Author Topic: Wario Land: Shake It!  (Read 36689 times)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Wario Land: Shake It!
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2008, 10:53:13 PM »
I never liked Josh, sure it's pretty cool that he provides media of Japanese games but his justification about games and stuff in general is horrible. I think he's a rabid fanboy gone wrong.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2008, 06:10:59 AM »
After watching the latest movies, I must say I'm surprised at how great this games soundtrack is.  I watched the games credits on Youtube and found out the music in this game was done by Tomoya Tomita.  I looked him up and found out that he was involved with doing music for Konami games back in the 90's, which included some of the Goemon games.

Since Good Feel is suppose to be made up of ex-Konami employees that worked on the Goemon games, it makes perfect sense then that he'd end up here as well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2008, 02:51:51 AM »
Having just seen an actual clip of the game in motion for the very first time, it'd be fair to say that I'm overawed by the graphics.  They're GORGEOUS.

I for one didn't care for the music in the gameplay video I saw, though.  It wasn't very Wario.  That was just one video, though, so the end result might wind up more characterful.
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2008, 11:37:23 AM »
The graphics are in fact GORGEOUS. Probably the best looking 2D platformer I've ever seen, it really looks like an animated show. The platforming felt really good too, and I think this game went from my maybe pile to my buy pile.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »
WTF This is at PAX too!?

Where are the list of Wii games that are at PAX?
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2008, 06:30:48 PM »
Did anyone play this at PAX?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2008, 08:00:24 PM »
I did. I played it for about 1 level. It seemed to play just fine!  As expected pretty much. Not sure I can say much more than that!

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2008, 02:28:36 PM »
Interview with Charles Martinet
The interview is in text and Podcast form. I always like listening to Charles Martinet it is always entertaining.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2008, 10:25:50 PM »
Thought I'd toss this out there.  Nintendo press release.

Nintendo's Famous Anti-Hero, Wario, Invades Six Flags This Summer

Theme Parks' Guests to Experience Wario Land: Shake It!'s Game-Play Features and Compete for Prizes

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nintendo and its favorite antagonist, Warioâ„¢, have teamed up with Six Flags to take over 10 theme parks throughout the country this September. In celebration of the release of Wario Landâ„¢: Shake It!, the new game for the Wiiâ„¢ console, Nintendo will be giving park guests the opportunity to check out the game and win prizes.
Wario Land: Shake It! plays like a classic side-scroller, but incorporates motion-controlled elements: Players shake the Wii Remoteâ„¢ controller to help Wario shake down enemies for coins or tilt it to help him decide where to toss them. The game launches exclusively for Wii on Sept. 22.

"Wario Land: Shake It! is a game that everyone from veterans to newcomers can enjoy," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "Partnering with Six Flags to bring the title to theme parks nationwide is a great opportunity for consumers to experience the game and rediscover the franchise at a place that is designed for fun."
As part of the theme park takeover, Wario Land: Shake It!game-play interactives will be available at the 10 Six Flags parks' Wii Experience areas to allow Wario fans and park guests the chance to experience the game first-hand and reconnect with the long-running Wario franchise.

In addition, on Sept. 27, Nintendo will host a competition at two Six Flags locations: Six Flags Magic Mountain near Los Angeles and Six Flags St. Louis. Running concurrently at both parks, competitors will play through a level in Wario Land: Shake It! as fast as they can, just as Wario must race through various levels in the game. At the end of the competition, the player with the best overall time will be Nintendo's guest on a holiday trip to New York and a visit to the Nintendo World store. In addition, one person at each park with the best overall time will win a "Bottomless Coin Sack" containing:

a Wii system and a copy of Wario Land: Shake It!
a Nintendo DSâ„¢ system
a gift certificate for Six Flags merchandise
fun premium items
Remember that Wii features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other Wii features, visit Wii.com.
For more information about Wario Land: Shake It!, visit www.WarioLandShakeIt.com.

Participating Parks and dates include:

Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, N.J.) – 9/27-28, 10/4-5, 10/11-12
Six Flags Magic Mountain (Valencia, Calif.) - 9/27-28, 10/4-5, 10/11-12
Six Flags Great America (Gurnee, Ill.) - 10/4-5, 10/11-12
Six Flags Over Texas (Arlington, Texas) - 9/27-28, 10/4-5, 10/11-12
Six Flags Over Georgia (Austell, Ga.) - 9/27-28, 10/4-5, 10/11-12
Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio, Texas) - 10/4-5, 10/11-12
Six Flags New England (Agawam, Mass.) - 9/27-28, 10/4-5, 10/11-12
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (Vallejo, Calif.) - 9/27-28, 10/4-5, 10/11-12
Six Flags America (Bowie, Md.) - 10/4-5, 10/11-12
Six Flags St. Louis (Eureka, Mo.) - 9/27-28, 10/4-5, 10/11-12
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2008, 04:25:00 AM »
So yeah, this game comes out tomorrow.  I find it rather sad that there is no hype for this game at all anywhere.  Of course it doesn't help that NOA hasn't bothered to advertise it, but still, considering this is the first Wario Land game in 7 years you'd think the internet would be more excited about it.

