Author Topic: Safe Words 12: It's true! We rue this Wii U review too. Final Round!  (Read 41970 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 12: It's true! We rue this Wii U review too. Round 8.
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2017, 03:53:19 PM »
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2017, 03:53:35 PM »
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2017, 05:47:29 PM »
And once again, Soren is safe. Which means.....

What's that?

I've been handed the wrong envelope?

I see.....

Oh my gosh,
I was wrong.
It was DK all along.
You've finally made a monkey
(Yes, we've finally made a monkey)
Yes, you've finally made a monkey
Out of meeeeeeeeeeeeee! (and Soren)

You Maniacs! You blew Soren up!

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2017, 05:54:26 PM »
And, after quoting it, it's only right that I link to the video of the greatest broadway musical of all time so here it is:

I love you, Dr. Zaius!

With the untimely demise of Soren, Fatty just barely avoids pulling an Insanolord and gets to move on to Round 9 by default, the two sweetest words in the English language. However, it will be TofuFury who gets to select the bomb word for that round so we now wait for his selection as we get very close to the endgame for this edition of Safe Words.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 05:59:33 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 12: It's true! We rue this Wii U review too. Round 9.
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2017, 07:55:36 PM »
TofuFury has made his choice and now it is up to the rest of the players to avoid. The players who successfully advance to the next round will be making up the Final Four for this game. Who's it going to be?

Fatty The Hutt is the first one up this round to try and give himself that opportunity. Not a lot of choices left at this point of the game but for the start of Round 9 he has the following list:

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2017, 05:00:19 PM »
I choose Captain Crunchtoad Crunchberry Beast Tracker
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2017, 06:13:14 PM »
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (with imitation berries) is correct! (With a slight case of horrifying!)

Next up is ShyGuy! Which of the remaining options will he choose?

Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2017, 02:07:56 AM »
The safest choice is obviously Mario Kart 8. It's a best seller on the WiiU, and it's getting ported to the Switch, no way it is a bomb, right?

Right?

RIGHT?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2017, 02:00:37 PM »
The safest choice is obviously Mario Kart 8. It's a best seller on the WiiU, and it's getting ported to the Switch, no way it is a bomb, right?

Wrong.

Right?

Wrong.

RIGHT?

Still wrong.

The pain just doesn't end there.

So long, ShyGuy. Your race is over. There is no Game Over screen for Mario Kart 8 so let's just stare into the dark oblivion of your soul instead.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2017, 02:03:08 PM »
So, that means we have reached the Final Four of Safe Words 12. And it's quite a surprising crew with most of the usual suspects missing now that ShyGuy just failed to make the cut. I'll do a write-up about it later tonight and then we'll start these final 3 rounds.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 12: It's true! We rue this Wii U review too. Round 10.
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2017, 04:12:53 PM »
If I'm reading the list correctly, I think I get to choose again.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2017, 04:53:28 PM »
Yes, you'll be choosing the Bomb Word for Round 10. In fact, I'll send you a pm so you can do that now.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2017, 09:54:12 PM »
Welcome to the Final Four of Safe Words 12. It's quite an unusual affair compared to past games because there's only one player here with experience at this level. Let's start off with him.

TOPHATANT123 is a boom or bust player. This is his 6th game. In 3 of those games, he was the second player out. In the other 3, which includes this one, he has made it to the Final Four and has even won a game. In Safe Words 9, he was able to triumph over Nickmitch to get himself a win. So far, only 2 other players have managed the feat of winning 2 Safe Word games. Nuclearspeed and Lucario. Will TOPHATANT123 be able to join their ranks and create a Two-Time Trifecta? Will his experience help him steady his nerves and make the right choices to be able to twice accomplish what Soren or Insanolord have been unable to accomplish once despite playing twice as many games? Unlike the other players in the Final Four, TOPHATANT123 is the only player to not have a selected bomb word once this game. Therefore, he's been doing very well with avoiding danger even if he's been unable to try and target other players. Now he has to avoid the bomb word again for the 6th time this game. Can he keep it up or will all this dodging finally catch up to him? Can he gain control of the Bomb Word for a sudden late game push to victory? Time will soon tell us the ending to this tale.

As for the remaining 3 players, they have a combined one game of previous experience between them all. And that's because of one player: TofuFury.

TofuFury is playing his second game of Safe Words and he has managed to crack the Final Four this game after placing 9th in Safe Words 10. This is uncharted territory for him (and 2 others in our Final Four). Yet, despite the relative inexperience to the game, TofuFury has been responsible for 2 big eliminations. He has had control of the Bomb word twice this game and his selection has resulted in the elimination of both Lucario and ShyGuy, two giants of the game. Will he be able to outlast one more veteran in TOPHATANT123 and survive the Beginner's Luck of Fatty the Hutt and Steefosaurus? Can he join Triforce Hermit and lolmonade as the third player to win a game of Safe Words on their second try? Or will he fail and just be like the rest of you schmucks?

Steefosaurus is one of two players having a bit of a Cinderella run. In his first game, he has already made it to the Final Four outlasting 5 other players who were playing their 12 consecutive Safe Words game and couldn't make it to this point. Steefosaurus is one of two players this game to have an Insta-Kill Bomb Word Selection. (The other was Insanolord who then took himself out on his second selection. Talk about extremes.) His first choice took out Evan_B giving him a second crack at the bomb word. And that second choice wasn't too shabby either as it took out the winner of the previous game of Safe Words, (as determined by a recount and Supreme Court) Nickmitch, who was the third person in rotation of that round who fell to it. Clearly, Steefosaurus is pretty good at picking bomb words. Can he gain control of it again near the end and seal the victory? Or will he have to do it through smart Safe Word selecting? Can he overcome the Topdog TOPHATANT123 and the giant killer TofuFury or will his road to victory come to an end just short of the prize? And what about Fatty the Hutt who's almost mirrored Steefosaurus's accomplishments this game? Who's Beginner's Luck is stronger? Will it come down to newbie vs newbie for the final round or will some other matchup prevail?

Finally, Fatty the Hutt. As mentioned, this is also the first game for Fatty the Hutt and like Steefosaurus, he has also been able to outlast some tough competition to make it to the Final Four. Only one player in Safe Words history has been able to win the game on their first try and that person is Ceric who won Safe Words 1 which was everyone's first try in that game. Can Fatty the Hutt or Steefosaurus match that triumph? Unlike Steefosaurus, Fatty the Hutt has had to face a 50/50 situation already this game when he was confronted with that predicament at the end of Round 7 where he successfully selected the only Safe Word still remaining leading to Insanolord's demise. This means that Fatty the Hutt is already a hero this game for eliminating Insanolord but I'm sure he'd like to put a cherry on top of that victory by being the last player standing as well. Two other players this game also faced a 50/50 choice at the end of a round but they both chose poorly. With limited Safe Word choices in these last rounds, will Fatty be able to survive further flirtations with death? He's the only player at the moment to have successfully made it through 6 rotations. For the remaining players, this will be their 6th time trying to avoid another bomb word. Does his early spot on the rotation give him an edge or will it catch up to him near the end? Will his beginner's luck hold out or will his carriage ride turn to a pumpkin on his trip to the top against TOPHATANT123, TofuFury and Steefosaurus?

We're about to find out as we begin the last three round of Safe Words 12.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2017, 09:54:24 PM »
For Round 10, Fatty the Hutt is the one selecting the Bomb Word and he has already sent me that selection. This is the second time Fatty is choosing the Bomb Word which ties him with 3 other players this game for most Bomb Words chosen in the game so far. The other 3 players to have selected the Bomb Word twice this game are Insanolord, Steefosaurus, and TofuFury. Only Insanolord didn't make the Final Four so it would seem there is an advantage to controlling the bomb word. (Just don't pull an Insanolord and eliminate yourself with it and you should be fine.)

The first person to select for round 10 is TOPHATANT123 on his quest for a second victory. He can choose from the following list:

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2017, 10:08:15 PM »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2017, 02:34:53 PM »
TOPHATANT123 has been given his 24 hour notice to show up or being automatically eliminated. Is that how the last veteran player will go down this game?

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2017, 06:53:57 AM »
Uhhh I'll take Xenoblade Chronicles X chief! I'm always fashionably late cause I'm an all-round fashionable individual.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2017, 10:36:16 AM »
I should just eliminate you out of principle but everyone knows I have none. You're lucky I feel asleep early last night and forgot about checking back in here. Don't do that again.

TOPHATANT123 pulls off an improbable save and that means Steefosaurus is up next. He has the remaining games to choose from:

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Yoshi's Woolly World

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2017, 10:53:27 AM »
Nice super slo-mo jump to the chopper save there haha!

Welp if I'm getting blown to smithereens I wish for others to tell my story... spin my yarn, if you will.
Don't let me down GoodFeel! Yoshi's Woolly World let's go!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2017, 11:44:33 AM »
If you are getting blown to smithereens, it won't be this round. Steefosaurus continues his run into Round 11.

That brings us to the end of Round 10. (Much longer than I thought it would take. Looking at you TOP!) It comes down to TofuFury. If he gets it right, he advances to the next round. If he's wrong then it is Fatty the Hutt who makes it in.

It comes down to this:

Super Smash Bros. Wii U

What will you choose TofuFury?

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2017, 01:24:51 PM »
Decisions, decisions... with a 50/50 shot of being right. Well, if I go out this round, I won't feel too bad when it's with one of my favorites on WiiU. Let's go with Super Smash Brothers.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2017, 04:02:55 PM »
Smash Bros he says and Smash Bros he will get.

He hit me with a left and shattered my face
And a right sent my teeth all over the place

Then another great punch caved-in my eye socket
He broke my jaw and my trainer yelled, "Stop it!"

But nobody heard him and he crushed my ribs
Blood sprayed off my face and onto some kids

So I leaned back to hit him with all of my might
Took a swing, but he caught me with a sucker punch right

Then a sucker punch left and a sucker punch right
Then twenty-two consecutive sucker punch rights

He tore off my arms and beat me with 'em
Then threw acid in my face which obscured my vision

I was quivering and twitching when I soiled my shorts
Then Yoshi pooped me out (customary in sports)

The doctor came out and pronounced me dead
And that was the night I fought Rocky choose Smash Bros.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 04:06:22 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 18, 2017, 04:11:15 PM »
With that, TofuFury's run in this game is over as he sets a new personal best of 4th place. After taking out some heavy competition, TofoFury finally succumbs to the new guys and Fatty's bomb word.

If you were wondering what was meant by the rhymes I'd posted with the Smash Bros. gifs then you need to learn about the night I fought Rocky.

This means that Steefosaurus will be choosing the next bomb word for Round 11. This will be the third time Steefosaurus has control of the bomb word breaking the 4-way tie of people twice controlling the bomb selection. What will he choose?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 12: It's true! We rue this Wii U review too. Round 11.
« Reply #173 on: March 18, 2017, 04:54:21 PM »
Proof that Captain Toad Treasure Tracker > SmUsh.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 12: It's true! We rue this Wii U review too. Round 11.
« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2017, 12:40:38 AM »
Dang, I was smaaaaaaashed out of the game. :'(

Oh well, I'm happy I lasted as long as I did, and can't complain about the game I went out on. Good luck to the final three.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo