Author Topic: REVIEWS: Crosswords DS  (Read 8327 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: REVIEWS: Crosswords DS
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 01:49:52 PM »
Well you could just go down the alphabet 1 letter at a time like I did on the hard ones, but that could be considered cheating.

Even though I suck at crosswords, I'm still a real man, so I played with assist turned off so it wouldn't tell me if I made a mistake.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 04:25:22 PM »
I haven't seen any obvious pop culture references, but the game's difficulty really shoots up when you unlock the Hard puzzles. I mean, dang.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 07:32:53 PM »
I've been playing the game and it is great stuff. I seldom use the assist and if I do I don't use it to "go through the alphabet" to get the right letter.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 10:06:39 PM »
Why would you even keep playing if you were to the point of just trying every letter and using the assistance feature, that can't be any fun. I'm still in medium so I don't know anything about the higher levels, but I love the vocabulary testing that the clues turn into, I really like this kind of crossword puzzle.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 01:35:50 AM »
because I got stuck on three or four words that even once solved made no sense at all. I only did that for the last few words I just couldn't figure out. It was also on the hard mode btw. I spent over two hours on the stupid puzzle, by then it wasn't much fun anymore anyways.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Tuxedo.Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2008, 06:32:06 PM »
So this game is better than the best rpg of the year; the world ends with you?

HAHAHAHAHA, another proof of why this site has some of the worst reviews in the internet.

Pathetic "journos"

I have a burning question that I think you will be able to solve. Are jerks like you born or made?

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 09:41:10 PM »
So this game is better than the best rpg of the year; the world ends with you?

HAHAHAHAHA, another proof of why this site has some of the worst reviews in the internet.

Pathetic "journos"

I have a burning question that I think you will be able to solve. Are jerks like you born or made?

neither, he was hatched.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline planetidiot

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 10:57:08 AM »
I was annoyed to find out that you are supposed to find ALL the anagrams possible, minus the words Nintendo might think are naughty.  It's not like Boggle where you find as many as you can in a time limit.  You literally have to sit there trying every combination of letters to find the last 2 or 3 anagrams.  Ugh. Not fun.

On the whole it's a decent enough title, but I think my wife will enjoy it more than I do.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 12:45:21 AM »
I was annoyed to find out that you are supposed to find ALL the anagrams possible, minus the words Nintendo might think are naughty.  It's not like Boggle where you find as many as you can in a time limit.  You literally have to sit there trying every combination of letters to find the last 2 or 3 anagrams.  Ugh. Not fun.

On the whole it's a decent enough title, but I think my wife will enjoy it more than I do.

A tip on the anagrams, the list on the top screen is in alphabetical order, so you can get a hint by what words the blank one is between. You still have to guess, but not quite as blindly.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent