Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread  (Read 71903 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2013, 12:15:06 PM »
Anyone online to hunt? I have a room in the Free Play 3 Lobby 8 with NWR in the room title. I'd like to face Quropeco with some folks.
Ironically enough I did not see this last night and I was just popping in to hunt something.

Yeah... My G-Rank Career is going terrible.  So far I've either ran out of lives at the very end of a monster, had Disconnects, or Finished Quests that don't actually give you parts from each monster you face.  So essentially I just can't get a G-Rank group together.   I like to get my first G-Rank armor set so it won't be so rough...

I'd be interested in some online play this week, but am afraid that I may be woefully unprepared/underpowered.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »
Anyone online to hunt? I have a room in the Free Play 3 Lobby 8 with NWR in the room title. I'd like to face Quropeco with some folks.
Ironically enough I did not see this last night and I was just popping in to hunt something.

Yeah... My G-Rank Career is going terrible.  So far I've either ran out of lives at the very end of a monster, had Disconnects, or Finished Quests that don't actually give you parts from each monster you face.  So essentially I just can't get a G-Rank group together.   I like to get my first G-Rank armor set so it won't be so rough...

I believe you joined a different room I was in and played with us. How did you know what room to find me in since I gave up after a half hour on anyone joining the NWR room?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2013, 01:13:58 PM »

I believe you joined a different room I was in and played with us. How did you know what room to find me in since I gave up after a half hour on anyone joining the NWR room?
We're Friends.

Its a little weird and cumbersome but, here is the technical answer.

Go to Network Mode
Go to a World
Go to a Lobby
Go to Friends List (Bottom half of the menu)
Hit the Left Bumper to Sort and bring everyone who is on and Active to the top (Why this isn't the default I do not know)
Than Press A on the friend you want to Join and they will wisp you to their room.

Now if I were to design this Friend List be an option on entering Network Mode.  Also be able to get short message and have friend list in the single player optionally turned on.  Though that isn't how it works.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2013, 01:22:27 PM »
I keep forgetting there's a digital manual. It had that information in there. Thanks, however. If you want to play together before 4:30 p.m. CST, let me know and I'll get online. I'm doing offline quests right now with my new long sword. Still need to get some beaks from that Quropeco bird.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2013, 03:47:43 PM »
I actually miss the paper manual for the weapon combo in the ones I don't use often.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2013, 01:50:15 AM »
Yay for off tv play! Now I can play more often.

I need to get up to G rank with you Csric to help you out but I'm still HR 4. I'll try to boost up to tomorrow but man I need new armor. Most of mine are weak to fire and resistant to lightning. I need a good fire resistor or something more neutral O guess. My favorite armor types look like cow boys, pirates, or Chinese martial artists.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2013, 10:35:15 AM »
Ironically I still only have 3 armor sets.
Low Rank Quropeco
High Rank Barroth (Just a good general Armor)
And Gunner Low/High Rank Rathalos

I want to make a G-Rank set next but I'm having a hard time with it.  I like to make one of the Arena sets for kicks but I need G-Rank parts and some other things its an interesting Catch-22 because I'm pretty happpy with the armor I have for the High Rank stuff.  I need to just branch out into more specialty sets.

Also passed the 100hrs Mark according to my save.  Yayish...

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2013, 01:55:05 PM »
Ceric can upgrade my low rank armor to high rank? With constant armor spheres and the like?

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2013, 02:03:38 PM »
I haven't been playing this game enough. :(

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2013, 02:09:36 PM »
Ceric can upgrade my low rank armor to high rank? With constant armor spheres and the like?
Yeah, I have it in the help thread.  You can't go to G-Rank though.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2013, 02:37:17 PM »
Yeah, I have it in the help thread.  You can't go to G-Rank though.

Perfect thanks. I actually have a lot of time to play today. Anyone just let me know if your up for it.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2013, 02:38:25 PM »
I'll be on later today.  Its just my son and I tonight.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
Ceric what high level quests can I fight a Rathian? I guess it's not around in 3 or 4 stars and I need more Rathian plus items. Guess I just gotta focus on leveling up.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2013, 04:23:01 PM »
Let's see.  Their should be one.  Yeah "Reel in a Rathian" is a HR3 Quest.  Plus I think their is an even quest with them as well that may be fun.  Also "Pink Queen of the Peaks" if you want a Pink Rathian though she is more energetic then the regular.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2013, 04:30:56 PM »
Do I get the same items from the pink one? Also I don't see Reel in the Rathian in the tavern. Is it the village quest?

Last thing, if I go back to HR 2 quests do I have a chance of getting plus items? I swear it happened before.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »
Do I get the same items from the pink one? Also I don't see Reel in the Rathian in the tavern. Is it the village quest?
Nope on Both accounts.  Its an Online quest.  Desert Warfare and Merchant Mission are the High Rank Village ones.
Reel in a Rathian should be available to you.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2013, 06:53:54 PM »
Thanks man. Last question for real this time. I'm tying to use off tv play but I don't know how to display my health and stamina back on the screen. I can't figure it out in the options. I usually have it all on the gamepad with a clean HUD but now with off tv play I can't see anything.

Edit: figured it out.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:09:57 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2013, 07:06:51 PM »
Wow that was poor implementation.  I look in a but but their should be an option in the menu to switch to the classic hud.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2013, 10:35:04 PM »
Anyone want to play this evening/tonight? Just let me know and I'll hop online instead of continuing to do offline quests.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2013, 01:48:34 PM »
Anyone want to play this evening/tonight? Just let me know and I'll hop online instead of continuing to do offline quests.

I'm up for it Phil. I think we are already friends. I usually exercise from 6:30pm to 8pm PST. But before and after I should be good.

RomanceDawn

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2013, 02:31:39 PM »

I'm up for it Phil. I think we are already friends. I usually exercise from 6:30pm to 8pm PST. But before and after I should be good.

No problem. I have class from 5:30-8:30 p.m. CST, but I can get online before. I have several hours to kill if you'd like to play now.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2013, 05:20:58 PM »
I'll be leaving in just a little bit, but would anyone like to hunt Rathan or Rathalos in a group later tonight? I need to get some resources from them.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2013, 11:26:26 AM »
I'll be leaving in just a little bit, but would anyone like to hunt Rathan or Rathalos in a group later tonight? I need to get some resources from them.

I just missed you sorry man. I was caught up in some other quests.

Ceric i'm finally G Rank! Let's make some pirate armor!

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2013, 12:05:59 PM »

I just missed you sorry man. I was caught up in some other quests.

Ceric i'm finally G Rank! Let's make some pirate armor!
Sweet!  Now the irony is that I was going to start farming a High Rank gunning set waiting for everyone.

I'll probably be on tonight unless the Misses can make a better off I'll more than likely be on.

I'm guessing you be on around 8:30cst.  Will CaterBaby be joining us?  As I mentioned the other night I Raided with my Son in my lap because he start crying and the Misses wouldn't hear so I have to run over quick after a wipe or something.  Grab him.  Then be raiding while holding a baby.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2013, 12:57:51 PM »
Hahaha. I'll be jumping in and out all day today starting around 2 pm. I usually play when Caterbaby is sleeping(usually) or when Caterwife can keep her under control.

RomanceDawn