Author Topic: "The Usual Suspects" banner up top.  (Read 3081 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
"The Usual Suspects" banner up top.
« on: February 09, 2006, 08:45:34 AM »
I like that "The Usual Suspects" banner up there.  Well, I guess it's one of many random banners here, but I just saw that particular one for the first time just now.

What is that from?  Any singular Mario game in particular?  Mario Superstar Baseball, maybe?  (Stupid Blockbuster Canada only has eight copies in the WHOLE COUNTRY so I haven't gotten a chance to play it.  ;_; )  Is there a larger version of this image anywhere?

It would be sweet as, like, a long, lengthwise, full-size poster.  I guess you'd need a freakishly long room for that, though...

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:"The Usual Suspects" banner up top.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 10:10:08 AM »
Meet the Book of REVelations (sorry). That's the source of that picture as well as many others.

Apparently, it was sent to Japanese shareholders of Nintendo stock. I used to get similar documentation when I owned Pixar stock.

–SB
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:"The Usual Suspects" banner up top.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 10:27:26 AM »
Man, WaLuigi has a serious problem.  Slouching will not earn him Brownie points with Daisy...[or birdo for that matter o_O]
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: "The Usual Suspects" banner up top.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 10:49:35 AM »
Yeah, I made that banner. 'Cause I'm Awesome!

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 04:16:25 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking about waluigi in that pic, if he stood straight and unbent his legs he might even rival bowser in height
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 04:23:17 PM »
I've always thought Waluigi looks like a gangly frenchman...

Am I alone in that thinking?
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 07:57:38 PM »
At least he's not a Fatty-McFat-Fat like Wario. That dude is w-i-d-e.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 03:17:22 AM »
My friends and I have always joked that one of Wario's "catchphrases" should be, "Don'ta laugh! It'sa glandular problem!"

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 05:41:19 AM »
Wario is proud of his fat.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report