Author Topic: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith Discussion  (Read 10704 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith Discussion
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2010, 07:51:27 PM »
Did everyone see the video where the computer console Han shot on the Death Star when they were breaking Leia out shot him first?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajFd_Tf7D1M&feature=related
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 07:54:04 PM »
But the real outright contradiction is that in Return of the Jedi Luke asks Leia about their mother because he never knew her and she mentions memories she had saying that her mom died when she was very young.  In Episode III their mother dies about 30 seconds after giving birth to them.  Leia would clearly have no more memory of their mother than Luke would.  So is Leia full of ****?  Are these false memories?
At the end of Revenge of the Sith, Leia's eyes are open, Luke's eyes aren't. It's subtle, but it's there. I give Lucas a pass... for that; not for, you know, f-ing everything else up, like Greedo shooting first. "Ooh, look at me, I'm George Lucas. **** characterization."

Maybe it's because i'm not a hardcore fan, but I laugh at people getting mad at Lucas since it's his franchise. He can do whatever he wants with it, including going back and adding the special effects he wanted to do originally but didn't have the money. The Greedo thing is one thing that I could maybe understand, but I see people complaining for good stuff like making the laser shots look better.

Spike has been doing a marathon of all six live-action movies this weekend (which they do every few months, might as well since they paid a ton of money to get the exclusive rights to air them).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 10:52:24 PM »
Of course, Lucas can do what he wants. No one is really claiming otherwise. However, I think there's a distinct difference between getting mad at a man for raping his own franchise and not wanting to watch crap. I fall into the latter. For a $10 movie ticket, I sure as hell don't feel like listening to Anakin Skywalker talk about how much he hates the sand. Really, you can apply the same principle to anything you pay for. No one wants to feel like they wasted money.

I'd hardly call myself a hardcore fan. I mean, I like Star Wars, but I treat it like any other movie I watch. Bad filmaking is bad filmmaking no matter how you cut it.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 03:06:57 AM »
I really don't care if Han shot first or whatever, but I hated that Lucas took out the puppets and replaced them with CGI. It's just to easy to tell that the people replaced aren't really there. They seem out of place, too clean to be at a dirty bar and just plain lacking in the charm that the puppets had. THAT'S what kills it for me.

The lasers and **** were nice though.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 02:30:38 PM »
Maybe it's because i'm not a hardcore fan, but I laugh at people getting mad at Lucas since it's his franchise. He can do whatever he wants with it

Agreed.  And I have the right to call him out for being an idiot with stupid ideas.  And I still see the Leia mom thing as an inconsistency because any rationalization for it is too complicated and involves too many "well maybe it's like this..." stuff.  If I have to guess hypothetical reasons for why something isn't a contradiction then it's very very very likely a contradiction.  It's just the most straightforward and logical conclusion.

All I really gave a damn about was when Lucas did not offer the original films on DVD as I saw that as jerking around the fans that didn't want his revisionist history crap.  Whether he has the right to do it or not I didn't like his changes and preferred the original cut.  Since I have been able to legally purchase the original versions I have been able to more or less divorce myself from Star Wars and he can go piss away any credibiliy or reputation he once had.  I can enjoy the original films and that's all I ever wanted anyway.