Oh well I'll be doing my part on Monday, hopefully enough others will as well.  :(

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2008, 05:07:49 AM »
It's not a Hideo Kojima developed Hideo Kojima Productions Hideo Kojima game from Hideo Kojima, so the internet's not very interested.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2008, 09:19:58 AM »
Tomorrow is a killer  MM9, Wario, De Blob, Samba de amigo, kirby and rhapsody a music adventure.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2008, 09:26:57 AM »
Yeah, this week's insane.

Wario, de Blob, Yakuza 2 (PAL), Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, Mega Man 9 (it better bloody well hit the PAL VC on Friday), Sim City Creator, Sonic Chronicles, Time Hollow...

fuhfuufuhfhuffpf

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2008, 10:48:37 AM »
Oh well I'll be doing my part on Monday, hopefully enough others will as well.  :(

I'm too busy for hype, but I'll still definitely be picking it up whenever it pops up around here... =)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2008, 12:24:42 PM »
Is this game seriously gonna be $50?  I'll still buy it; I just wanted it to be budget.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »
Why?  Does a game being 2D make it worth less than a 3D one?  =\

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2008, 02:03:39 PM »
Damn! I don't have the money!

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2008, 03:09:06 PM »
I'm in the same boat I currently have enough for one game.I want De Blob,Samba De Amigo,and this.In November I want 4 games Mushroom Men,Call of Duty:World at War,Tales of symphonia:Dawn of the new world and Disaster:Day of Crisis.

Decisions Decisions...
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2008, 04:45:26 PM »
I just don't think you can justify a 2D platformer at $49.99 in this day and age.  I think $39.99 is a reasonable price for this game, and it would probably move a lot more units at that price.  I think it's hard to expect people to pick up Wario Land: Shake It! at the same price as Super Mario Galaxy.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2008, 10:24:05 PM »
I just don't think you can justify a 2D platformer at $49.99 in this day and age.  I think $39.99 is a reasonable price for this game, and it would probably move a lot more units at that price.  I think it's hard to expect people to pick up Wario Land: Shake It! at the same price as Super Mario Galaxy.

Yeah well people pick up "generic 8 hour FPS" for 59.99 in this time and age and you don't see people complaining when they buy them. I'm sure Wario will have a pretty good length and the animation in it is pure awesome sauce.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2008, 11:11:25 PM »
According to the people that imported it, the game takes around 15 - 20 hours to complete 100%.  The normal stages contains about 3 or 4 missions to do but the real fun is in the secret stages.  From what I've read there's about 10 secret stages, and the secret stages can be quite challenging and have around 6 to 7 missions in them.

The only way Wario Land Shake ends up being short is if you just play through all the normal stages without bothering to do any of the missions and stop after you beat the final boss.  It only takes about 5 hours to get to the final boss that way.  Of course that would be like beating Mario Galaxy once you get 60 Stars and not bothering to collect the other 60, and not bothering to play again as Luigi.

In other words, when Wario Land Shake is played to the fullest it ends up being a good value.

Oh and in other news, here's an interview with the development team if anyones interested.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2008/meet_the_brains_behind_wario_land_9513.html

http://nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2008/drawing_wario_the_animation_of_wario_land_9515.html

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2008, 02:11:30 AM »

Yeah well people pick up "generic 8 hour FPS" for 59.99 in this time and age and you don't see people complaining when they buy them. I'm sure Wario will have a pretty good length and the animation in it is pure awesome sauce.

Perception does not equal reality but it forms most people's reality. When most people think a 2d game is simpler and should be cheaper than a 3d game then it has to be or it won't sell. No idea what the new market will say though, maybe it'll stand a chance.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2008, 05:50:51 AM »
The only way Wario Land Shake ends up being short is if you just play through all the normal stages without bothering to do any of the missions and stop after you beat the final boss.  It only takes about 5 hours to get to the final boss that way.  Of course that would be like beating Mario Galaxy once you get 60 Stars and not bothering to collect the other 60, and not bothering to play again as Luigi.

Reminds me of reviews of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat that complained about how short it was...

Perception does not equal reality but it forms most people's reality. When most people think a 2d game is simpler and should be cheaper than a 3d game then it has to be or it won't sell. No idea what the new market will say though, maybe it'll stand a chance.

Has there EVER been a perception (outside a small fraction of the internet hardcore) that 2D is "simpler and should be cheaper" than a 3D game?  I don't really think so...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2008, 08:41:31 AM »
Personally i'm worried the game will be too long. I haven't even beat Wario Land II because I got bored way too early.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2008, 09:37:32 AM »
Has there EVER been a perception (outside a small fraction of the internet hardcore) that 2D is "simpler and should be cheaper" than a 3D game?  I don't really think so...

I do, now.  I mean, when top-quality 2D games like Ikaruga and Braid are being released on Xbox Live Arcade for $15 or less, it somehow makes me reluctant to pay "full price" for anything 2D.  The market has dictated that, to some degree.  It's also the fact that a lot of the best 2D stuff now comes on the Nintendo DS at a $35-and-below price point.  Games developed for XBLA and DS are typically made for those platforms because they're smaller projects requiring less people, and are cheaper to make.  I've said this before - you can't tell me that it cost Nintendo a fifth of the money to make Wario Land: Shake It than it did any of its other 3D first-party games, yet they sell it at the same price.  I can't help but feel that that's kind of a rip.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog