Poll

WiiS3 or Wii60?

PS3
6 (27.3%)
16 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: What is the best combination?  (Read 14417 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best combination?
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2008, 02:30:41 PM »
Nice, KDR.  Make sure you post your PS3 tag in the proper thread and I'll add you in.

Also, don't forget that you can always upgrade that 80GB hard drive to a drive of any size you want.  You aren't handcuffed by what Microsoft offers.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 05:20:58 AM »
That's D_Average you're talking to, not me. I have zero interest in a PS3 and little in a 360.

Do you really need more than 80GB on a freaking console?

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2008, 11:49:57 AM »
That's D_Average you're talking to, not me. I have zero interest in a PS3 and little in a 360.

Do you really need more than 80GB on a freaking console?

With games like Burnout now available for download, yes! 

Oh man, I can't wait to see GameStop crumble!!!
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2008, 12:11:29 PM »

But it's cheaper to buy Burnout Paradise on disc than get the download version. Plus you don't completely waste hard drive space!

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2008, 12:53:58 PM »

But it's cheaper to buy Burnout Paradise on disc than get the download version. Plus you don't completely waste hard drive space!

They're actually both 30, unless of course you get the used copy from Gamestop for 25.  Personally, I already had the hard disc so I didn't download, but had I not, I would have.  Burnout is one of those games with long legs that would be great to have on the hard drive for quick plays.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2008, 11:37:40 AM »
The point of having a large HD is so that you have hard drive space to waste.  In other words, you don't have to constantly think, "Do I have room for this game on my HD?"

With the fall 360 update you'll be able to copy games directly to disc and play them off the hard drive (which is brilliant).  With that in mind, 120GB isn't as big as it used to be.  Sony will probably allow this on the PS3 at some point, which means I'll be copying over select games (I'm looking at you, Metal Gear Solid 4 and your intolerable in-between-level installs).
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2008, 05:44:56 PM »
With the fall 360 update you'll be able to copy games directly to disc and play them off the hard drive (which is brilliant).  With that in mind, 120GB isn't as big as it used to be.  Sony will probably allow this on the PS3 at some point, which means I'll be copying over select games (I'm looking at you, Metal Gear Solid 4 and your intolerable in-between-level installs).

That feature is making me interested in upgrading to 120GB HD from my measly 20GB HD.  I'm worried though I have heard some people have had issues with transferring data.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2008, 08:24:02 PM »
I haven't heard that.  I can tell you that I had zero problems.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2008, 09:12:58 PM »
well it's good to hear you didn't have any problems, maybe my friend's problem was an isolated incident or maybe even not related to the memory transfer.  He claimed he lost some save data to Halo 3.  That was the only thing he mentioned so if that is the case I'm not gonna worry about it.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2008, 09:31:20 PM »

Don't forget you still need the disc in the tray, so the feature is pointless. I wonder how stuff like Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey will be dealt with since they are all multi-disc games.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2008, 01:52:57 PM »
It's not pointless because you'll have considerably lessened load times, and you won't have to stream data off the DVD disk.

The Halo 3 save data issue was actually a bug with Halo 3, not a problem with the transferring of data itself.  There was (is?) a bug in the save data creation that prevented it from being able to be loaded from anything but the hard drive it was originally created on.  Meaning that if you transferred your save data onto a Memory Unit and took it to your buddies' house, or transferred it to a different hard drive (e.g. moved it from the 20GB to the 120GB drive), you could no longer resume your saved Campaign game.  I'm not sure if they ever fixed this.  When it happened to me I wasn't very deep into the Campaign, so I just deleted my data and started over.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2008, 04:38:03 PM »
It seems like the poll results are heavily in favor of 360.  I bet it's even moreso if you only count the votes of people who actually own both!

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2008, 05:19:12 PM »
It seems like the poll results are heavily in favor of 360.  I bet it's even moreso if you only count the votes of people who actually own both!

I would be interesting to conduct the same poll one year from now.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2008, 02:29:06 PM »
I wonder if it'd be even more one sided, or evening out?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.