Author Topic: (No subject)  (Read 3896 times)

Offline NewsBot

• News Posting Robot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: August 02, 2002, 05:17:34 PM »
Hoo man!  Are you ready to make some seriously bloody messes?

During Midway's game presentation today at the Gamers' Day, Midway showed us a quick glimpse of what we should be expecting with fatalities in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance.  Unfortunately, we only got to see two:

1.  Head stomp.  Opponent is on ground.  Player leaps in the air and stomps on head, basically blowing it apart.

2.  Opponent is staggering.  Player takes fist and jams it in the back of the opponent.  Arm moves around, and player rips the entire skeletal system out of the opponents body.

That was all we saw.  The first one was, eh...nothing too exciting in my opinion, yet the second one was awesome.  Both (well everything in the game really) were very bloody.  From what I've been told today, this is just the beginning of the carnage that you'll be able to unleash.

"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto ..."

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 09:26:33 AM »
I think the Mortal Kombat series is too violent.  I can't believe Nintendo would allow this on their systems.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 11:07:10 AM »
But how else do you suppose they try and shed their "Kiddie" image? If nintendo ever hopes to appeal to a mass market, instead of the niche one that keeps bying mario kart after mario kart, they need to let mature titles like these. If you don't like it, just don't buy it, but let those that want it give it a go!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 11:36:59 AM »
Kano's censored finishing move in the SNES version of Mortal Kombat is one of the STUPIDEST things I've EVER SEEN.

Hilarious.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 11:39:51 AM »
Kano's censored finishing move in the SNES version of Mortal Kombat is one of the STUPIDEST things I've EVER SEEN.

Hilarious.

Refresh my memory?
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 12:11:52 PM »
He rips the loser's heart out, looks at it briefly, then raises it high, victoriously.

But there's no heart.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 12:44:51 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow I can't believe I don't remember that. Almost as stupid a finishing movie as B. Orchids "Flash" in Killer Instinct. It woulda been better if she just stabbed someone with those weird pointy boobs of hers.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 01:03:13 PM »
Come on now, zombie thread bump for no reason? MOD POWERS GO
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 01:12:24 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow I can't believe I don't remember that. Almost as stupid a finishing movie as B. Orchids "Flash" in Killer Instinct. It woulda been better if she just stabbed someone with those weird pointy boobs of hers.

Motorboat of death!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 03:49:19 PM »
Can you believe I once got moderated for bumping this old post?

Man, time flies... :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.