Author Topic: Safe Words 12: It's true! We rue this Wii U review too. Final Round!  (Read 41970 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 12: It's true! We rue this Wii U review too. Round 11.
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2017, 03:20:53 PM »
The bomb word has been chosen. We are back at the start of the rotation with Fatty the Hut first up. This is the 7th time Fatty will have to try and choose a Safe Word to protect himself. Will it be lucky number 7 or is his impressive run at an end?

The choices are:

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2017, 10:16:03 AM »
I'ma go with my man, Captain Toad

Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2017, 11:52:28 AM »
I Dream of Toad...ie...

Not sure why Fatty the Hutt felt the need to try and blow himself up. Maybe that's Toadie just disappearing in a flash. Whatever it is, Fatty is Safe and has made it to the final round. All that's left now is to find out who will join him. TOPHATANT123 or Steefosaurus.

TOPHATANT123 is the last player to choose this round. If he gets it right, he moves on to the Final and will have control of the bomb word for the first time this game. If he gets it wrong, Steefosaurus automatically moves on to the Final and Fatty the Hutt will have control of the bomb word. It all depends on which of these games TOPHATANT123 chooses:

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2017, 02:56:30 PM »
Ohhh things are hotting up, I'm going to go with my heart again Xenoblade Chronicles X, even if I die now I'll get to see Xenoblade gifs and that'll be almost as good as winning.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2017, 04:15:01 PM »
I Dream of Toad...ie...

Not sure why Fatty the Hutt felt the need to try and blow himself up. Maybe that's Toadie just disappearing in a flash.
I wasn't trying to blow myself up. That was just something else exploding. In my pants! EWWWWWW!!!
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2017, 06:26:19 PM »
Ohhh things are hotting up, I'm going to go with my heart again Xenoblade Chronicles X, even if I die now I'll get to see Xenoblade gifs and that'll be almost as good as winning.

Sorry but I still plan to get back and finish XCX so I don't want to look up some gifs and be spoiled about the game. Of course, this is all moot if you are safe. And you are.......

...still waiting.......

....for an answer....

....because I........

....can keep this up all day long......

....We'll find out the results.....

....right after the break....

....This is American Idol Safe Words 12!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2017, 07:16:23 PM »
Welcome back! Before the break we were waiting to see if TOPHATANT123 was safe or not. Well the results are in. And TOPHATANT123......

.... you are......

...NOT SAFE!

(crowd awwws in shock and sympathy)

I'm sorry but you won't be moving on to the final round. Please enjoy the home version of this game and this Xenoblade Chronicles X farewell package we made for you.

Of course, I know what images you were really hoping to see.....

I mean, REALLY TOPHATANT123!!! This is a family show. No wonder you've been eliminated.

Tsk tsk.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 12: It's true! We rue this Wii U review too. Final Round!
« Reply #182 on: March 20, 2017, 07:32:59 PM »
Well, well, well. This us brings us to the Final Round. Fatty the Hutt vs Steefosaurus. Who'd have thought we'd end up here? This is the first Safe Words game for both of these players and one of them is going to walk away the winner joining Ceric as the only other player to win the game of Safe Words on their first try.

Both of these competitors are equally matched. Steefosaurus has chosen the bomb word 3 times this game and with Fatty the Hutt choosing the bomb word for the final round that will tie him with Steefosaurus for choosing the bomb word 3 times in this game as well which is also the most times a player has chosen the bomb word this game.

Fatty the Hutt has correctly chosen a Safe Word 7 times in this game. If Steefosaurus can correctly choose the only Safe Word in the final round then he will also have correctly chosen a Safe Word 7 times this game for the win.

There have now been 5 rounds that have gone the full distance but Fatty the Hutt is the only one who was able to successfully pick the last remaining Safe Word in that 50/50 situation. This is the first time Steefosaurus is facing that 50/50 situation this game. Will he be able to pull it off or will he be the 5th person to fail in that situation this game?

For now, we wait for Fatty to choose the last bomb word for the game.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2017, 09:52:16 AM »
Oh what to do, what to do.
As my favourite 80s nuclear annihilation angst film, Wargames taught us, "the only winning move is not to play."
Coin flip it is then.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2017, 12:20:55 PM »
So, it has come to this.

The final Bomb Word has been chosen and Round 12, the Final Round, is now underway.

For Round 12 and the game, can Steefosaurus choose the final Safe Word and avoid the remaining Bomb Word? He must choose between:

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
or
Yoshi's Woolly World

What will it be?

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 21, 2017, 06:56:29 PM »
Ermegerd do I stick with Yoshi, or do I go with Fatty The Hut's last safe pick? It feels like Toad has been chosen more times... But it makes sense to make Yoshi the bomb... Especially because I think I've switched with every pick... Unless that's what they WANT me to think! A bluff? But what if it's a double bluff? A triple bluff pile-up? A true batman gambit?

Fatty's wise words ring true, and I've only played Yoshi's Woolly World, so if one can only win by not playing, surely the safe pick must be Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker!!!?!?!?!!!!?!??!

*chews every fingernail*

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2017, 07:50:00 PM »
Hey guys. Hope you've all been having fun with the game and all but I'm afraid I can't keep hosting. I think someone else will have to take over or we'll just have to end it here. I just realized that I need to start looking up some images to show who won and lost and that feels like a lot of work that I don't feel like doing so I'm going to check out here I think. Thanks to everyone for playing as much as they did to get us to this point however.

Or you know, just hang tight until I get home and can write up the final posts for the game.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2017, 10:04:22 PM »
Steefosaurus has chosen Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker as the final Safe Word. The final Safe Word is.... Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. This means Fatty the Hutt's attempt to take down Steefosaurus with Yoshi's Woolly World as the bomb choice has failed since he is now forced to choose his own bomb word. His plan to with this game has..... just unravelled! (From offscreen there is a loud shout of YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2017, 10:05:33 PM »
This means Steefosaurus pulled it off and won Safe Words 12 on his first time playing Safe Words. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is your ultimate Safe Word!

Congratulations Steefosaurus!

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 22, 2017, 10:22:37 AM »
Hoist on mine own petard! Shame and eternal shame!

Congrats Steef. Well reasoned, well played.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 22, 2017, 12:45:56 PM »
Congrats!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2017, 07:35:47 PM »
Congratulations Steefosaurus!

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2017, 08:21:13 AM »
Omg finally had time to check back in today after some crazy days, this was a nice surprise! Sorry Fatty The Hut, though you almost got me! Also major thanks Khush for hosting this game and thanks to everyone for playing. It's probably for the best that the final game remains a Wii U exclusive actually, that sounds like useful data for R.O.B.64 :)

If there's another one of these someday I'll be in for sure!

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2017, 01:16:24 AM »
Congrats Steef on a well earned victory! And thanks Khushrenada on putting in all the hard work as host, keeping everything on track, and finding all the gifs for the game.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2017, 11:47:30 PM »
Khush really does have excellent GIF hunting skills.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
So, when's the next game? I wanna take some more guesses!

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
I'm i hosting the next game? Not sure
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Pretty sure you said you were never hosting a Safe Words game again (after you hosted the greatest one ever and realized it could never be surpassed by you or anyone else) but that you were still open to hosting a Mafia game. If you want to try your hand at hosting a Safe Words game again, you're welcome to it but I think you may want to go to the Mafia Forum as I think there's a better chance of hosting a Mafia game there in your future instead especially since you booked Mafia 74 as host...

As for Safe Words 12, I should really wrap this game up already so maybe tomorrow I can end this madness and then we figure who will be handling Unlucky 13.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
"Sir! The market research data is complete. The final result has been determined," announced a R.O.B.ot soldier through an intercom in dread lord Khushrenada's darkened room.

Khushrenada stirred from his sleep and let out a yawn. After stretching, he got up from his Blue Falcon racing car bed and proceeded to change from his Princess Peach dress nightie into an ironic "4 More Years!" Wii U T-shirt and Kirby Epic Yarn sarong. (It feels like pants.) He then went over and sat at a desk where he picked up a phone to the Market Research Data Supervisor.

"Hello?" said a voice.

"Hi. This is Khushrenada. What is the result, Bill?" asked Khushrenada.

"Well, it has been determined that the most popular Wii U game is Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Should we proceed with making 3 sequels for it on the Switch?" replied Bill Trinen.

"Pssh! As if! Do you want the Switch to fail as well? No, Bill, there will be absolutely no Captain Toad on the Switch. That right there is our litmus test of what to avoid. We don't want anything similar to that showing up on the Switch. We'd be better off releasing another Splatoon or port of Mario Kart than Captain Toad. I'm going to let Headquarters know about this," answered Khushrenada.

"Sir, what should we do with the remaining "pollster"?" Bill Trinen asked uncertainly.

“Let’s keep him locked up in our polling dungeon. He’ll serve a useful purpose to us in the future as our canary in the coal mine. We’ll show him upcoming Switch games and if he really likes them than we’ll know to cancel or change them otherwise they’ll probably bomb like other Wii U software. Since this Steefosaurus has a taste for what is popular on the Wii U it will help us to keep doing that opposite of what he likes to succeed” explained Khushrenada.

Then Khushrenada opened a channel to Nintendo HQ. He was great by the unsmiling face of Supreme Emperor Tatsumi Kimishima.

“Mr. Khushrenada. I have with me Mr. Miyamoto, Mr. Aonuma, Mr. Fils-Aime and the ghost of Mr. Iwata. We are very interested in what you have to report. Please, tell us your findings,” ordered Mr. Kimishima.

“Sirs. Forum research indicates that if we want the Switch to succeed than the best course of action is to release a type of software on it unlike anything on the system. Thus, I recommend that we take Zelda: Breath of the Wild which is most unlike other software found on the system and release it with the Switch to ensure success,” explained Khushrenada.

“Very well. Mr. Aonuma, see that it is so. Of course, this will probably upset a few Wii U owners but they are the same people who will buy cheap cardboard with Animal Crossing character pictures on it if we call them Amiibo so who cares. Heck, we could probably just rerelease the NES to distract them from the news and they’d be too busy buying that to care,” gloated Kimishima.

“If we did that, we should re-release it in a smaller size to really make the consumers go crazy. People with tiny brains love tiny gadgets,” interjected Reggie.

Everyone had a good evil laugh.

“Even better, we should release a small quantity of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Wii U at the same time we launch it on the Switch. It will instantly become the best piece of software released on that console thereby dumping on all the stuff that was released on the Wii U while also being the first bit of software released on the Switch showing how great that system is going to be compared to the Wii U,” Khushrenada gleefully suggested.

Everyone had another good and long evil laugh over that idea.

“That is enough,” said Kimishima. Everyone stopped laughing. He continued, “Our decision is clear. We shall proceed on the course decided today. Get to work. This meeting is concluded.”

Two months after the launch of the Switch, having followed the incredible sales success and best launch of a Nintendo console yet following the advice and strategy he laid, Khushrenada was at an all-time of egomaniacal proportions.

“I have to hand it to you, sir. Forum research and polling really does work,” Bill Trinen complimented him.

“Well, of course. I’ve never had any doubt of that. Now, come. HQ wants us to ramp up our research to ensure we carry this Switch momentum to greater heights,” replied Khushrenada.

“Are we going back to the NWR Forums?” asked Bill.

“Good lord, no. Now that we’ve proven the success of forum research, HQ has increased our budget so that we now have the resources to go and collect better information from a much greater informed and more hardcore class of gamer,” proclaimed Khushrenada.

“You don’t mean….?” Gasped Bill.

“That’s right! We’re going to 4Chan!” Khushrenada boldly exclaimed.

Bill set in the coordinates and then the Megaship of Khushrenada took off to its destination leaving behind the NWR Forums forever. And with that, Safe Words was never played again and no one missed it except Insanolord who never won a game of it.

The End.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
And, of course, when concluding a Safe Words game, the most important thing is not about the story or who won or lost, the most important thing is updating the All-Time Safe Words Leaderboard. That's where the real money is and it's the only reason to even bother playing this silly game in the first place!

As mentioned in previous Safe Word games, the players are all ranked by the F-Zero GX racing point system based on their position. Based on how the contestants finished in this game of Safe Words 12, these were the points handed out to them for the game:

1. Steefosaurus - 100
2. Fatty The Hutt - 93
3. TOPHATANT123 - 87
4. TofuFury - 81
5. ShyGuy - 76
6. Soren - 71
7. NWR_insanolord - 66
8. Stratos - 62
9. Mop it up - 58
10. oohhboy - 54
11. nickmitch - 50
12. Evan_B - 47
13. Lucario - 44

If we add the points from this game to the cumulative totals of all players for all 12 games, here is the current All-Time Safe Words Leaderboard:

1. ShyGuy - 872 points (12 games played)
2. Stratos - 862 points (12 games played)
3. Soren - 802 points (12 games played)
4. NWR_insanolord - 791 points (12 games played)
5. nickmitch - 785 points (11 games played)
6. Mop it up - 759 points (10 games played)
7. Lucario - 583 points (8 games played)
8. Silenced - 502 points (7 games played)
9. UncleBob - 478 points (6 games played)
10. TOPHATANT123 - 442 points (6 games played)
11. Triforce Hermit - 430 points (6 games played)
12. oohhboy - 426 points (7 games played)
13. lolmonade - 360 points (6 games played)
14. Nuclearspeed - 342 points (5 games played)
15. Khushrenada - 319 points (5 games played)
16. ObbyDent - 180 points (3 games played)
17. Evan_B - 165 points (3 games played)
18. TofuFury - 139 points (2 games played)
19. Spak-Spang - 116 points (2 games played)
20. (tie) Ceric - 100 points (1 game played)
20. (tie) Steefosaurus - 100 points (1 game played)
22. (tie) Fatty The Hutt - 93 points (1 game played)
22. (tie) Phil - 93 points (1 game played)
22. (tie) Pokepal148 - 93 points (1 game played)
25. (tie) BlackNMild2k1 - 76 points (1 game played)
25. (tie) Zap - 76 points (1 game played)
27. ejamer - 47 points (1 game played)
28. Hypotheliciously - 41 points (1 game played)

Not to much movement on the leaderboard. From his early exit, Nickmitch dropped from 3rd to 5th which means the 4 players who have played every Safe Words game so far (and have yet to host one) are all bunched at the top of the leaderboard. For the most part, the leaderboard is pretty much in order based on how many games a person has played determining their positioning unlike other times in the past where there was a bit more of a differential. Based on his good work this game, TOPHATANT123 was able to leapfrog from 13 to 10 thereby allowing him to crack the top 10 all-time point leader rankings. And, of course, it was announced in game when it happened but ShyGuy reclaims the number 1 spot on the leaderboard from Stratos who dropped back to number 2 on the list.

With that, Safe Words 12 is finished! There is nothing more I need to do as host this game.

Thanks for playing!