something.  It's a pretty dumb name.  I would have called it The Adventures of Pocky Boy & Wunder Kid.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 01:59:31 PM »
A while back, cube-europe asked for entries for a webcomic. Here's what won.

And here's what I submitted.
In retrospect, it was a bit...rough.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 02:32:25 PM »
How about a web comic that isn't  snarky comments on video games  and their culture. I think they already have that  subject covered.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 04:50:43 PM »
For mine, even though it's a one man gig and everything, it has a pretty high following [around 3K a day].  I've tried staying away from the video game ones, sometimes they come up, but I'm just trying to get mine to be about anything in general.

Shameless Plug
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]